Cyclone

"
Cmon guys do something about multi+cyclone!!! Getting permadesynced all the time is not cool and i dont have 4 hands to click , drink pots push enter and /oos every 3-4 seconds.... i am getting 5%-6% xp and losing it from desync deaths.

it is so mad this dsync stuff if u try cyclone + multistrike + faster attacks. this attack is not controlable. 90% of the fights are dsync like hell... i think its a realy cool combi i can fight at docks merciless with my lvl 65 duelist again a realy large group of monsters without any death if im lucky to stay in the mops and attack but thats the 10% of fight. most the time they dont follow the mouse and do what they want. and if im unlucky that my char dont attack (the animation is still working and it looks like im fighting but i dont) i die. pls get it fixed that it will be a little more contolable!

peace
"
starsg wrote:
"
Sheck501 wrote:
+Quality increase the range.
But can you see or feel,maybe 15% more area damage???

Or its not necessary to pay 5-6 gcp for a good quality cyclone,because the diffrents between 0 quality und 15-20 is to low,if you are not a rich player?

Agreed, i think a simple incremental in physical damage per level is better.

or if possible,

% Aggro chance for the monster hit.

Or some kind of charges.

Perm. Retired from this unforgiving land of the Exiles.
Self-impost EXILED.
Sucks, the retarded cousin of D2 and D3 whirlwinds, only done BAD !
"Players can now smack around players who are having trouble very early on."
-Bex
There is no reason to have the damage at 35%. Leap slam is 100% and hits a much larger area with less mana cost, wtf?

If you have 1000 dps leap slam you get 200 dps cyclone - it's just not viable unless MAYBE if you use shock, but even then it's still bad.

The damage should be at least 50%!

Also: mana cost is too high for such a worthless crap skill!

Too bad cause everything else about the skill is great (except desynch).
Last edited by Exalton on Jun 2, 2013, 5:00:07 AM
Can't compare a leveled leap slam to a non leveled cyclone. Also, cyclone is technically 80% and the DPS displayed is wrong.

I'd like to ask if the quality is bugged and causes a deadzone to be added or increased. Or even decreases the area. It seems bugged... Or useless.
Current IGN: twitchtvTheuberelite

http://twitch.tv/theuberelite - I stream sometimes.
Hopefully the skill AoE will be increased in the next patch.
This skill has quite a bit of potential. Its really lame that is has such a pitiful range.
Last edited by Walhart on Jun 4, 2013, 8:25:39 AM
"

It is, actually! Cyclone uses the weapon's base range, and lookitdis:
"
The attack range of all melee weapons and many monsters has been increased to better match their animations.

@previous page: the DPS displays are pointless and you should ignore them when comparing two skills.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Jun 4, 2013, 12:07:48 PM
To expand my point about leveling cyclone...

Tooltip DPS increases by 60ish every time I level it right now.

Facebreaker cyclone, melee physical, faster attacks, added fire.

Master of the Arena is basically a must have - the AoE increase adds a ton of theoretical DPS due to a 50% increased AoE.
My physical damage rolls on my gear isn't even as high as it could be.

Level 51 with 1.6k tooltip DPS right now.
Current IGN: twitchtvTheuberelite

http://twitch.tv/theuberelite - I stream sometimes.
Last edited by TheuberClips on Jun 4, 2013, 2:43:12 PM
"
Xapti wrote:
"
this also means that in groups you won't get any loot. At all. People will steal all the items designated for you. Praise the FFA lootig system!
as far as I thought, the timer is based off the movement speed of the character. Aside from that, you could use a skill like leap slam or whirling blades to get to the item quicker.
The bigger issue would be that it would be very hard to keep up with the party in order to do any damage at all; you'd just be a leech until the party gets slowed down by a harder set of enemies.

I 2nd to the problem with loot, cycloning is a big turn-off if you are farming. Unless there is a way to break off from the attack, you will lose the loot most of the time.

In general:
I found myself, playing this skill in public party only while i dont care about loot.
Or I played it with friends i know. In short, its not a "public-friendly" skill.

If the current design is intended, then its fine as it is.

Else please take a look into the loot issue.

Perm. Retired from this unforgiving land of the Exiles.
Self-impost EXILED.
"
Vipermagi wrote:
"

It is, actually! Cyclone uses the weapon's base range, and lookitdis:
"
The attack range of all melee weapons and many monsters has been increased to better match their animations.

@previous page: the DPS displays are pointless and you should ignore them when comparing two skills.

Gunna dust off my old PoE account and give my cyclone build a spin. :D

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info