Cyclone

One of the new uniques looks like it gives +2 to melee range. Though it has some serious limitations that you would have to build your whole character around
Only read first and last patch, so sorry if this question was already answered.
Are you able to block while spinning?
"
mcdd wrote:
Only read first and last patch, so sorry if this question was already answered.
Are you able to block while spinning?
Yeah you can block while spinning.
Just came back to poe, this skill +new patch any viable builds? is the skill worth it?
Dual wielding is useless with cyclone... There is a very small difference in DPS between dual wielding and one hand (in my case 2,3k and 2,45k, both weapons, which I use have similar DPS). When I wear a shield i get a lot of def, hp, resistances, block... Dual wield provides only a little more damage, small block chance and sometimes resists. Just make dual wield bonus like in cleave and everybody will be happy ;p I hope you will do something with that in near future.
"
O2lsie wrote:
Dual wielding is useless with cyclone... There is a very small difference in DPS between dual wielding and one hand (in my case 2,3k and 2,45k, both weapons, which I use have similar DPS). When I wear a shield i get a lot of def, hp, resistances, block... Dual wield provides only a little more damage, small block chance and sometimes resists. Just make dual wield bonus like in cleave and everybody will be happy ;p I hope you will do something with that in near future.
for cyclone, the damage is the same for 1-h and dual. doal just attacks faster by 10% ontop of any other boosts. the "downside" to that is that the two weapons needs to be pretty close to same damage for the dps to be "correct". still gget block chance with shield or dual wield, just somewhat less in dualwield (15% base instead of 26 average base between all shield types). 2h gets slightly more range and typically more damage but no block defense.

edit: oops i just sent this thread to it's 100th's page . _ .;;;
Last edited by soul4hdwn on Jun 10, 2013, 12:22:15 PM

Suggestion to reduce desycn:-

1. Making "Attack in place" key re-sycn when pressed.

2. Making "Attack in place" key to break-off while spinning.

In theory, the combination above should work. It resolve paritially the de-sycn and the ability to break off the attack which so many is requesting.

Perm. Retired from this unforgiving land of the Exiles.
Self-impost EXILED.
This skill is basically a desync on command button, with a ridiculous mana cost.

Seriously, why is its mana cost 4 times any other melee skill? Even a 4l cyclone is completely unusable without some serious mana investment, and the skill isn't even good enough to be worth it.
Mark,
can you please clarify by how much were the weapon ranges increased in 0.11?
I remember before one-handed weapons were range 4, and two-handed range 5.
Thanks!
Immortal King WW Marauder build:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/348782/page/1
ign: Peresvet
want buff Cyclone for dual-wield !!!
example: deal 2 strike of each hand per spin if dual-wielded (but so many strikes may be reason of lags)
example2: +100% physical damage when dual-wielded
IGN: Enimis

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info