[3.9] Nickonasty's Modular CoCpri Ice Nova Assassin - Shaper/UElder Viable

"
Nynx4life wrote:
"
Ralign wrote:
"
Nynx4life wrote:
Are there any disadvantages in terms of proc rates of Frostbolt - IceNova Combo when dual wielding Cospris with Vortex/Bonechill/UnboundElements socketed?

Vortex has a 1 second cooldown so there's that.

Okay and the fact that both Cospris have alternating turns at cyclone doesnt change the actual proc rate with 1 vs 2 cospris?
Heard something like that in another thread about CoC-IceNova. That it halfs the procrate of the Frostbolt-IceNova Cospri.

Thanks for the reply!

The way you need to think of CoC is that it applies a cooldown to any given spell. Cospri is special in that the weapon itself applies a cooldown to the spell (as opposed to a Cast on Crit support gem applying a cooldown to a spell).

With the Cast on Critical strike gem the only skill that will trigger a spell is the linked attack, in our case Cyclone. It doesn't matter what weapon hits as long as we're using the cyclone that's linked to the spell in our chest.

Cospri is different because instead of linking to a skill like cyclone it links the spell to that particular weapon. So any hit with the weapon will trigger a socketed skill. The important thing to note is that Cospri works the same way as the Cast on Critical Strike support gem. That is, if you socket the same skill multiple times they will all go on cooldown.

For example: Cyclone - CoC - Ice Nova - Ice Nova - Ice Nova will only trigger Ice Nova once on a Critical Strike, then put all 3 of them on cooldown.

So with Cospri's it's a bit weird because if you have 2 Cospri's Malice and you put one Ice Nova in both of them, it doesn't matter. If you trigger one Ice Nova in Cospri's 1, it'll put Cospri's 2 Ice Nova on CD at the exact same time.

The way to circumvent this is to put different spells in each, i.e. Frostbolt and Ice Nova. The problem with putting Vortex in is this: Cospri's 1 will be triggering it's spell 7.5 times every second assuming ideal conditions, while Cospri's 2 will only trigger Vortex once a second (because Vortex's internal cooldown of 1s overrides CoC cooldown of .135).
noot noot
Last edited by Ralign on Jul 15, 2019, 9:14:46 PM
"
Ralign wrote:
"
Nynx4life wrote:
"
Ralign wrote:

Vortex has a 1 second cooldown so there's that.

Okay and the fact that both Cospris have alternating turns at cyclone doesnt change the actual proc rate with 1 vs 2 cospris?
Heard something like that in another thread about CoC-IceNova. That it halfs the procrate of the Frostbolt-IceNova Cospri.

Thanks for the reply!

The way you need to think of CoC is that it applies a cooldown to any given spell. Cospri is special in that the weapon itself applies a cooldown to the spell (as opposed to a Cast on Crit support gem applying a cooldown to a spell).

With the Cast on Critical strike gem the only skill that will trigger a spell is the linked attack, in our case Cyclone. It doesn't matter what weapon hits as long as we're using the cyclone that's linked to the spell in our chest.

Cospri is different because instead of linking to a skill like cyclone it links the spell to that particular weapon. So any hit with the weapon will trigger a socketed skill. The important thing to note is that Cospri works the same way as the Cast on Critical Strike support gem. That is, if you socket the same skill multiple times they will all go on cooldown.

For example: Cyclone - CoC - Ice Nova - Ice Nova - Ice Nova will only trigger Ice Nova once on a Critical Strike, then put all 3 of them on cooldown.

So with Cospri's it's a bit weird because if you have 2 Cospri's Malice and you put one Ice Nova in both of them, it doesn't matter. If you trigger one Ice Nova in Cospri's 1, it'll put Cospri's 2 Ice Nova on CD at the exact same time.

The way to circumvent this is to put different spells in each, i.e. Frostbolt and Ice Nova. The problem with putting Vortex in is this: Cospri's 1 will be triggering it's spell 7.5 times every second assuming ideal conditions, while Cospri's 2 will only trigger Vortex once a second (because Vortex's internal cooldown of 1s overrides CoC cooldown of .135).

Wow, thanks a lot for your in-depth answer. As far as i understood, using 2 cospris with one Frostbold-IceNova setup wont harm my dps.
I had first feared that by using both cospris for cyclone, the effective proccrate would be halved and only APS/2 would be triggered as frostbolt / icenova, so to speak.
Cyclone alternates hits between weapons so you need to have your cyclone APS at 15 so that each sword hits 7.5 times a second.
noot noot
"
Ralign wrote:
Be careful when crafting full strength plates as the coloring required is 3g3b or 4b2g or 3g2b1r or 2g3b1r. Same stats though, make sure there's room for a gain % life as extra max es. Pandemonius let's you not run a Flesh and Stone if you want to get as much defenses as possible. And you don't need to run Discipline unless you have the Watcher's Eye with ES on hit. I would pick between either running Discipline or Acuity. If you are running Perfect Form or a unique chest with no resistances then probably use rare gloves with resists and pick up Discipline + Watcher's Eye. You can also try and fit Hatred + Zealotry + Discipline if you get a helm enchant with 15% reduced reservation for Hatred/Zealotry, get the aura nodes in Templar start, and use a 15% reduced reservation shaped shield. You can also get a corrupted helm with 90% mana multiplier, link Hatred + Zealotry + Discipline + Enlighten along with the reduced reservation enchant but this is probably much more expensive and not really a better alternative either.

