[3.21] Vatinas' Spiders + HoP Guardian - CI, 70K armour, 1400 ES on block, millions of DPS

Just wanted to thank Vatinas for this excellent guide. I'm loving this build so far, and the item progression (currently saving up for the chestpiece) and min maxing seems like a reasonable goal for the rest of the league. It's tanky, easy to play, you feel like a badass with the spiders running around blowing everything up, and the auras synergize well for group play. I really appreciate that the cluster jewels in this build are actually affordable, unlike a lot of other guides I've followed. Yeah, the dagger is expensive, but the price has been dropping steadily, and I was able to grind up the currency for it in low level maps + heists.

Overall, a really well written guide. If you are looking to change anything my only suggestion would be the leveling section that calls for using zombies. I was able to farm low tier maps with zombies, but it was rough going leveling with it. You die a ton to Act bosses that don't spawn trash mobs when you don't have access to desecrate yet. I wonder if there's another leveling skill that might work better.
Not sure if this was explained previously but why does the pob tree appear to be different than the actual creators profile tree? not the same points taken and the jewels aren't the same or at the same location...I want to invest more in this build but unsure as too what path to go...
"
FrenchThugz wrote:
Not sure if this was explained previously but why does the pob tree appear to be different than the actual creators profile tree? not the same points taken and the jewels aren't the same or at the same location...I want to invest more in this build but unsure as too what path to go...

The only thing that is different that I see is he used a rare instead of watchers eye. Then the lack of points to fill in the rest of the tree. I had to do the same kinda to get my resistances over cap. Im at 96 now and harder than normal getting res capped cause im using the
as it was dirt cheap and still works fairly well.

It's my second time playing this build. Still works well and it has changed a bit since last time I played it(Heist league)

Why is empower so dang $$$ btw lol
Last edited by Kajun on Nov 1, 2021, 8:14:09 PM
Im starting to think that
should be used over the memory vault helm. I end up with more Armor, more energy shield(Because I can reserve everything without giving up soul of steel annoint) Tons of armor, good amount of energy shield.

isnt the +1 to all max res more valuable than a couple hundred energy shield using memory vault + the Charisma annoint? im 6300 es and I don't have my watchers eye equipped atm.
Swapped in the small cluster to see if the endurance charges seem better finishing up the leveling vs watchers eye.

The helm also has:
Transfiguration of Soul: Increases and Reductions to Maximum Energy Shield also apply to Spell Damage at 30% of their value
Transfiguration of Body: Increases and Reductions to Maximum Life also apply to Attack Damage at 30% of their value
Transfiguration of Mind: Increases and Reductions to Maximum Mana also apply to Damage at 30% of their value

but don't know the real value of these to this build...if any

Rings dont get any better for mana res...so, you would have to use the charisma annoint
"
Kajun wrote:

The helm also has:
Transfiguration of Soul: Increases and Reductions to Maximum Energy Shield also apply to Spell Damage at 30% of their value
Transfiguration of Body: Increases and Reductions to Maximum Life also apply to Attack Damage at 30% of their value
Transfiguration of Mind: Increases and Reductions to Maximum Mana also apply to Damage at 30% of their value

but don't know the real value of these to this build...if any

Spell damage does nothing for this build as our minions are not affected by it.

Attack Damage does nothing for this build as our damage does not matter and it does not affect your minions.

Flat damage does not affect minions either.

That helmet is basically just giving you some ES, in fact, pretty sure a rare would be better.

Memory vault is giving you similiar ES, Mana Regeneration, Increased mana, fire resistance,
Last edited by Tainted_Turkey on Nov 2, 2021, 6:57:26 AM
I said a rare would be better but to use memory vault you have to give up the annoint
I paid 2c for the helm with the enchant..so its cheap and hasnt held me back leveling.
Last edited by Kajun on Nov 2, 2021, 7:09:03 AM
Trying to level this build but holy moly the zombies are weak. They die to aoe during bosses and I have no damage at all using Smite and Holy relic? What am I doing wrong?
"
Dampnoet wrote:
Trying to level this build but holy moly the zombies are weak. They die to aoe during bosses and I have no damage at all using Smite and Holy relic? What am I doing wrong?

You can level with this approach (following the guide), and I did it this league, but as a league starter without good gear and links the damage is terrible as you noted. It's also really rough against bosses when you can't resummon zombies due to lack of corpses. When you get stone golem that helps alot, and if you overlevel you can make it work - it's what I did. I'm not sure if there's a better leveling skill. But stick with it because once you start running spiders it's super fun.
Hi guys, can someone take a quick look into my PoB https://pastebin.com/exy1VFNJ ?
I am currently running T15 and my minions take a while to clear mobs and I die quite often.

I know that I am still missing some jewels and the rings, so what would you suggest for next upgrades?

Sorry, am noob...
"
dadek182 wrote:
Hi guys, can someone take a quick look into my PoB https://pastebin.com/exy1VFNJ ?
I am currently running T15 and my minions take a while to clear mobs and I die quite often.

I know that I am still missing some jewels and the rings, so what would you suggest for next upgrades?

Sorry, am noob...

By checking at your items, a belt would be good. You currently have Max Life on it (and you don't need it), get a Dark Enthroned or a Stygian with a good Jewel.

Getting better ring would help as well and a better helmet (more ES).

You can also get better flask like a good Granite one.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info