[3.8] Ultra tanky Ball Lightning Guardian | CI 11-15k ES | 3-5m Shaper DPS

"
ApoCalipsEZA wrote:
Hey again Griz, can you post a pic of your bonuses from the brutal restraint? Or how many aura buff nodes are there? So far I can only get 1

I only have 1 aura, 1 proj dmg 1 ele dmg and 1 flask effectiveness. Nothing special

"
Lvl 75 here, build is really ramping up in strength and toughness, I like it.
Clear is meh, but you can't have everything.

Question, I don't think I'll go much higher than 90 with this build, what nodes would you take last on your lvl 99 tree ?

Probably jewel slots for rare jewels
Last edited by grizzly40 on Jul 20, 2019, 4:05:05 PM
Hi
Instead of the portal gem and increased duration, why not vaal righteous fire, and lightning golem?
ty for this build enjoy it a lot, i kill all guardian and uber elder easy with it at lvl 80 lol
"
aljuce661 wrote:
Hi
Instead of the portal gem and increased duration, why not vaal righteous fire, and lightning golem?
ty for this build enjoy it a lot, i kill all guardian and uber elder easy with it at lvl 80 lol

You can use them if you want, i like portal as i always run out of scrolls :p
I'm currently leveling and i wonder if determination is worth using ? Because you can switch it for either haste ( 8%ish dps increase for - 6% phys reduction ) or even with grace which boost our evade chance to 35% instead of 5% (so 30% evadechance vs 6% physical reduction). What are your opinion on this ?

Also i'm not familiar with crafting, so for the wand i was thinking if it's better to spam torment essence on a ilvl84+ shaper profane wand or is it better to use fossils ? Maybe alt+regal then multimod ? (the last method seems expensive when you compare with already crafted wand on the market).

thanks for your answers and time.
"
Chaipak wrote:
I'm currently leveling and i wonder if determination is worth using ? Because you can switch it for either haste ( 8%ish dps increase for - 6% phys reduction ) or even with grace which boost our evade chance to 35% instead of 5% (so 30% evadechance vs 6% physical reduction). What are your opinion on this ?

Also i'm not familiar with crafting, so for the wand i was thinking if it's better to spam torment essence on a ilvl84+ shaper profane wand or is it better to use fossils ? Maybe alt+regal then multimod ? (the last method seems expensive when you compare with already crafted wand on the market).

thanks for your answers and time.

You can swap determination, but you will lose majority of your phys dmg reduction and huge amounts of shield from molten shell

Personally i was just crafting with essences
Quick question,
the dps show in poe is per ball right? so if you got 3balls it's 294k x3 right?
if so, why not using BELTIMBER (122dext) but when you use a movement skill (flame dash) you earn 2extra balls. that mean ALL the time you got 3balls instead of 1. 5balls with dying sun, isnt it better than just one balls?

one balls: 294kdps or
three: 211kdps

Let me know ty :)
"
aljuce661 wrote:
Quick question,
the dps show in poe is per ball right? so if you got 3balls it's 294k x3 right?
if so, why not using BELTIMBER (122dext) but when you use a movement skill (flame dash) you earn 2extra balls. that mean ALL the time you got 3balls instead of 1. 5balls with dying sun, isnt it better than just one balls?

one balls: 294kdps or
three: 211kdps

Let me know ty :)

Read PoB section for dps. And no, extra balls are just for aoe
Tanky? Yes. Any good? No. Too slow. Ball lightning sucks. Is there any other skill that could be used instead? Could we make a bow / elemental hit derivative of this build without sacrificing too much?
"
Kadamose wrote:
Tanky? Yes. Any good? No. Too slow. Ball lightning sucks. Is there any other skill that could be used instead? Could we make a bow / elemental hit derivative of this build without sacrificing too much?

I don't know, i don't have any more projects right now. Probably something could be done. Also if it's too slow for you, you can use haste instead of determination. I wouldn't say it's slow though, not at all
"
grizzly40 wrote:
"
Kadamose wrote:

I don't know, i don't have any more projects right now. Probably something could be done. Also if it's too slow for you, you can use haste instead of determination. I wouldn't say it's slow though, not at all

I believe the whole "it's slow" is always going to be a perspective for some. I mean when you compare this to tornado shot or cyclone, yeah it's very slow comparitavley. However I think this is more a problem with the game and not the build. If they want to embrace the "must go fast" they should really make all skills have the ability to go fast.

I love how tanky this is and I'm always looking at ways to improve that. This build is also not great for party play especially if they have a fast build. You'll just be eating their dust. Overall though I enjoy it as it is something different than what I normally play.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info