[Outdated] Ultimate EDTrickster [2M dps - UNKILLABLE]

We got buffed damage vise...

Awakened Swift Affliction Support
Modified
New: Supported Skills deal 49% more Damage over Time
Old: Supported Skills deal 44% more Damage over Time

Awakened Void Manipulation Support
Added
+1 to Level of Supported Chaos Skill Gems (NICE)

The question that remains is, will the defense nerfs be too much - i will find out i guess xD
Last edited by Chumber on Oct 21, 2021, 8:04:16 AM
Well, I ran a T16 Vaal Temple with adjusted passive tree yesterday and can say that it feels terrible. Got around 65% evasion which I could bump to about 75-80 according to POB, and about 45% spell dodge but it feels like every fking thing hits me. No elusive, no Wind dancer sucks. I'm actually afraid to channel blight now on bosses. Sooo yeah, my first and last build in poe, loved it since it wasn't a lot of dmg but I could be sure that I'm quite tanky, hence I've chosen it, but they took it all away. And I'm pretty sure we won't be able to get some tens of millions of dmg that upfront dmg builds have, that oneshot everything, because we're a dot build and because there is a low ceiling to possible highest dmg on ED as I think, but now it's neither the dmg nor the tankiness is good.
"
Bethrezhen wrote:
Well, I ran a T16 Vaal Temple with adjusted passive tree yesterday and can say that it feels terrible. Got around 65% evasion which I could bump to about 75-80 according to POB, and about 45% spell dodge but it feels like every fking thing hits me. No elusive, no Wind dancer sucks. I'm actually afraid to channel blight now on bosses. Sooo yeah, my first and last build in poe, loved it since it wasn't a lot of dmg but I could be sure that I'm quite tanky, hence I've chosen it, but they took it all away. And I'm pretty sure we won't be able to get some tens of millions of dmg that upfront dmg builds have, that oneshot everything, because we're a dot build and because there is a low ceiling to possible highest dmg on ED as I think, but now it's neither the dmg nor the tankiness is good.

I am trying the story right now, it seems like flicker strike always hits you (bug?) i am struggling with stun immunity and generally dying ALOT and i haven't even reached maps yet -.-

Since everything is % evasion it should get better once i get Hyrries...hopefully.
As I see, it was mentioned on some build, maybe even here, can't remember for sure, is that for a great defence you need several layers of it to make it work good and feel good. 80 or perhaps even 90% evasion (which is probably kinda tough to get) may seem like a lot, but on practice it probably isn't. Again I'm not that knowlegeable in POE but this is what I've read around different tanky builds.

Just saw another of Ziz's vids on ED/C for this league and looked at the POB, he does have a good amount of EHP as it seems, but POB shows 556k dot dps with ED, which is twice less than I had while attempting the Hidden on std before this league and I'm not sure one can survive long enough even with those defences, until he can kill tough bosses like invites/Sirus/etc with 550k dot dmg, like srsly. Although he tends to give guidance on the gear, as it's not fully optimised as it seems, so there may be ways to improve it. Still, it feels like GGG is gradually hitting defences overall, they promised new defence layers/ways to get defences, but I don't see them, spell suppression came instead of both spell and attack dodge so we're technically at net negative of defences layers. Did I miss some new defence mechanic? Oh and fortify got changed, people are saying it's only good for melee now or champion. This way, builds that are tanky and don't do too much dmg suffer, imo, since their dmg didn't get increased substantially to balance the tankiness dip.
Last edited by Bethrezhen on Oct 24, 2021, 6:02:28 AM
Today saw a post on steam from GGG about what they are working on, among other things -

"Quivers now have additional tiers of Damage Over Time Multiplier. In order to be consistent with other item slots, bows now use one-hand Damage Over Time Multiplier values."

So we get more increased chaos dmg over time % from influence mods if I recall correctly starting this league (which is cool, ok great, although that's INCREASED chaos dmg, and not dmg over time MULTI which is hard to get AND it gives more damage because of this scarcity), can't remember how much more, but looking at them on poedb right now it feels they were increased pretty good, BUT, but but but, now we get a step BACK on that, and get our standard bow dmg over time mod friggin nerfed by about 41% it seems, while this mod from a quiver is still USELESS to us, non-attack chaos skill users. Honestly this is bullshit, I can't even understand this change from a logical standpoint, like you're now firing a bow with one hand? Ok GGG, I got it, we need to start using "appropriate" weapons for our MAGIC builds, like WANDS or STAVES or what?...Gosh this is really annoying.
Last edited by Bethrezhen on Oct 28, 2021, 4:14:15 AM
It looks like you need spell suppression now to compensate for the lack of spell dodge which is kinda annoying, more points lost...i've also put points into stun immunity, i might be able to refund those tho once i got the cluster with Unwaveringly Evil.

The "+100% Evasion on Chest" Mastery goes along nicely with Escape Arist, boostet my ES by 1100 but i cant really afford 4 more points to get MoM -.-

It starts to feel halfway decent now surviveability wise, dmg is getting okayish aswell, just got my Empower 4 and that bumped me over 500k.

I am using Grace tho and not Petrified Blood + Pain Attunement, gotta check if i can switch those 2 later on...and i have to switch the large cluster, the mana dmg boost is basicly non existant xD

But overall, its still working...i am pretty sure you can get a way stronger char if you go meta with the ~25 ex i've invested so far tho :D

Current PoB
https://pastebin.com/MaZqfaWd
Last edited by Chumber on Nov 2, 2021, 5:46:17 AM
Well, I'm not saying the build is totally dead like the aura stacker, but it feels quite a lot worse than it was to me. I used to run into packs of mobs without fear of dieing since I was tanky enough, used to facetank almost every map boss, I wasn't dieing to random one-shots and whatnot. And was totally ok with having sub-par single-targer damage compared to a lot of other builds. But now I have to play a lot more safe, having the same damage (and I chose this build to have a tanky character in the first place), and this feels bad. That's just my opinion of course.
Last edited by Bethrezhen on Nov 2, 2021, 2:50:56 PM
Dps and clear doesn't matter if you're dead. RIP
"
Bethrezhen wrote:
Well, I'm not saying the build is totally dead like the aura stacker, but it feels quite a lot worse than it was to me. I used to run into packs of mobs without fear of dieing since I was tanky enough, used to facetank almost every map boss, I wasn't dieing to random one-shots and whatnot. And was totally ok with having sub-par single-targer damage compared to a lot of other builds. But now I have to play a lot more safe, having the same damage (and I chose this build to have a tanky character in the first place), and this feels bad. That's just my opinion of course.

I died 246 times so far, roughly 60 in the campaign alone xD you definately die more than before, especially spell dodge is sorely missed and you get totally wrecked without spell suppression.

Plus when you enter the scourge you really really REALLY have to hit the cont+ed which takes roughly as long as the stun lasts or you are gone - it is pure fun to see the whole screen (and more) pop while running circles if you hit tho :D
I must sadly come to the conclusion that this build got destryoed...the evade just isn't stable, you take alot more dmg, spell casters screw you hard - it was working while the defence wasn't changed, damage just went down a bit but was still okay but with the recent changes i just keep getting one shotted way to often, i can usually reach level 96-97 kinda stable with 1-2 deaths per level if i don't do Sirus but that doesn't work anymore :(
Last edited by Chumber on Nov 16, 2021, 2:05:25 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info