[3.8] Ultra tanky Ball Lightning Guardian | CI 11-15k ES | 3-5m Shaper DPS

"
Namcap wrote:
How useful is increasing AoE for ball lightning? Wanna roll a Hierophant for 125% increased AoE and the build/items are very similar to this one to convert mana into ES (just less tanky). Could that make a big difference on single target damage with what I assume is a lot more zaps per balls?

Yes, increasing aoe will improve your single target dps.
yo. been playing this build for a week now, and my thanks to you grizzly.. this is a fine build!
i've also been reading the posts about too slow, and such - maybe this aint zoomzoom, but this build kind of reminds of the hammerdin back in diablo2, same playstyle, same allround abilities. this is the guy you pick when something is tuff and still needs good damage.
also with the good old hammerdin playstyle habits in my fingers: teleport/kill -> repeat, it's quick enough (atleast for my taste)

i have some questions/ thoughts that i'd like to bring up:

- the last 2 ascendancy points: why not go bastion of hope? - we get maxblock 2 out of 5 seconds and spellblock here, and aswell we boost our damage in synergy with arcane swiftness.
unwavering faith is the logic choice, because we utilize more auras than most builds, but i really think it's one damn weak ascendancy.
7-8 phys reduction + 1.4-1.6 life regen(200es/s for me) - my question is: our life regen sucks anyway, and that's ok because we regenerate 30% of our es every 5 seconds- the phys reduction- we could even get that from the pantheon(which im doing), is there something i'm missing? whath would make it better than bastion of hope?

-gearwise: binerots whalers man! giving us a really nice dps boost, and for standard, they have 190es in legacy version.

and again this area of effect question: is there anyway calculating if and how increaed area of effect boosts our damage? - i for one exchanged the amplify cluster for the righteous decree one (+800es for me)

cheer

My Take on Guardian Ball Lightning, CoC Setup tho. 12k ES LowLife 30+ millions Shaper DPS. you can run that setup with less crazy gear.

https://pastebin.com/MkUYimfj
"
NomadFX wrote:
My Take on Guardian Ball Lightning, CoC Setup tho. 12k ES LowLife 30+ millions Shaper DPS. you can run that setup with less crazy gear.

https://pastebin.com/MkUYimfj

How do you calculate dps on this?

Interesting, but i like how tanky this version is with high armour + molten shell combo :p
"
bustart wrote:
yo. been playing this build for a week now, and my thanks to you grizzly.. this is a fine build!
i've also been reading the posts about too slow, and such - maybe this aint zoomzoom, but this build kind of reminds of the hammerdin back in diablo2, same playstyle, same allround abilities. this is the guy you pick when something is tuff and still needs good damage.
also with the good old hammerdin playstyle habits in my fingers: teleport/kill -> repeat, it's quick enough (atleast for my taste)

i have some questions/ thoughts that i'd like to bring up:

- the last 2 ascendancy points: why not go bastion of hope? - we get maxblock 2 out of 5 seconds and spellblock here, and aswell we boost our damage in synergy with arcane swiftness.
unwavering faith is the logic choice, because we utilize more auras than most builds, but i really think it's one damn weak ascendancy.
7-8 phys reduction + 1.4-1.6 life regen(200es/s for me) - my question is: our life regen sucks anyway, and that's ok because we regenerate 30% of our es every 5 seconds- the phys reduction- we could even get that from the pantheon(which im doing), is there something i'm missing? whath would make it better than bastion of hope?

-gearwise: binerots whalers man! giving us a really nice dps boost, and for standard, they have 190es in legacy version.

and again this area of effect question: is there anyway calculating if and how increaed area of effect boosts our damage? - i for one exchanged the amplify cluster for the righteous decree one (+800es for me)

cheer

1. You can use bastion of hope as well, yes. You are also going to lose 5% increased effect of auras though.
2. Currently we have stuff like tailwind boots, which are going to be much stronger
3. You can't really, because it depends on many factors, size of the enemies, if they move, etc.
Your builds are awesome Grizzly. My best chars are this build and your howa build. Thank you!

Your build is very good as is but I made a little change and basically switched out 2 gems in chest for cast while channelling and cyclone (and weapon to doryani's catalyst because of cyclone requirement). I like to play in groups and I found it easier to keep up with this change and surprisingly my dps feels like it is almost if not as good as playing the build traditionally. I like the flow of cast while channelling cyclone where u don't have to stop and cast a spell. Cast while channelling with cyclone doesn't seem that popular compared to cast on crit. I was thinking of trying cast on crit too for more dmg but I may lose some ES/toughness if I switched the tree to that?

What do you think of playing the build as cast while channelling or cast on crit and is there any way to optimize it more especially with cast while channelling?
Last edited by Guliath27 on Feb 29, 2020, 12:27:28 PM
"
Guliath27 wrote:
Your builds are awesome Grizzly. My best chars are this build and your howa build. Thank you!

Your build is very good as is but I made a little change and basically switched out 2 gems in chest for cast while channelling and cyclone (and weapon to doryani's catalyst because of cyclone requirement). I like to play in groups and I found it easier to keep up with this change and surprisingly my dps feels like it is almost if not as good as playing the build traditionally. I like the flow of cast while channelling cyclone where u don't have to stop and cast a spell. Cast while channelling with cyclone doesn't seem that popular compared to cast on crit. I was thinking of trying cast on crit too for more dmg but I may lose some ES/toughness if I switched the tree to that?

What do you think of playing the build as cast while channelling or cast on crit and is there any way to optimize it more especially with cast while channelling?

Thanks a lot!

Definitely cast while channeling is a good idea if it fits your playstyle more, i'd get rid of as much cast speed as possible if i went for that route, since you don't really need it. Also make sure you have enough attack speed.
Hey grizzly, just wondering how you think the guardian nerfs will impact this build? I did it last league as my first ever guardian build and I loved it. Seems like we lose a little tankiness but overall should be fine.
"
baboose wrote:
Hey grizzly, just wondering how you think the guardian nerfs will impact this build? I did it last league as my first ever guardian build and I loved it. Seems like we lose a little tankiness but overall should be fine.

It doesn't matter, still close to unkillable with decent gear.
Awesome, I figured. Saving up to respec into this. Can't wait.

Thanks for the great guide!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info