Cyclone

does iron grip work with cyclone? any1 know?
"
zzzerg wrote:
does iron grip work with cyclone? any1 know?
it is already melee, no. iron grip is to give melee's physical boost to work with projectile attacks (still physical).
hi, are u sure about that, someppl said no, i am confused.
cyclone is a melee AoE attack and movement skill. it is not a projectile attack so iron grip does nothing as iron grip is for (physical) projectile attacks.
"
this also means that in groups you won't get any loot. At all. People will steal all the items designated for you. Praise the FFA lootig system!
as far as I thought, the timer is based off the movement speed of the character. Aside from that, you could use a skill like leap slam or whirling blades to get to the item quicker.
The bigger issue would be that it would be very hard to keep up with the party in order to do any damage at all; you'd just be a leech until the party gets slowed down by a harder set of enemies.
"
Leaving the movespeed alone. This way cyclone ends faster, so the mana costs of recasting it increase dramatically, as if it weren't high enough. We also get less hits per enemy, since we pass them quickly, which also does not help with mana issues.
Sure it's an issue that it costs more mana, but that's something players can/should be able to deal with.

The only issue I see is that the skill should be balanced to an extent where it can sometimes have an advantage over existing skills like cleave and sweep. Otherwise like you said (indirectly), this skill wouldn't be used. I'm not sure if the advantage is there or not; it's much like a sweep-spam which allows movement at twice the attack speed... I guess that's a bit of an advantage?
Fresh cakes for all occasions.
Delivery in 30 eons or less
Call 1-800-DOMINUS
Remember - 'Dominus Delivers'
It's better for 1h/shield than Cleave, in my opinion, except the desync etc. 80% DE vs 70%, moving around has some great defensive benefits, mana per second is pretty comparable, and moving through things while killing is quite efficient if you can kill in one pass (loot can be a problem but 99% of the time monsters dont drop loot worth picking up ^ ^)
It would be great if we could somehow target the ground through enemies with skills like this one and whirling blades.

Because monsters are frequently desynced, targeting one with one of these movement skills can occasionally be deadly. Mainly, the path of my cyclone or whirling blades is totally different server-side from what I'm seeing client-side. The deadly part occurs when you end up stuck behind an obstacle server-side. Because you're seeing something completely different on your client, you're unaware that you're stuck behind an obstacle, because client-side you aren't. Except suddenly your attacks aren't doing any damage. It only takes a second or two to discern if you're desynced and /oos, but that's all it takes to get you killed. While you're figuring it out and syncing yourself, enemies have surrounded you server-side and are beating on you.

Targeting the ground with the skill should not only offer finer control over the direction and distance of your movement-based attacks, but it should prevent your character from becoming desynced in such a way.
+Quality increase the range.
But can you see or feel,maybe 15% more area damage???

Or its not necessary to pay 5-6 gcp for a good quality cyclone,because the diffrents between 0 quality und 15-20 is to low,if you are not a rich player?
Last edited by Sheck501 on May 18, 2013, 3:12:49 PM
Cmon guys do something about multi+cyclone!!! Getting permadesynced all the time is not cool and i dont have 4 hands to click , drink pots push enter and /oos every 3-4 seconds.... i am getting 5%-6% xp and losing it from desync deaths.
"
Sheck501 wrote:
+Quality increase the range.
But can you see or feel,maybe 15% more area damage???

Or its not necessary to pay 5-6 gcp for a good quality cyclone,because the diffrents between 0 quality und 15-20 is to low,if you are not a rich player?

Agreed, i think a simple incremental in physical damage per level is better.

or if possible,

% Aggro chance for the monster hit.

Perm. Retired from this unforgiving land of the Exiles.
Self-impost EXILED.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info