thanks for the response. would you consider rather disc over grace? I think I'll go for the qotf route and stack high evasion, grace + hatred + zealotry? Not sure if I fit in flesh and stone + precision on top of that.
"
Ralign wrote:
Be careful when crafting full strength plates as the coloring required is 3g3b or 4b2g or 3g2b1r or 2g3b1r. Same stats though, make sure there's room for a gain % life as extra max es. Pandemonius let's you not run a Flesh and Stone if you want to get as much defenses as possible. And you don't need to run Discipline unless you have the Watcher's Eye with ES on hit. I would pick between either running Discipline or Acuity. If you are running Perfect Form or a unique chest with no resistances then probably use rare gloves with resists and pick up Discipline + Watcher's Eye. You can also try and fit Hatred + Zealotry + Discipline if you get a helm enchant with 15% reduced reservation for Hatred/Zealotry, get the aura nodes in Templar start, and use a 15% reduced reservation shaped shield. You can also get a corrupted helm with 90% mana multiplier, link Hatred + Zealotry + Discipline + Enlighten along with the reduced reservation enchant but this is probably much more expensive and not really a better alternative either.

thanks for the response. would you consider rather disc over grace? I think I'll go for the qotf route and stack high evasion, grace + hatred + zealotry? Not sure if I fit in flesh and stone + precision on top of that.
"
Ralign wrote:
Cyclone alternates hits between weapons so you need to have your cyclone APS at 15 so that each sword hits 7.5 times a second.

Oof, 15 is a lot. Probably would be better to just get an stat shield, play with <7.5 APS and trigger Vortex myself.

Pushing for 15 APS only to automatically trigger Vortex seems a bit exaggerated.
"
Ralign wrote:
"
MaxBeins wrote:
Hey,

currently I´m looking into a new rare chest. Right now I´m wearing a Loreweave with decent ele dmg and res. Do you think a elder vaal regalia would be much of an upgrade in terms of dmg and survivability?
On another note, could you look into my build and tell me if there´s anything I could do better? :)

If you don't have a lot of currency to spend just stick with Loreweave, it's an excellent alternative.

I would consider getting a 3 property Watcher's Eye and running the Discipline ES on Hit setup, it should boost your survivability quite a bit (not that the build really needs a whole lot more).

Quick summary:

Get a reduced reservation enchant for Hatred/Zealotry on your helm.

Use a shaped shield with 15% reduced mana reservation for socketed gems
(If you can multimod it with flat FIRE and gain % of cold as extra CHAOS, this will let you drop your hypnotic jewel and replace it with a better DMG one).

Buy a Watcher's Eye with ES on Hit with Discipline and 2 other offensive properties for Hatred/Zealotry/Precision total.

Ty very much for the answer. I now acquired a Yoke with 0,5% Cold dmg leeched as life.. Is that enough leech to drop the life leech in my cospris set up?
"
danteafk wrote:
"
Ralign wrote:

I don't think you can fit in all 3 without some god-tier investment, at most you can fit a 50/50/35 or 50/50/25. You can decide which to pick.
noot noot
"
MaxBeins wrote:
"
Ralign wrote:
"
MaxBeins wrote:
Hey,

currently I´m looking into a new rare chest. Right now I´m wearing a Loreweave with decent ele dmg and res. Do you think a elder vaal regalia would be much of an upgrade in terms of dmg and survivability?
On another note, could you look into my build and tell me if there´s anything I could do better? :)

If you don't have a lot of currency to spend just stick with Loreweave, it's an excellent alternative.

I would consider getting a 3 property Watcher's Eye and running the Discipline ES on Hit setup, it should boost your survivability quite a bit (not that the build really needs a whole lot more).

Quick summary:

Get a reduced reservation enchant for Hatred/Zealotry on your helm.

Use a shaped shield with 15% reduced mana reservation for socketed gems
(If you can multimod it with flat FIRE and gain % of cold as extra CHAOS, this will let you drop your hypnotic jewel and replace it with a better DMG one).

Buy a Watcher's Eye with ES on Hit with Discipline and 2 other offensive properties for Hatred/Zealotry/Precision total.

Ty very much for the answer. I now acquired a Yoke with 0,5% Cold dmg leeched as life.. Is that enough leech to drop the life leech in my cospris set up?

Yeah
noot noot
"
Nynx4life wrote:
"
Ralign wrote:

Oof, 15 is a lot. Probably would be better to just get an stat shield, play with <7.5 APS and trigger Vortex myself.

Pushing for 15 APS only to automatically trigger Vortex seems a bit exaggerated.

Well you would just put another DMG skill in the other Cospri. Vortex is instant cast so there's no hassle in triggering it yourself.
noot noot

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info