[Outdated] Ultimate EDTrickster [2M dps - UNKILLABLE]

"
Prolix wrote:
Thanks for the guide. I've been reading through ED/C builds for awhile now, and I think this one looks pretty great.

I wanted to refer to the 3ex, 10ex, and endgame item sets side by side, so I made a single PoB that contains all three of them. Under the "Items" section of PoB, I can just flip between three different Item Sets now, instead of having to navigate between three different builds.

I also compiled the three passive skill trees (111, 116, and 120 points).

Here is a pastebin import code for that PoB: https://pastebin.com/zShV8UMd

Figured I would share this compilation in case others want to see all three imports at once as well. I put a link to this thread in the "Notes" section and tried to make it clear that it's all Darkxellmc's work, and I just made a combination PoB out of the 3 provided in the OP. Hopefully that's alright. Or if Dark actually likes this idea and wants to run with it, feel free to do so.

Thanks! I integrated that to the guide, thank you! To be honnest there's not much from me in this guide, it's more of a compilation of all other guides out there. The tree is very similar to ghazzy's one, he had the best one.

I wrote this guide because most other guides have poor choices inside:
■ Using a shield. Unless you're only farming monoliths (in this case amplifier is great for aoe), not using a bow is just straight up wrong.
■ "Investing" in dodge. And complaining because you have 40% from accro and you're getting oneshot from legion shotguns. Investment in dodge is not only taking 4 nodes on the tree. get 75%.
■ Perfect form. That's the biggest noobtrap of them all. Hyrri's ire is far far superior.
■ Not going EB MoM. We are playing a dodge build. Getting 7-8k ehp is really important, I don't get why other build run around with 5k ehp. You're bound to getting oneshot.
■ Going lowlife. I haven't looked much, but I'm yet to find a good ED LL trickster build. LL doesn't make sense at all with the ascendancy because shavs has no Eva and little ES. While it's better damage and probably the best endgame setup, it will be incredibly expensive to even beat the 10ex setup.

Anyways. Enough rambling. I beat an aul with frenzy-pen-extrafire-2manHP first try, meanwhile I get called from other people following shitty guides who can't beat shaper. I won't complain, that's more fun for me I guess ^^... But if you want a good build, this is the way to build Non LL ED tricksters.

Have fun ^^
Damn, I could go on forever on bad choices other builds make...
Here's a few more:

■ Blight totems. These are awful. You loose a jewel socket, they have shit range, their hinder effect is worse and they usually inflict less wither stacks due to bad gem setups. Don't use that trash. Use wither instead. And don't tell me about the "added dps" they deal, and go actually check the number in PoB, see how negligible it is.
■ Devouring diadem. Did you eve read what trickster ascendancy does? And we're pathing to EB anyways, the AoE cluster next to it is way too broken to not take.
■ Saying Hyrri's ire is shit. Then failing to reach 75% dodge. But still advertising as "full dodge build". Don't do that, you'll die. 100%.
■ Atziri's step. These boots completely suck. You can get a straight upgrade from the temple for <1c. Why are people still wearing these?
Hi!

Been searching for a build I want to try for a while and I think I'll try yours. Never played with a Chaos Skill or Trickster before so this'll be something new for me.
Just one question: Are there any Unique Weapons you'd recommend during leveling aside from Lifesprig in the beginning? Or is it just "use the best rare you find" and go until you can use Cane/Bow?
What would be an affordable way to get good dodge boots? I'm on ps4 so will have to craft myself.

Start with elder base and spam alts or fossil craft? Then multimod obviously I guess
"
Darkxellmc wrote:
■ Going lowlife. I haven't looked much, but I'm yet to find a good ED LL trickster build. LL doesn't make sense at all with the ascendancy because shavs has no Eva and little ES. While it's better damage and probably the best endgame setup, it will be incredibly expensive to even beat the 10ex setup.

[...]

Have fun ^^

Thank you; I intend to have fun =) I league started ED/C based on Ghazzy's, but got torn away from the game after the first weekend. After a break to lvl a Flicker Slayer this weekend too, I wanted to dust off the Trickster for mapping and monolithing, and figured I would sweep the forums for the best take on the build.

So yeah, I'm at maps with ~100c net worth, 3k HP, no fourth ascendancy, ED still 3L in a wand, etc. (Didn't buy a Tabula until I lvl'd the Slayer just now, heh.) But if I get some playtime in, I will attempt to mold my character into this guide's form.

Just thought I'd comment one more time to mention an ED/C LL guide that may be coming soon and might be alright. DeadlyPrawn has an old life-based guide here: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2191373/, including an endgame transition to Indigon. Checking the replies, you'll see that the Indigon variant is dead since that item was changed, and DeadlyPrawn is running low life this league.

