[3.21] Vatinas' Spiders + HoP Guardian - CI, 70K armour, 1400 ES on block, millions of DPS

"
AlkistB wrote:
Where does 75% chance to block spell damage come from? I got it for attack damage, but have it at 24% for spell and cannot see what I am doing wrong. Can anyone please have a look at my AlkistC character and advise? https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Alkist1/characters

To raise it, you need Tempeset shield at lvl 20 and active.
I managed to squeeze our beloved Memory Vault back in! It requires a Charisma anointment, but catalysts aren't even needed on rings, they just need to have at least around 36-37% mana reservation efficiency each.

However, it does require a level 3 enlighten, which is over 2ex right now. Before we can afford it, we can just run with a rare helmet.

For now, I'm not featuring it in the guide, as it feels like a very expensive upgrade for not a lot of benefits. I'll think about it.
Last edited by Vatinas on Oct 29, 2021, 10:00:06 AM
Man I sold my lvl3 enlighten to buy gear for this build thinking I won't need it kek.

Btw I just realized, I am easily capped on block without the block mastery.

I think I'll switch out rallying cry with reckoning and take debilitate instead. I don't like playing with war cries anyway, well except if I get the instant cast node, then I'll just put it on left click and forget it.
Last edited by NameMerken on Oct 29, 2021, 11:26:37 AM
"
NameMerken wrote:
Man I sold my lvl3 enlighten to buy gear for this build thinking I won't need it kek.

Btw I just realized, I am easily capped on block without the block mastery.

I think I'll switch out rallying cry with reckoning and take debilitate instead. I don't like playing with war cries anyway, well except if I get the instant cast node, then I'll just put it on left click and forget it.

Oh, I'm sorry I didn't catch that sooner then :')

As for Rallying Cry, I agree, it's a bit underwhelming in its current state. I'm currently debating on what gem to replace it with - enlighten was a candidate, before I realised how expensive it's become; a 3rd support for Cyclone is another. Infused Channelling is good, I'm still running tests on Fortify. Other than that, link gems are really clunky to use, so I just removed them from the guide. Let me know if you think of something else. :)
I think if you can cap block without this mastery:

You can take Debilitate instead and use reckoning in a socket, it triggers when you block and counts as a "counterattack".

Which then would trigger this:

And if you also get Anomalous on Reckoning you will have a 90% chance to debilitate on block. It seems good for fast attacking mobs or bursts.
The downside is, it is only 1s duration.

Don't know if it's affected by increased duration, but anything that hits slow and hard won't really care about this. I just dislike war cries and that was the first thing I thought of rofl. Just wanted to be a bit more tanky since most things that kill all my characters are random bursts.
"
NameMerken wrote:
I think if you can cap block without this mastery:

You can take Debilitate instead and use reckoning in a socket, it triggers when you block and counts as a "counterattack".

Which then would trigger this:

And if you also get Anomalous on Reckoning you will have a 90% chance to debilitate on block. It seems good for fast attacking mobs or bursts.
The downside is, it is only 1s duration.

Don't know if it's affected by increased duration, but anything that hits slow and hard won't really care about this. I just dislike war cries and that was the first thing I thought of rofl. Just wanted to be a bit more tanky since most things that kill all my characters are random bursts.

We're already capped without the mastery, which I didn't notice, so we can just take the mastery you mention and grab Reckoning. I'll try playing with it for a bit, see how reliable it feels, and I'll keep you posted. Thanks for the idea :)
"
soveryezomg wrote:
Having fun with this build atm, but I have a question. How much ES should I have coz I have now 4.5k and I'm feeling bad :( Don't actually know how to rise it up. Got every unique from build plus rare helmet with flat ES and %.

Did you forget to turn on Discipline lol?
I just put your character in POB and it was off, when I enabled it, you had 6,2k es. Would be weird if you have less than me and I am level 72 xd. Currently have 5,8k and missing lots of es nodes.
You can also use it no prob, you still have 98 mana left.
Last edited by NameMerken on Oct 29, 2021, 3:17:35 PM
May i ask what is the budget with wich i should be able to do feared ? currently i have 40ex
Hi Vatinas I was wondering why don't you use Faith and Steel instead of Soul of Steel, Faith and Steel will give us

20% increased Armour
10% increased maximum Energy Shield
+8% to all Elemental Resistances
10% increased Energy Shield Recharge Rate

compared to Soul of Steel which will give us

30% increased Armour
+1% to all maximum Elemental Resistances
+150 to Armour
why isnt there a golem in pob either, thought stone or carrion would be beneficial

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info