0.9.8c Patch Notes

I thought we would be able to purchase Microtransaction credits and get access to beta? From what I understand you can only access the shop from in game?
The main thing I'm not sure about is that you want me to buy a pet that I don't really need. That pet must have taken time to develop into the game.

I would much rather pay for a new quest, enemy, feature or item.

maybe I am looking at this all wrong?

Apologies for the negative sounding post.
Last edited by Dobster on Apr 4, 2012, 6:03:27 PM
"
Dobster wrote:
The main thing I'm not sure about is that you want me to buy a pet that I don't really need. That pet must have taken time to develop into the game.

They won't be selling things that give you an advantage over other players. Buying an item, or access to a new quest would likely go against that philosophy. That said, by purchasing a pet, you'll be providing them money that they can use to continue game development, which will lead to more quests/enemies/features.
They have stated before that the in-game microtransactions would be primarily focused on aesthetic and cosmetic enhancements, and not to convey advantages in-game - which is the correct way to do a F2P model imho.

So I wouldn't expect new items or weapons in the shop - but weapon graphic enhancements are a possibility.

EDIT: ninja'd...
Last edited by Koshinator on Apr 4, 2012, 6:15:19 PM
My kiwi pets can mourn when I die in HC.

....For only pennies a day, you can adopt a homeless kiwi.....
SOTWGUILD.COM
Kiwis should be consumables.

Edit: Love them with strawberries.
Last edited by xxnoob on Apr 4, 2012, 6:19:04 PM
If there will be only kiwis, I will open a kiwi farm.. just to support the game. XD

Edit:
Kiwi is a small bird like animal right?
So kiwi farm... like ostrich farm..
╔═════════════════════╗
╟── ME LIKES THIS GAME! ──╢
╚══╤═══════════════╤══╝
Last edited by MoliskScout on Apr 4, 2012, 6:24:38 PM
WE NEED THE KIWI!
hahah kiwis, classic.

cant wait to play again this weekend!!@
"
Wisdom wrote:
"
Dobster wrote:

They won't be selling things that give you an advantage over other players. Buying an item, or access to a new quest would likely go against that philosophy. That said, by purchasing a pet, you'll be providing them money that they can use to continue game development, which will lead to more quests/enemies/features.

Yes I can understand that but with all the Kickstarter funding happening and games like Grim Dawn(Crate) listening to the community, I would rather directly fund something that isn't a pet.

PoE is a beta with only 2 acts. The direction the cash shop is heading is making me uneasy.

Edit: it isn't about having an advantage over other players, just spending the time developing something that adds to the game. Wouldn't you rather pay for example a new UI feature than a pointless pet? Both take time to develop at the end of the day.
Last edited by Dobster on Apr 4, 2012, 6:31:47 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info