[3.15] 1h Impale Cyclone Slayer. Cheap league starter and strong endgame farmer. No required items.

Hey guys, i know this build isn't tanky and can't face tank everything but, i'm kinda struggling with surviving i mean random 1 shots happens from time to time especially during harvest ( which i wanted to farm ). Sustaining when fighting bosses or fewer harder mobs is a problem for me too i thought life leech would keep me healthy all the time but getting full life from 0 takes a while just from leeching. We've got molten shell + enduring cry + life flask, but when they're on CD life leech isn't reliable. I finally was able to get hand on good paradoxica + saviour so my DPS is good enough to do maps. Build is cool, spin to win is fun, but there is many thing to watch for and i feel like total glass cannon even without getting 1 shot getting life to full isn't easy. Do you guys have any tips to get better survi / sustain?. By following guide there is only infused channeling left that gives some survi, but it wont be huge change right?
I know i just suck and you can simply say avoid stuff. But in some cluster shit storm it is seriously hard to see anything.
;p
I just got 30 % mana reservation on flesh / stone on helm, switched herald of purity for it.
Last edited by Krynsu on Aug 1, 2021, 12:22:04 PM
Lvl 90 here. This build does not work and yes, Harvest is unplayable.

Loocking for another build or quit league, idk still.
If you are looking for a way to be completely stun immune without giving up blade dancer or a suffix mod, phantasmal cyclone gives the last 20% chance to not be stunned while using the skill. You would have to sacrifice some AOE from regular cyclone but worth it IMO.
This is my first duelist, finding it slow going while levelling but guess that's 3.15 for you?

Can someone tell me what the recommended ascendancy is for slayer with the adjusted tree? The guide currently says: "Ascendancy order: Headsman-> Impact -> Brutal Fervour -> Endless Hunger" but Headsman and Bane of Legends have swapped places now.
With Elevated Mana cost Mod, we need anything more for stuns?
For example this Body Armour
Now that they slightly reverted mana multipliers, what do you guys think about using a -8 mana cost Praxis Ring + Infused channeling instead of Lifetap?
Praxis with -8 to mana cost can carry you well into yellow maps, so there's no need for lifetap on cyclone link.

The minus mana cost from Praxis is the only benefit though, besides from that it's a piece of junk ;-)

You could get two rings with "Channelling Skills have -4 to Total Mana Cost", these are not too expensive; and with those rings you don't need Body armor with 6L AND -15 mana, which can get rather pricey if you can't self-craft (yet) and want some decent life and atleast one elemental resist, i.e. https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Expedition/VYjqkMoFp

Because of "Channelling Skills...", this only affects cyclone, and no other skill, so depending on how tight you are with mana, it may be necessary to link Leap Slam with Lifetap.

Edit: typo
Last edited by Angrenost on Aug 11, 2021, 11:02:12 AM
"
joshdude wrote:
This is my first duelist, finding it slow going while levelling but guess that's 3.15 for you?

Can someone tell me what the recommended ascendancy is for slayer with the adjusted tree? The guide currently says: "Ascendancy order: Headsman-> Impact -> Brutal Fervour -> Endless Hunger" but Headsman and Bane of Legends have swapped places now.

See 2nd post from Eechye on page before this one. That seems to be the newest recommendation, and one which does make sense :-)

Short:

"
Eechye wrote:

If you do have this cluster jewel setup, go for Bane of Legends - Headsman - Overwhelm - Brutal Fervour

If you do not have the above cluster jewel setup, go for Bane of Legends - Headsman - Overwhelm - Impact

This does imply though that you need some other form of stun immunity, since you won't have Endless Hunger in that configuration.

I went with Unwavering Stance (three points investment from Barbarism on left side of tree) for now, and will later go with Unwavering Focus on medium clusters (twice) in combination with Phantasmal Cyclone (thx @ Rizukii for that tip!).
Last edited by Angrenost on Aug 11, 2021, 11:14:21 AM
I officially ended the leagues so won't be replying to any PM nor i will be in game.

For those that requested my POB, here you go.

https://pastebin.com/nqDYqMPa

Final Gears
Spoiler

All the challenges and boss conditional i did myself with exception to

1. Maven (Officially unable to kill Maven as of 3.15)
2. Breachlord and The Fear Invitation (Same reason as above)

Other than that all else still viable and melts bossess and map.

Good Luck to the rest of your league.

I be moving on to a new build next league.
Last edited by Eechye on Aug 11, 2021, 12:52:57 PM
Lv92 here, build does work, harvest is viable if you know what to pay attention to. Recommended.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info