[3.7] Essence Drain/Contagion Trickster (the best one)

"
Arkhandar wrote:
In the POB acro tree (so with Perfect Form, like said in the guide) we don't take MOM ?
Why ?

I don't use any reduced mana reservation mechanics in my version. With Malevolence and Flesh and Stone, we only have 25% unreserved mana. That's not enough to make use of MoM, and it will really cause annoyances since it will prevent you from casting a ton.

If you go EB with Devouring Diadem or you want to use an Essence Worm/Aul's with Malevolence, that's when I'd consider spec'ing into MoM.
"
Garash wrote:
Could anyone help out some? I feel like I have rather decent gear (multimodded bow, non-ailment multiplier Malevolence Watcher's eye) and stuff, and still only 450k ish dps in PoB.

https://pastebin.com/ikMk4QVx

Your PoB only shows 1 stack of wither, select that gem setup on the left hand vertical window, then wither, then change the stacks to 10 or 15. Then go to the config tab and change aspect of the spider (top right panel) to have 3 stacks.

That'll show your actual DoT dps, which is 600k and good enough for almost all content.

From there you could do a number of things to pump up your dps. I'd recommend getting a 21/20 ED gem and an Empower lvl 4 as next steps, since that's straight dps gains without sacrificing anything. That puts you just under 700k DoT dps, which is approaching Uber Elder doable.

After those two it gets harder. You could get NACDOT and chaos or spell % on your amulet, you could also get chaos or spell % on your rings and belt.

Also I noticed you have a spreading rot jewel but aren't using blight. So swap that jewel out, or switch your gem setup to include a self-cast blight. I use the self-cast blight with infused channeling, which will apply wither stacks and gives 10% more chaos damage while you keep the "Infused" buff up. You'd drop the wither aura gem as part of that switch.
"
"
Garash wrote:
Could anyone help out some? I feel like I have rather decent gear (multimodded bow, non-ailment multiplier Malevolence Watcher's eye) and stuff, and still only 450k ish dps in PoB.

https://pastebin.com/ikMk4QVx

Your PoB only shows 1 stack of wither, select that gem setup on the left hand vertical window, then wither, then change the stacks to 10 or 15. Then go to the config tab and change aspect of the spider (top right panel) to have 3 stacks.

That'll show your actual DoT dps, which is 600k and good enough for almost all content.

From there you could do a number of things to pump up your dps. I'd recommend getting a 21/20 ED gem and an Empower lvl 4 as next steps, since that's straight dps gains without sacrificing anything. That puts you just under 700k DoT dps, which is approaching Uber Elder doable.

After those two it gets harder. You could get NACDOT and chaos or spell % on your amulet, you could also get chaos or spell % on your rings and belt.

Also I noticed you have a spreading rot jewel but aren't using blight. So swap that jewel out, or switch your gem setup to include a self-cast blight. I use the self-cast blight with infused channeling, which will apply wither stacks and gives 10% more chaos damage while you keep the "Infused" buff up. You'd drop the wither aura gem as part of that switch.

Thanks a bunch! I was trying to figure out in the "Configuration" tab about the Wither stacks. Haven't used Aspect of the Spider before so didn't think about altering that. Yeah, I saw that Empower greatly improves ED dps, so Ill try to get a new one of those. Thanks for the tips with the rest, Ill try to make those improvements as I get more currency. :)
I am a little confused about how Withered is applied using Blight and the 'Spreading Rot' jewel. I have socketed the jewel, but am not seeing any indication that Withered or Hinder are being applied when I cast Blight. Plus I am not seeing anything on the tool tip or from inside the 'Character Screen'. Any help would be appreciated.
"
qaizr wrote:
looking for the 3 remaining porcupine cards. just now getting into t13 for terrace and plaza maps and i only found a couple gardens maps.

the fortune teller prophecy procced in a terrace map. i got two porcupines from the chest and another one dropped from a mob in the same map! lets go!

i think i got pretty lucky with the craft:
~100 alts
-1 annul
~80 chroms
Last edited by qaizr on Jun 22, 2019, 7:31:17 PM
"
Skua99 wrote:
I am a little confused about how Withered is applied using Blight and the 'Spreading Rot' jewel. I have socketed the jewel, but am not seeing any indication that Withered or Hinder are being applied when I cast Blight. Plus I am not seeing anything on the tool tip or from inside the 'Character Screen'. Any help would be appreciated.

withered is a debuff on the enemies so you won't see it in your char's buffs.
Last edited by qaizr on Jun 22, 2019, 6:53:34 PM
"
qaizr wrote:
"
Skua99 wrote:

withered is a debuff on the enemies so you won't see it in your char's buffs.

But will I see some sort of icon hovering over their heads as I obliterate them with Blight?
"
Skua99 wrote:
But will I see some sort of icon hovering over their heads as I obliterate them with Blight?

i don't think so. i'm not seeing one
Last edited by qaizr on Jun 22, 2019, 7:37:03 PM
"
Great build, I had cyclone as a league starter and did this specifically for legion content and it is so strong. What maps have you guys been farming?

I just got my Elder Orb last night so I'm wondering the same about maps. Obviously outside is best for Legion, but I'm not sure about T16 vs low tier. I can easily pop the whole army and generals on white maps but on T16 the contagion doesn't spread as neatly due to kill speed on rares and the generals can take a while. Also sextant and other costs add up.
I'm thinking about going EB/MoM with Devouring Diadem. Arcane Surge is really nice, but it's a 10% damage increase and I wonder if the survivability of a third aura + Feast of Flesh + MoM would be better than the 10% damage.

In maps I don't think the damage would matter, but I haven't fought Uber Elder yet and I wonder if the lower damage would be a problem.

I also don't have the -9% chaos res helmet, would that really make a big difference? It doesn't seem like that'd be too big of a deal. Would those (arcane surge + chaos res) stack and equal out to losing 20% damage if I used Devouring Diadem?

Edit: Also curious what people who have tried out both Immortal Call and Steelskin think is better. Steelskin has a best case 15% more uptime, but in order to get good levels of damage absorbtion you have to level CWDT so high. I've decided to go with IC for now, but could possibly be swayed to Steelskin.
Last edited by matt__ on Jun 23, 2019, 5:31:11 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info