[3.7] Essence Drain/Contagion Trickster (the best one)

"
sillstryparnn wrote:

After seeing this post i looked at my dps in PoB and was surprised to see a lousy 300k DoT DPS although having a similiar build and skill tree to yours. Can someone help me and look if i have missed something? Tried to tinker myself but couldn't find the problem :(

https://pastebin.com/Sg3srvNg

(dont mind AA, just recently dropped it due to mana issues)

So first of all ED gem level, you only have a level 20 ED and a level 2 Empower. With a level 21 ED and level 4 Empower you jump to 420k dps alone.

No Helm enchant. Which makes up for around 20k in the current configuration.

Jewels could be better with damage and chaos damage. Amulet and Gloves can also have Non-Ailment Chaos Damage over Time suffix, if they are elder (also around 20k dps each approx). Also more spell damage on rings but at some point that doesn't really change that much.

So yeah focus on the gems it is the most important thing, if you base damage get's 10% stronger your overall dps will be 10% more. Stuff like another 20% spell damage jsut gets added to the other spell damage bonuses and so has a lot of DR at some point. The Non-Ailment ones are also important because the total Non-Ailment bonus is multiplied and not just added to other multipliers.
"
NopileosX2 wrote:

Jewels could be better with damage and chaos damage.

And just to be clear you can also get non-ailment chaos damage on jewels.
"
NopileosX2 wrote:

So first of all ED gem level, you only have a level 20 ED and a level 2 Empower. With a level 21 ED and level 4 Empower you jump to 420k dps alone.

No Helm enchant. Which makes up for around 20k in the current configuration.

Jewels could be better with damage and chaos damage. Amulet and Gloves can also have Non-Ailment Chaos Damage over Time suffix, if they are elder (also around 20k dps each approx). Also more spell damage on rings but at some point that doesn't really change that much.

So yeah focus on the gems it is the most important thing, if you base damage get's 10% stronger your overall dps will be 10% more. Stuff like another 20% spell damage jsut gets added to the other spell damage bonuses and so has a lot of DR at some point. The Non-Ailment ones are also important because the total Non-Ailment bonus is multiplied and not just added to other multipliers.

Didn't realize the level 21 ED and empower made such a huge difference. I will upgrade them ASAP. Thanks alot for your answer!
Last edited by sillstryparnn on Jun 23, 2019, 5:39:38 PM
"
matt__ wrote:
"
NopileosX2 wrote:

Jewels could be better with damage and chaos damage.

And just to be clear you can also get non-ailment chaos damage on jewels.

Worth keeping in mind but don't over-value it. My PoB maps out 4% NACDOT as equal to a 14% increased damage affix so it is the best single stat, but 3% isn't so clear and mixing two other damage mods is better in either case if that's all you can get for the price.
Ok I have just started maps and I think my gear and gems are probably about where they should be.

Spoiler

At the moment I am fairly broke (~20c) so I can't do anything real radical. But I would like to cap my resistance at 109, get some more life, straighten out my flasks and maybe get a better wand if I find a good deal. But after that the plan is to just grind some cash for a bow. So here is my question. First is that a good plan and second, where should I be heading next in the tree?

Also if someone can check out my guy and let me know if I have done anything stupid.
"
Skua99 wrote:

At the moment I am fairly broke (~20c) so I can't do anything real radical. But I would like to cap my resistance at 109, get some more life, straighten out my flasks and maybe get a better wand if I find a good deal. But after that the plan is to just grind some cash for a bow. So here is my question. First is that a good plan and second, where should I be heading next in the tree?

Also if someone can check out my guy and let me know if I have done anything stupid.

I'd probably go after the jewel nodes. You're 2 points away from three different ones, they'd be good for filling out things you're missing. I'd also be in favor of picking up shield charge + faster attacks + fortify if you're using wand/shield.

Message me in game I have a better wand you can have (nothing crazy, just the one I used before bow which should be a bit better than yours).
"
matt__ wrote:
"
Skua99 wrote:

I'd probably go after the jewel nodes. You're 2 points away from three different ones, they'd be good for filling out things you're missing. I'd also be in favor of picking up shield charge + faster attacks + fortify if you're using wand/shield.

Message me in game I have a better wand you can have (nothing crazy, just the one I used before bow which should be a bit better than yours).

Hi,

Thanks for the advice, I never thought about going for the jewels this early.

Also I will defiantly take you up on the offer for the wand the next time I see you online :)
"
Skua99 wrote:

I never thought about going for the jewels this early.

I'm a big fan of going for jewels because:

1: They're very versatile - you can use them for damage/life/res whatever you need at a given moment. If you get a new piece of gear and it lowers your res by 10, you can just put in a res jewel instead of regearing your whole character.

2: They're only a two point investment. You can use them so you have something useful during a long trip. You'd probably like to pick up Devotion and/or Purity of Flesh, but those are a long ways away. Instead of having useless nodes during the next 6-8 levels, you can use jewels and then orb of regret them away when you decide you'd rather have the further stuff.
Thx for build ! Im going MF version and can ez farm T16 Elder maps and had may loot

What should I upgrade here? I'm around 395k dps.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info