Cyclone

fix desync issues :)
Why is cyclone desperately trying to move along the straight line from A to B?
If this gets changed to move along walk path from A to B, most if not all issues would be fixed.

In this picture using cyclone to get from A to B is completely blocked, and the nearest point where cyclone is allowed is C.
Spoiler

If walk path is used for cyclone rather than a straight line, it will be affected by desync only as much as walking itself is, which isn't all that bad.
IGN: NNQQ, Sporkay, Rands_
Here's my feedback about Cyclone:

At the moment I feel Cyclone it's a great skill, but it has several restrictions that makes it kind of frustrating.

Sometimes, when using cyclone against a monster located in a border, my character stays quiet.... ARGHHHH.

Sometimes, under the slow debuff, my character stays in cyclone forever and i can't cancel it.

• Cyclone should have some kind of pathfinder.

• Cyclone should be allowed to be canceled by moving to another position or by using another skill.

• You should be able to cast cyclone even if the target position is invalid, the character should spin in the nearest valid position even if it can't reach the target.

Thank you for reading.
Gotta say, Just tried to play a Cyclone character today.

Cyclone feels so much worse than D3's Cyclone. Holding down the button to continue Cycloning is absurdly more simple and fun than clicking a location to cyclone to.
never played cyclone before, an none of my teamates have a cyclone too.. my question is: 27k full elemental damage (cycl + elm damage + conc effect + fast attack + blood magigic + life leech ) full evasion, acrobatics and phase acrobatics 4.2k life lighting coil..is any good?
Playing Cyclone on mana atm.
Thread/Guide.
Meaning: no BM gem, no Soultaker, actually paying the mana cost with mana pool, mana leech, mana regen.

Even on a 6L, if you build around it, you can pay the mana cost quite easily.
(I'm 5L, but added fire, which would be my 6th gem, has such a low multiplier it wouldn't put me out of the comfort zone)

I go for short, controlled spins, I don't like the feeling of those long, slow spinning patterns that I cannot abandon.

Cyclone has a bit of a weird playstyle because every little obstacle makes monsters right in front of you either immune or the Marauder simply doesn't want to spin at all.
But after a while, you get used to it, avoid such situations and use a skill like leapslam to position yourself better.

The desynch issues of Cyclone are actually not as terrifying as I heard before, I encountered the same problems with every other melee skill.

The damage output of Cyclone is amazing, nobody knows how to translate tooltip DpS into actual DpS, but it is amazing.

@TheEndIsNigh
Yes, 27k Cyclone DpS will be more than sufficient in almost every scenario.
You'll have to judge Conc Effect for yourself, however.
The damage for singletarget is amazing, but you are really gimping your clearspeed.
I'm using Conc Effect most of the time, as I'm not too "hasty", but in lower maps, I swap it for increased AoE or item rarity.
3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
I'm curious to see how cyclone will perform with the new counter-attack skills (Reckoning, Vengeance and Riposte).

Edit :
And actually with Static Strike too, depending on how exactly it works. Attack with Static Strike on a 2Hander with increased duration, switch to 1H/shield (or dual wield), start cycloning and have the Static Strike explosion during the cyclone.
Last edited by NotYourConcern on Dec 12, 2014, 2:43:31 AM
Cyclone seems broke in 1.3b with conc effect. If the mob moves towards you the window of hitting them can be so small that you might just pass through without hitting once. Now my cyclone skill is strictly used for big backs of big mobs ;.;'s
This skill can no longer lock on target.. Why did you guys do this? I prefer the old cyclone where I can easily lock on a monster until it dies, and do the same for every other target that gets locked. I honestly don't care if this new cyclone desyncs less often. This is the only skill that I don't mind using even with lots of desync before 1.3. Even after 1.3, my dps stayed the same, and I can no longer kill a rare monster.. That just means that cyclone is messed up. I want my old cyclone back. I am tired of moving my cursor everytime I want to kill a monster that constantly runs around. And for some reason, it doesn't even seem like the monster is taking all the damage when I placed my cursor over the target for the entire fight.
Permanent Hardcore only.
Last edited by Rafurion on Dec 13, 2014, 11:18:37 PM
Yep, its true, gem lost att speed and got 20% less !!! att speed vs 10% base dmg. GGG if u wanna do balance, we need 3-5% up base dmg on gem, or return % increase att speed .
100lvl mele pvp QUIT

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info