[3.15] 1h Impale Cyclone Slayer. Cheap league starter and strong endgame farmer. No required items.

"
HELLERcz wrote:
Hello,
What did you oil on amulet for this league? Ty

I havent played Cyclone this league, but in general anything with life%, crit multi or the fortify node are all real strong options.

What I would pick personally would depend on what my gear was at the time but the strongest all-round node would be Rampart. (the fortify node)
Search for Lucidity in Skilltree
Think thats a viable choice
Thanks for the build instructions!

"
Dex2644 wrote:
Listed in order of DPS gain.

Blood and Sand has 40% increased Buff Effect - 6% more damage
Dread Banner has 40% increased Aura Effect - 5% more damage
15% Cyclone Attack Speed - 4.8% more damage
40% Cyclone Damage - 4.7% more damage
12% increased Attack Speed during Blood Rage - 3.8% more damage

I've got both enchants on two helmets and the DPS for the enchant Cyclone Damage is higher than Blood and Sand Buff on my build. I also checked on your POB and it's showing Cyclone Damage is more. Am I missing something?

I am done with gearing this char .. I will do challenge 38 this league ... another good league :)

ty for this build.
"
baBBQ wrote:
Thanks for the build instructions!

"
Dex2644 wrote:
Listed in order of DPS gain.

Blood and Sand has 40% increased Buff Effect - 6% more damage
Dread Banner has 40% increased Aura Effect - 5% more damage
15% Cyclone Attack Speed - 4.8% more damage
40% Cyclone Damage - 4.7% more damage
12% increased Attack Speed during Blood Rage - 3.8% more damage

I've got both enchants on two helmets and the DPS for the enchant Cyclone Damage is higher than Blood and Sand Buff on my build. I also checked on your POB and it's showing Cyclone Damage is more. Am I missing something?

At the time of writing the guide there was no B&S enchant and the Dread Banner wont get calculated for the same reason Impale wont so I had to do it manually.

https://imgur.com/qa2mGY4 This is what it looks like today, B&S doesnt quite have 6% more but its still stronger than Cyclone damage.

Regardless, this is meant more as a guideline, I always suggest to compare your own gear with potential upgrades in POB to see exactly wich one is better for you.

"
HELLERcz wrote:
I am done with gearing this char .. I will do challenge 38 this league ... another good league :)

ty for this build.
Glad you enjoyed it :)
Hello, I would like to ask a few questions.

1. Is the Overwhelm ascendancy really worth it in this case since Paradoxica already has 6.50 crit(which is pretty good) ? Wouldn't it be better to just take Endless Hunger instead ?

2. When fighting powerful bosses like Shaper and his Guardians, do you use blood or sand stance (for the blind from flesh and stone) ?

3. Does Paradoxica's double damage affect the Rage Support ? Is that the reason why we use it ? Im not the biggest fan of Rage, but if it does affect it, then I see why we would use it.

Thanks.
Last edited by spartancompany123 on Sep 28, 2019, 7:01:23 PM
Great build, will be pushing 40/40 this league using this build.

I did some slight modification to fit my playstyle.

I choose not to go -15 Mana on chest even though having zero mana cyclone is a great quality of life. Instead i go for Broon for the movement speed and massive dps increased.

For gem wise, i swap out Melee Physical Damage for Close Combat

To counteract the mana issues, you can oil your amulet with Lucidity (Give Increased Damage while channeling and -3 Mana total)

From here there 2 choices, some people may craft -3 Mana on both ring which effectively bring Cyclone to zero mana (On top of Luciditiy) or crafting Min Frenzy Charge.

Last edited by Eechye on Sep 28, 2019, 8:44:45 PM
hey @Eechye,
can you post your Pastbin for me?
Your Build looks rly interesting for me =)
But you dont use Rage in your Build, is your actual setup better then the "old" one?
"
Hello, I would like to ask a few questions.

1. Is the Overwhelm ascendancy really worth it in this case since Paradoxica already has 6.50 crit(which is pretty good) ? Wouldn't it be better to just take Endless Hunger instead ?

2. When fighting powerful bosses like Shaper and his Guardians, do you use blood or sand stance (for the blind from flesh and stone) ?

3. Does Paradoxica's double damage affect the Rage Support ? Is that the reason why we use it ? Im not the biggest fan of Rage, but if it does affect it, then I see why we would use it.

Thanks.

1. 1% base crit is still really strong for DPS in addition to the 10% crit multi per target nearby is very strong.

Endless Hunger is pretty bad because we are already stun immune from using Cyclone, bleed immune flask is easy to get and lastly the overkill leech still doesnt change our leech cap so its not doing anything.

2. Personally I always play in Sand Stance simply because the build has so much damage that it's better to play a bit safer. Feel free to experiment though, if you feel comfortable in Blood Stance then by all means.

3. Paradoxica affects everything in an attack based build. It calculates all of your damage the same way as a normal build would except it adds 1 final step in the calculation being "double damage".

As I stated in the guide, Rage Support is incredibly powerful for one handed builds simply because flat physical damage scales really well with one handed. It would be a top 3 gem even with rare foils.
Interested in the build but PoB only shows 25 AOE radius, is that a bug? Seems extremely low to me, but I am not that used to melee ranges.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info