[Outdated] Ultimate EDTrickster [2M dps - UNKILLABLE]

I’ve been playing this build/guide for quite a while now. It’s really good – the guide answers pretty much all the questions even a noob like me has, if I read it carefully. I’m now level 83 with a 5L cane, Kintsugi and Vertex and the gems levelling up to 18/19. Only in Tier 3 maps but it’s quite easy since I got Kintsugi.

In the spirit of improving the guide even further, a couple of things (minor points really):

A. One thing that was inconsistent in the guide is that the Levelling section suggests getting the Vertex helm first but the upgrade path flowchart says to get it quite a bit later.

B. I got the cluster jewels before the 6L cane / bows because I could get them for 5c each. The other upgrades seem much more expensive. Is there a reason to get the jewels late?

I do have some questions now, if you have time:

1. To run 3rd aura Flesh & Stone takes it over 100% of mana (50% 35% and 25%) so I took the 4 extra nodes to Charisma. Is there a better way? The 4-point cost is making it harder to get the Passive tree filled out properly. Or should I just buy a belt with “aspect of the spider” and stop running that aura? If so, what red gem is worth putting in that slot instead of F&S?

2. Where do I capture the beasts for the Pantheon (immune to poison etc)? Do I have to wait for them to show up in maps (so run Einhar missions?) or is there a better way to make them appear?

3. Under what circumstances would I use CWDT setup instead of Blight in armour? If I drop both Bane & Blight it means ED/Contagion only source of damage.

4. What skills are you using in the Simulacrum video? I don’t see a purple ring from Contagion/ED being cast (or any Blight graphic either). But since you’re always swamped with enemies I’m guessing it’s Blight all the time, but it just can’t be seen because of the density?

Overall – great guide. Covers all the bases so that even a noob like me can get to end game without asking anything. Good job.
Could somebody highlight the difference between this build and the ones from Furty or Havoc, ED Trickster, I have a hard time deciding witch one to follow and would suit me best. I'm pretty new to the game so I'm quite overwhelm by the quantity of informations to digest :)
OK so I finally reached level 94 which allowed me to place 4rd jewel in the tree. The tree itself looks like below.

I also managed to get pretty strong gear after a month of farming exalts and more than a week spent on poe trade (gosh, never again):

Flasks as described by the author:

For the record, current attached gems are both cluster jewels + the green nightmare + transcendent mind.

By the way, it looks like I would need level 100 to place the other 4 jewels, unless my passive skill tree is not correct (thus it's copied from author's pastebin).

Summing that all up, PoB calculates my ED damage at 790k. Which is pretty amazing, but I also feel like I can do much more with my current gear.

The question is: did I made any mistakes so far and where I can improve to go over 1M dps with ED?

My body armour socket's are not yet filled up b/c I feel like I don't really need Blight, and for CwdT I probably will try to roll the colours up tomorrow. Unless there is any better idea to use this space.

For the auras, I keep Malevolence + Flesh and Stone + Discipline (not Vaal Discipline, as it doesn't seem that helpful overall, am I right here?) always up - not sure if missing anything else (with no mana left ;)).

Thanks!
Last edited by Pogro on Apr 24, 2020, 11:50:53 AM
@Pogro your bow is IMPRESSIVE!
Did you fossil crafted it?
I guess that something like that on poe trade could be priced at 100 ex with no problems!
"
cellune wrote:
hey guys my gear is this what i miss for more dodge raiting iam 60% spells 50% attacks.. any help plz :)
Did you count quartz flask and dodge from green nightmare / freedom of movement / no witnesses (if you have it).

"
One thing that was inconsistent in the guide is that the Levelling section suggests getting the Vertex helm first but the upgrade path flowchart says to get it quite a bit later.
I imagine it's due to popularity / price change of it, last league I bought vertex in week 2 for 15c, this league it started at 2ex.

If meta shifts back for it to be budget item, buy it early. If it costs 2ex wait until it drops...

"
I got the cluster jewels before the 6L cane / bows because I could get them for 5c each. The other upgrades seem much more expensive. Is there a reason to get the jewels late?
Again, prices and the fact you can mostly fill passives from the tree "for free", we don't know how it's gonna go next league, but when the jewels were introduced, good ones cost a lot at start but everything became less pricey now, jewel that was 3ex start of this league I could buy for 60-80c now etc.

"
To run 3rd aura Flesh & Stone takes it over 100% of mana (50% 35% and 25%) so I took the 4 extra nodes to Charisma. Is there a better way?
Buy a cheap rank 3 enlighten, that should solve it.

