0.9.8c Patch Notes

so looks like this game goes that like others games Pay to test, not like before Free to test

before peoples came here before because Chris sayied it will be totally free to play when releases, now cant even beta testers in and now here comes real money ingame and it takes away interest of it.

so Chris cant hold own promises, just sad.
Last edited by TheDudeSon on Apr 5, 2012, 1:50:32 PM
"
TheDudeSon wrote:
so looks like this game goes that like others games Pay to test, not like before Free to test...

I would respectfully dispute this point by noting that so far the beta keys have been given out by lottery; all that happens now is that you can buy one if you really can't wait (or already have one, and want to bring a friend into the fun).

That said, it appears so far that yes, the microtransactions on offer are indeed purely aesthetic- and convenience-oriented; this is a Good Thing (the fact that the supporter packs include actual swag at higher levels is a nice bonus).

Given that it is probably we'll be seeing other pets later, I am curious as to what sorts folks would be interested in.
White Knight of the Order of Mihoshi Enthusiasts
"Destroyed overnight, or the next one's free."
"
Firefly00 wrote:
Given that it is probably we'll be seeing other pets later, I am curious as to what sorts folks would be interested in.

Please stop it, no more pets !! This is not one of your average MMORPG, and shouldn't turn to a one so. They should spent their times into much more urgent things there waiting to be fixed.
"This is too good for you, very powerful ! You want - You take"
"
TheDudeSon wrote:
so looks like this game goes that like others games Pay to test, not like before Free to test

before peoples came here before because Chris sayied it will be totally free to play when releases, now cant even beta testers in and now here comes real money ingame and it takes away interest of it.

this may be the most misinformed post i have read here in quite some time...
~SotW HC Guild~

"
TheDudeSon wrote:

What you been smoking son?? Have not understood what is going on at all?
When I saw the purchasable pet on my facebook feeds.. for a beta.. I.. well, eh, you know.. going through 2 acts on 2-3 difficulties is really fast, but now it will be AAAAAAAAAAAALLLOT more fun with a pet. Sorry, I'm disappointed in the way its heading. I know its F2P, but come on, its still in beta. :(
"
kendeniro wrote:
Sorry, I'm disappointed in the way its heading. I know its F2P, but come on, its still in beta. :(
How else should they test the cash shop? Selling things sounds like the logical way to do it.
Closed Beta/Alpha Tester back after a 10-year hiatus.
Kiwi pets and Spark spam FTW.
"
kendeniro wrote:
When I saw the purchasable pet on my facebook feeds.. for a beta.. I.. well, eh, you know.. going through 2 acts on 2-3 difficulties is really fast, but now it will be AAAAAAAAAAAALLLOT more fun with a pet. Sorry, I'm disappointed in the way its heading. I know its F2P, but come on, its still in beta. :(

You do know that FANS ASKED for this stuff, right? Pretty sure the DEVS had no plans to make anything purchasable before release, or the Open Beta at the very least.

Except players kept bugging them, asking to give money.

It MADE NO SENSE to just take money and not give anything back, so they rolled the shop out a bit early to allow Donators to at-least get store credit for their donations as a Thank You from the Devs + some nifty stuff as a bonus for supporting the game.

Nothing to do with selling stuff to the players. Players wanted to Donate, so they gave the option. And made sure those that donate money, get something in return for their effort.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info