Cyclone

"
Ellohir wrote:
i tried today cyclone + multistrike combo, its great combination, but it is causing huge desync problems, when im fighting small monster groups (3-5 monsters) everything is ok, but when im fighting against bigger packs (10 and above) this gem combination is unplayable, almost always my character choose different targets on client side than on server side, and im ending up in desync, not knowing where i truly am. is it fixable ggg? maybe thru some multistrike code tweaks? like for example choosing always the nearest target instead of random? there will still be some desync, due to delay, but i think there will be much less of them.

or best solution would be imo to allow "Various speed/collision concessions that make it easy to speedhack and/or walk through monsters with modified clients" and make some kind of warden to catch and ban hackers. i know i takes alot of work time but it would cut down desync problem alot.

Definitely my biggest problem right now. I cast dual strike on a mob till I run over to it and it links back up. But all of my deaths have been due to desync, usually I can whirling blades and DS to fix the sync and prevent death, but sometimes it takes spamming potions to fix it. I lied I died once on a map with lightning thorns, hit cyclone on a clean group, up went thorns and insta dead.
"
Chainingpain wrote:
I think increasing the range of cyclone would be more fun

This would make the skill much better. I'm playing with over 70% increased aoe right now, and it offers a minor bonus, I feel the base range should be about where I am at. Most people using cyclone don't have access to those aoe nodes anyways, and using increased aoe gem should be a bit better trade off than some of the others. I use it simply because I needed 3 reds in my chest and 300 chromatics later I got 3 reds 1 green and 1 blue, so rather than spend another 300 going for 2 green I used increased aoe. And it works well.

A minor boost in the skills aoe size would make it much better, although it isn't required. Cyclone is still a decent single target killer too if no other mobs are around.

Still though like the posts above, the biggest issue is desync, fix that and you'll have a lot more people using it, add some small aoe and then everyone uses it.
I also use Cyclone+Multistrike (linking multistrike is the only way one can use this skill with mana as a resource becouse of its absurd mana cost- my 5L cyclone has a 173 mana cost), and the truth is that I have to type /oos every 5 seconds aproximately becouse I end up either dying or spinning between mobs but dealing no dmg (but I do receive dmg).

This needs a fix badly.

BTW, I'm not a QQer, but I do not lie when I tell you that post lv 72, my only deaths have been due to desync.
IGN Rampage = Petral_Throw
IGN Beyond = Petraso_mental
"
Ellohir wrote:
for example choosing always the nearest target instead of random? there will still be some desync, due to delay, but i think there will be much less of them.

This is a great idea imo.
IGN Rampage = Petral_Throw
IGN Beyond = Petraso_mental
attacking a different monster than the one u clicked should help fix desynch? i dont quite get that. also how will u kill minions before boss etc when the server doesnt attack what u chose, but whats nearest to you?

btw if u use leftclick cyclone w/ shift it gets much more useable in case of desynch imo (u will still die to desynch sometimes, but alot less).
IGN: @ShocklerMolesh

Map Management Resource:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/339977
Does Cyclone work with Concentrated Effect?
It is an AoE (gem description, way at the top), so, yeah.
Please fix the desync issue with cyclone, its ridiculous. The only reason I die with my Marauder Cycloner is due to desync. I'm soooo frustrated right now.
IGN Raikker
And while I'm on a rant of sorts. Make Cyclone spin as long as the hotkey is pressed down. I hit a tiny pebble on the screen and Cyclone stops. That is not so bad unless you are surrounded by 100 monsters and get instagibbed.
IGN Raikker
"
Quak3 wrote:
attacking a different monster than the one u clicked should help fix desynch? i dont quite get that. also how will u kill minions before boss etc when the server doesnt attack what u chose, but whats nearest to you?

btw if u use leftclick cyclone w/ shift it gets much more useable in case of desynch imo (u will still die to desynch sometimes, but alot less).

Read my post carefully, its not about cyclone, its about multistrike+cyclone, curently if you link cyclone with multistrike, then target mob and press cyclone hotkey, char will spin toward target location, but after that (as the multistrike description says) char starts spinning toward next RANDOM target,and another after that, and char always choose different targets on server side than on client side, wich causes huge desyncs, making it nearest instead of random would help alot, targets will be almost always the same on server side and on client side (small differences are possible due to delay). random target works fine for close range atacks, such as heavy strike, but not for cyclone, also im wondering about why multistrike with leapslam doesnt choose any target after first leap, its just jumping in same place 2 times instead.
Last edited by Ellohir on Apr 25, 2013, 11:00:58 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info