Item Filter Sound Volume Too Low

I thought I was the only one! This is still going on for me and I have been forced to turn other sounds down/off to hear the alerts.

Playing an ED/Cont without alerts is an exercise is doubling back over and over.

Loving the league, HATING this particular bug.
Same, but also noticed the level up sound is nearly inaudible too. I've missed a few level ups :P
3.7 broke sound levels... idk how this is even possible in 2019

fix please, it ruins the game.
Same problem here:(
Same here...even if i tried to edit the volume of the mp3 itself :(
bump... this should be priority
Got the same problem - loot filter sounds very quiet even at max 100% filter sound volume been set.

Ixoth
So in "What we're working on, Legion week 2" article we have:

"Rebalancing audio for some skills that are currently too loud."

They may inadvertently change something that affects loot filter sounds but so far we aren't getting a direct fix.

Although it is hopeful that they are getting around to some audio stuff so we may see some adjustments soon that help this issue.
also having this problem

replying in hopes this gets addressed in the coming update
I finally decided to do some testing around this and see if I could resolve this on my own. I have had my own custom filter forever and decided to download Neversink's and test it. Neversink's loot filter sounds were audible and worked. When I compared the PlayAlertSound attribute on Neversink's to my loot filter, I discovered I had brackets around my volume level when Neversink did not. I don't remember if that was always the case, but I don't know why PoE would be overwriting my loot filter. When I changed my loot filter attribute to match Neversink it became audible again.

Example:

PlayAlertSound 1 [300]

to

PlayAlertSound 1 300

Using the brackets seems to muffle the sound considerably.

I hope this helps resolve the issue for others as well.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info