You can just import their character into PoB if you want to see what they're up to. Account name: DeadlyPrawn, character name: Backatitagainspaceaids

Thought I'd share because their setup looks pretty solid. Maybe you've seen a dozen LL variants just like it though. At least DeadlyPrawn is doing some things you'd agree with -- like Wither totems instead of Blight, etc. Dunno that the DPS compares well to your build though, since the second 6L isn't used for Soulrend or the like. Maybe it could be changed.

Anyway, I'll try to keep the discussion focused on YOUR build now -- didn't mean to distract from it at all :-) Just wanted to share the other one in case you were actively looking at LL examples.
"
Prolix wrote:

Just thought I'd comment one more time to mention an ED/C LL guide that may be coming soon and might be alright. DeadlyPrawn has an old life-based guide here: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2191373/, including an endgame transition to Indigon. Checking the replies, you'll see that the Indigon variant is dead since that item was changed, and DeadlyPrawn is running low life this league.

You can just import their character into PoB if you want to see what they're up to. Account name: DeadlyPrawn, character name: Backatitagainspaceaids

[...]

Welp, his setup looks like a vary classic lowlife spellcaster. He's full in damage, scaling minion dmg as well, that's neat ^^

While the damage is 25-30% higher, I don't think it's worth it because of how squishy it is. Personal preference I guess ^^
"
deadhollow415 wrote:
What would be an affordable way to get good dodge boots? I'm on ps4 so will have to craft myself.

Start with elder base and spam alts or fossil craft? Then multimod obviously I guess

The dodge/movement speed roll is a single affix that apperas on boots from the temple of atzoatl.
A good way to obtain these is to "just farm legions". It'll be really tough to find a good pair in ps4 because of how the auction works there, sorry :(

What I was looking for are boots that had t1 life and 30%ms/10+% dodge. I don't think you can expect to find ones like this in Ps4. that's a shame, they are 1-2c in pc legion ><
"
DarkwingLuck wrote:
Hi!

Been searching for a build I want to try for a while and I think I'll try yours. Never played with a Chaos Skill or Trickster before so this'll be something new for me.
Just one question: Are there any Unique Weapons you'd recommend during leveling aside from Lifesprig in the beginning? Or is it just "use the best rare you find" and go until you can use Cane/Bow?

Lifesprig is good till you get a cane, basically. weapons don't matter that much for spell levelling, even less DOT spells. If you are lacking damage, get a tabula. a 5L cane is your next upgrade.
Hello. Gonna try this build today.
Bored with all the builds i did in this first month of Legion.
This gonna be my last , if dont work well i'll quit xD
hahah
"
Darkxellmc wrote:
"
IchiMorghulis wrote:
Could you explain further your choice of the Green Nightmare Jewel, while I see the value of it, it looks like something you spec into as your last few points. Also, judging from your pictures, your lethal pride jewel appears to only be giving you extra strength, 4% life and some armour, am I missing something here?

Yes, that's indeed something I grabbed very late, around 94-95. It is pretty expensive in terms of passive points (costing 5 points total), but I think it is worth it.

Frenzies are a great damage and mapping speed boost for the build. I originally had them on my jewelry, but I prefer having 3 permanent endurances for the tankiness it provides. Green nightmare is a good solution to generate frenzies, as other ways are impractical.

Green nightmare also conveniently puts us at 70% base dodge, which means we get capped (75%) from our pantheon. Without it, you need your quartz flask to be up all the time. Even tho we have 3 uses of quartz flasks, it isn't reliable enough for my liking.

I'm glad I came across your guide. I have gone thru many variations from being tanky like yours to a more glass cannonish build in order to find more firepower for a run at a five way emblem.

I agree with you that some of the gear choices I see others used is just not ideal. I used The Perfect Form for all of three maps before going back to my trusty Hyrri's Ire. The Vertex is unique that I haven't tried yet, and I really like your idea of slotting in a Green Nightmare. On my previous tree, I path down toward the Scion life wheel and the perfect socket for that jewel is the socket above Sentinel. I just couldn't manage the extra points while taking MOM, EB, and Arcane Expanse.

I'm trying out your tree now. Sadly I may have to give up the idea of powering thru a 5 way emblem. Thanks for posting your thoughts, this is the guide that new ED players should be reading.

Edit: After specing into your tree, I see why you use a Lethal Pride jewel. An elegant solution, in my case I gained 40 fire resist which allows me to keep my Mark of the Shaper and Bisco, I also got 1% life regen and 5% strength.
Last edited by IchiMorghulis on Jul 8, 2019, 12:10:38 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info