[Outdated] Ultimate EDTrickster [2M dps - UNKILLABLE]

"
Chumber wrote:
can this build switch to CI?

And if so, what does it take? And is it really better? :D I guess you have to switch to Shavrons right?

So to break down the biggest differences:
If you go shavs, you go low life, this means you can put more auras into the build (on your life) and you can proc arcane surge as you're using mana, but no regen maps will be really bad (even though you probably don't wanna do them as ED regen is lost).

Typical shavs options are either prism guardian shield for more auras (arrogance has ~200% reservation multiplier, prism guardian has no penalty), or go with bow which is best for dps (double 6-link for blight) but you will be very squishy (forget dodge / evasion, and you're not chaos immune). It's a high damage low defense option.

If you go CI, you can craft high ES or ES/EVA chest, and you're chaos immune (if you get phys taken as chaos on chest it's an extra defensive mod). High damage option is getting pain attunement, coward's legacy (to enable low life even though you're full life) and atziri's reflection shield (to nullify the curse from coward's legacy). These items are fairly expensive because they're good for forbidden rite totems and few other spell builds which want to enable lowlife without committing to shavs (for example using shadowstitch / skin of the loyal for extra gem levels on chest).

If you go all the way with shadowstitch / skin of the loyal or crafted chest with +1 to socketed gems, it's gonna be high damage (you lose extra auras in comparison to shavs setup but you're chaos immune AND have more gem levels on your main link), but you won't have that much tankyness due to lack of evasion / dodge and losing stats from the chest / shield. You can reach higher ES numbers though.

Finally, THE tank setup, this is less damage due to lack of second 6-link and lack of pain attunement: you go CI, high ES chest, zealot's oath and very important, you'll see it everywhere in that setup on poe.ninja, shield with "regain 5% energy shield when you block". Might need glancing blows to push your block chance really high. This makes up for lack of evasion / dodge because you regen like crazy, just don't run maps "chance to block is unlucky".

Using wand / shield common strategy is to craft gloves with essence for "30% more damage with socketed gems" and put a blight 4-link there, extra luxury is to also aisling craft those gloves for +2 to socketed aoe gems (might be lots of rng).

There's some leeway here, I think all of those options are viable but some are more expensive than others or harder to craft gear for.

The "recover on block" path might be the way to go if you want to be really tanky because after flasks nerfs getting really high evasion consistently is fairly hard.

It's also easier to get higher ES by slotting small clusters with "energy from naught".

If you want to pump max dps, go shavs with prism guardian or CI with coward's legacy / atziri's shield.
Once again thanks for the superb explanation.
I will stay the way i am, i love my defense and i don't want to trade it for more damage - i tried that with an Occultist ED last league and it was horrible xD

So it's down to grinding challenges now :)
I've tried something new this league and added a large cluster jewel, i kept true to the spirit of the build and i must say, it is working nicely!

https://pastebin.com/Vzsg0vxV

I had to sacrifice some extra life nodes, i am stuck with Devouring Diadem since i cant skill into Eldricht and i cant use aspect of the spider since i got no points for charisma BUT the large cluster gives you more damage boost anyway :D
Seems like nobody enjoyed this build - im done - 40 challenges, league wasn't as bad as i thought :D

Build

There are only 4 ED Blight on poe.ninja lol 2 Trickster, 2 Occultist, I am the only one running this build.

Thanks again @Darkxellmc for creating this buld and @Viktranka for all the answers!
Last edited by Chumber on Sep 24, 2021, 5:33:29 AM
Grats on 40/40 @Chumber!
Lots of dodge / evasion changes in 3.16 - not sure if it will make us stronger or destory the build tho - any thoughts?
heavy changes inc: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3185101
"
Chumber wrote:
Lots of dodge / evasion changes in 3.16 - not sure if it will make us stronger or destory the build tho - any thoughts?
Really have to see full scope of changes first, for example what does trickster get after ghost shrouds are a keystone on the normal tree.
riiiiiiiiiiip
"Added a new notable, which replaces Ghost Dance, that provides "Every 10 seconds, take no Damage over Time for 5 seconds.""

Final nail in the coffin?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info