[3.7] Essence Drain/Contagion Trickster (the best one)

What will be the best choice for amulet?

Impressence or rare one with the good rolls?
"
RazheX wrote:
What should I upgrade here? I'm around 395k dps.

Level 21 ED, level 4 Empower

Non-ailment chaos damage gloves/watcher's eye, -9% chaos res helmet
"
am i the only one not using a bow cause it looks retarded as fuck?

Hrm this Pain Attunement setup actually looks like a pretty good option. PoB is giving me ~20% DPS loss vs bow, but you get better mobility (shield charge), better defense (block, fortify, way more ES/EV, though you lose HP), and free flask mod. Seems like a superior general setup.

However it costs a hell of a lot more! Bow is 7ex and the quiver can be cheap. This looks like 7ex for the shield, 1ex for the belt, and then you have to 6L a chest which is ~6ex. So double cost setup not even counting the wand (since you can get a pretty good wand for cheap actually).
Last edited by aimlessgun on Jun 24, 2019, 8:06:45 PM
Here's my current setup in Atziri's Step:

Would the better corruption implicit be "+2 to Socketed Duration Gems", "8% Movement Speed", or "10% Chance to Dodge Spell Hits While Moving"?

I mean +2 to all four of those gems would be a nice QoL improvement, but maybe the spell dodge is actually BiS. Thoughts?
"
Daisenpu wrote:
What will be the best choice for amulet?

Impressence or rare one with the good rolls?

I think the QOL from Impresence is hard to beat. Compared to self-cast, you save time casting (more Blight uptime and easier dodging, that POB won't account for). You get 10% increased curse effect from Blasphemy. And something many don't mention is the icons popping up, it makes enemies a lot more visible which really helps me personally (the number of times some little near-invisible bug has started biting my ankles while dealing with syndicate members...).

I think there are some setups that can fit Blasphemy in without it but most use a unique helm so you lose the -9% also. Witchfire brew is another option but you lose a flask and immunity and it's less reliable in some boss fights.

The top DPS option probably does fit a rare amulet in somehow, though. But to me Despair seems more important than Frostbite for a Vortex build for example, the DPS was a lot easier to increase there and you get EE. We don't.
I'm really loving this build even though I haven't played a ton and haven't progressed far into this league.

I'm looking at options/saving currency for a watchers eye after getting my level 4 empower and lvl 21 ED. What's the suggestions for it exactly? Seems there's quite some options.

Also suggestions for gems to prioritize to get 21 (?) After ED?
"
bluesylph wrote:

Also suggestions for gems to prioritize to get 21 (?) After ED?

According to my PoB: For the ED supports they're all about the same DPS gain with Efficacy being a tiny bit more. A 21 Despair is a bit better if it has full uptime. Or another option is Blight if you lack single target and aren't running Allelopathy.
Never fought shaper or Uber Elder before, beat them both deathless. Pretty easy. Great build for someone like me since DoT lets you focus more on avoiding damage.
Has anyone tested Wicked Ward and whether it's actually worth the points or not?

I'm using MoM + EB (from Devouring Diadem) and it would sure be nice to have those three points back. But if I'd rather not run out of ES during a fight and not be able to cast anything.
A good build guide should have a video to showcase the playstyle, even one as popular as Essence Drain/Contagion, for new players who never used the skills before

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info