Item Filter Sound Volume Too Low

I had that same problem too. I'm not sure if the solution I did was temporary but I went to the Path of Exile folder under My Games and opened:

Production Configuration

then searched for [SOUND] then looked for:

item_filter_sound_volume2=

I saw that mine was set to item_filter_sound_volume2=50 so I changed it to 300. 300 was too loud for me, so change it to whichever you prefer.

Anyway, my item filter sound is working fine now.

Hope this helps. Have a fabulous day!
Last edited by Feiticeiraaa on Jun 18, 2019, 11:05:41 AM
"
Rickikicks wrote:
I finally decided to do some testing around this and see if I could resolve this on my own. I have had my own custom filter forever and decided to download Neversink's and test it. Neversink's loot filter sounds were audible and worked. When I compared the PlayAlertSound attribute on Neversink's to my loot filter, I discovered I had brackets around my volume level when Neversink did not. I don't remember if that was always the case, but I don't know why PoE would be overwriting my loot filter. When I changed my loot filter attribute to match Neversink it became audible again.

Example:

PlayAlertSound 1 [300]

to

PlayAlertSound 1 300

Using the brackets seems to muffle the sound considerably.

I hope this helps resolve the issue for others as well.

Hmm. Mine doesn't have any brackets or numbers to change in the .filter file. It just looks like this:

CustomAlertSound "T0-ZizaranUndisputed.mp3"

That is the whole line, there is no number or bracketed number to adjust. And I am using the same .mp3 file as I always have so the volume should be the same as before...

"
Feiticeiraaa wrote:
I had that same problem too. I'm not sure if the solution I did was temporary but I went to the Path of Exile folder under My Games and opened:

Production Configuration

I saw that mine was set to item_filter_sound_volume2=50 so I changed it to 300. 300 was too loud for me, so change it to whichever you prefer.

Just edited this and will see if it improves anything.

"
Feiticeiraaa wrote:

Production Configuration

CAN CONFIRM THAT THIS WORKS!

Thank you so much. If you edit 'item_filter_sound_volume2=' and change it to anywhere between 250-300 it should be about the same volume as before the patch!

This file is the production_Config.ini file inside your Path of Exile folder where your loot filter is located. Open it with notepad or something and just edit the above value to get your sounds back.

Thanks you, I can actually hear item drops again now.

E: Now they are going to fix whatever lowered the volume at some point and Ziz is going to blow my ears off... worth it though.
Last edited by AngelOfPassion on Jun 18, 2019, 8:51:54 PM
"
"
Feiticeiraaa wrote:

Production Configuration

CAN CONFIRM THAT THIS WORKS!

Thank you so much. If you edit 'item_filter_sound_volume2=' and change it to anywhere between 250-300 it should be about the same volume as before the patch!

This file is the production_Config.ini file inside your Path of Exile folder where your loot filter is located. Open it with notepad or something and just edit the above value to get your sounds back.

Thanks you, I can actually hear item drops again now.

E: Now they are going to fix whatever lowered the volume at some point and Ziz is going to blow my ears off... worth it though.

Awesome! Glad it worked for you! Enjoy!
same problem here, and seems changing production_Config solved it a bit
but UI sound like interact with Stash, item, use orbs etc... is still so low compare to skill and fighting effect sound, can we have separate sound from "Effect sound" and "UI sound" here?
"
Feiticeiraaa wrote:

Production Configuration

Thanks!It worked!
It was very same for me, but I solved. In my case, I re-connected my earphone, and I select "auto" type.

I think this kind of problem is regard with hardware settings (like main-board, etc).
This is still a problem, and disgusting it's not even been addressed yet.

I would like to clarify, that yes editing the line in the Production Configuration file will work, this a VERY temporary fix. If you happen to use a mix of your own sound files with the games built in sound file, it will out right BLAST your ears when an item drops that uses a default sound. When you adjust that sound level in the file you're basically sliding the filter volume slider in game to 300, or whatever value you set.

Should you happen to touch the slider in the UI, it will also reset the volume setting in the file.

GGG - can we please get this in the works for a patch, not hearing shit drop is pretty serious when it comes to a looter based game.

Again, this appears to only affect sound files not part of the default filter. .wav/.mp3
Last edited by JediWabbit on Aug 15, 2019, 11:07:14 PM
This issue has happened to me as of the latest Blight patch.

Some sounds are so faint I can barely hear them; if I turn up my speakers to max I can hear them normally, but then all other sounds are ear-deafening loud.

The sounds that are light include - pressing any button like 'login', the initial GGG splash screen, atmospheric effects, and others.

Sounds that play normally are things like filtered item drop sounds (I added a drop sound to divination cards for example), monster death 'screams', and others.

I know it is not my end. Have checked everything a few times - Win sound settings, my speakers, other games (none have this issue but PoE). Windows did apply updates lately, but only for security; nothing for sound.

Is this still being ignored by GGG? It is really annoying.

EDIT *

Looking at the production_config file, the sound values do not match the in-game option sound values for dialog volume. I have this set at 50 in options, but in the config it is set at 330 for some reason. Will see if setting it to 50 fixes things, but I don't see how.

*Nope doesn't change anything, except now I cannot hear NPC voices...

EDIT 2*

Setting everything but master volume to 330 returns my sounds to normal ... haven't seen a filter modded drop yet, but set that to 330 also.

EDIT 3*

Nope, dialog is now super quiet at 330. Maxxed it in the in-game slider and still can barely hear any dialog. The config file shows it at 700...

Changing low/medium/high channels - no change.

I'm honestly thinking about not playing anymore this is so annoying...
Last edited by hakuryu on Sep 12, 2019, 6:12:46 PM
Having the same issue, just wondering has there been any progress, or is it atleast on a bug tracker? :)

Sorry for necro-ing this old thread, but this one was the most active of all the ones I could find regarding this issue.

I tried maximizing the gain on my wav files, but seems like it had little effect, sucks that the in-game loot volume slider seems to affect both the default and custom sounds.

When the slider is at a good volume for custom sounds, the default ones will blast my ears.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info