"
Where do I capture the beasts for the Pantheon (immune to poison etc)? Do I have to wait for them to show up in maps (so run Einhar missions?) or is there a better way to make them appear?
They're bosses of pre defined maps. For example for poison you need to buy Desert springs map and you need Divine vessel item slotted with the map when you start it, then kill the boss of that map. Afterwards you take the charged up divine vessel out of map device and bring it to sin in the epilogue town.

You can search on the atlas but due to atlas rework half the maps are hidden unless you put watchstones in the section so the searching became much worse. You can just google / wiki which maps you need because the in game search became so bad.

Hey, thanks for this amazing guide!
First league I reached that high level (95 atm). Also I learned a lot about crafting thanks to these detailed information!

Following your flow charts, I should really get new rings with endurance charges (still not unveiled...).
Maybe some more recommendations about my current gear?

About the ring upgrades: I have one prepared for potential use/crafting.

I'm just afraid I mess up my resistances. Maybe some ideas how to fix it? Or should I just look for better crafting bases (two-stone)?
"
Evenea wrote:
Could somebody highlight the difference between this build and the ones from Furty or Havoc, ED Trickster, I have a hard time deciding witch one to follow and would suit me best.
I think there's a section in the guide at start describing the difference between different playstyles.

Havoc's guide from what I see is lowlife ES with Shavs. This one is life based with EB+MOM. I don't know the Furty's guide, but generally most differences you'll see are:
life or CI or lowlife
bow or shield (the second more popular in ES builds because you can build ES gain on block)

Afaik the shield ones are more tanky but less damage than bow.

Lowlife with bow can have more damage (thanks to pain attunement) but less defenses (you can't build much dodge or evasion when you invest in energy shield).
Last edited by Viktranka on Apr 24, 2020, 1:01:02 PM
"
Pogro wrote:
OK so I finally reached level 94 which allowed me to place 4rd jewel in the tree. The tree itself looks like below.

I also managed to get pretty strong gear after a month of farming exalts and more than a week spent on poe trade (gosh, never again):

Flasks as described by the author:

For the record, current attached gems are both cluster jewels + the green nightmare + transcendent mind.

By the way, it looks like I would need level 100 to place the other 4 jewels, unless my passive skill tree is not correct (thus it's copied from author's pastebin).

Summing that all up, PoB calculates my ED damage at 790k. Which is pretty amazing, but I also feel like I can do much more with my current gear.

The question is: did I made any mistakes so far and where I can improve to go over 1M dps with ED?

My body armour socket's are not yet filled up b/c I feel like I don't really need Blight, and for CwdT I probably will try to roll the colours up tomorrow. Unless there is any better idea to use this space.

For the auras, I keep Malevolence + Flesh and Stone + Discipline (not Vaal Discipline, as it doesn't seem that helpful overall, am I right here?) always up - not sure if missing anything else (with no mana left ;)).

Thanks!

Drop soul strike, get a + life + double DoT quiver, get a malevolence DoT watchers eye, get 2x large cluster jewels (8 socket) + 4 medium cluster jewels (4 or 5 socket), in the medium jewels, socket solid +DPS + life normal jewels in 2 of the 4 mediums. In other two have your watchers eye + your No Witnesses small. Catalysts on all jewelry - definitely wouldnt use the + attributes catalyst on amulet as its doing nothing. Would go with a +life catalyst. Your topaz ring is 'ok' but with the level of your other gear Im sure you could get something better. Blessed orb your amulet for +16 to all stats (lol).

edit: cant tell if you have an open affix on your hubris. If its a suffix, could craft aspect of the spider on it. If its a prefix might as well just exalt slam it and pray to RNG gods for something good ha.
Last edited by arelil on Apr 24, 2020, 2:07:49 PM
Doesnt matter what build you try in this game. Instant death twice in a row from unknown source. Same with every build.
My gear after completing second "What do I upgrade next?" graph.

I have got 4.9k hp, 2.3k es, 530k tooltip DOT dps of ED. Total investment was easly around 30ex or more.

I agree with most of advices given in in "What do i upgrade next" graphs - those should be followed by people who play with this build.

It's not THAT tanky as author says (with current power creep i can't imagine oneshot prevention without 10k ehp), it is a bit clunky as the author says, single targer DPS is lacking (for t16s it's more than enough tho). However it's still one of the best builds I have played, with big room for improvements - you take a lot of little steps into becoming a really efficient killing machine.

Also, one of the best and most detailed guides i followed.

Sadly, dots are never gonna beat some other skills when it comes to damage.
Last edited by mrzgrzytek2 on Apr 24, 2020, 3:58:29 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info