Cyclone

"
Jedi_blr wrote:
Yep, its true, gem lost att speed and got 20% less !!! att speed vs 10% base dmg. GGG if u wanna do balance, we need 3-5% up base dmg on gem, or return % increase att speed .

Hes right, the 20% less attack speed is unjustifiable. This is a skill built around speed, even in Diablo2 post classic, attack speed was what determined how fast and effective your whirlwind was. You wanted 4fps for max damage/speed. If anything let us build up our own aps via tree and gear, remove the 20% less attack speed and leave the 50% effectiveness buff. Not trying to make this game into a Diablo2 copy and paste but come on, this skill as anything but fast just isn't cyclone..its shit. It looks and feels clunky now, before it was fine. Id even take pre 1.3 cyclone with mechanic tweaks introduced in 1.3.

Give us this

76% physical at 20% quality
0-20% attack speed bonus
40% base damage
20% area at 20% quality
30% less movement speed

Or give us this

0% attack speed bonus
50% base damage
20% area at 20% quality
30% less movement speed

Just don't give us 20% less.
GGG, the ADA of gaming....huuuur i gotz mai skilz.
IGN: MullaXul
"
MullaXul wrote:
"
Jedi_blr wrote:
Yep, its true, gem lost att speed and got 20% less !!! att speed vs 10% base dmg. GGG if u wanna do balance, we need 3-5% up base dmg on gem, or return % increase att speed .

Hes right, the 20% less attack speed is unjustifiable. This is a skill built around speed, even in Diablo2 post classic, attack speed was what determined how fast and effective your whirlwind was. You wanted 4fps for max damage/speed. If anything let us build up our own aps via tree and gear, remove the 20% less attack speed and leave the 50% effectiveness buff. Not trying to make this game into a Diablo2 copy and paste but come on, this skill as anything but fast just isn't cyclone..its shit. It looks and feels clunky now, before it was fine. Id even take pre 1.3 cyclone with mechanic tweaks introduced in 1.3.

Give us this

0-20% attack speed bonus
40% base damage
20% area at 20% quality
30% less movement speed

Or give us this

0% attack speed bonus
50% base damage
20% area at 20% quality
30% less movement speed

Just don't give us 20% less.

they can keep the Attk speed, we need to be able to target monsters with it...now I have to spend an extra 10 seconds to leapslam back to the boss and hope I can avoid and nasty aoe or w/e might kill me, o and you can forget trying it on atrizi when the heal mobs spawn...odear she has full health now wtf.
Im very happy with the change so far.

E: Although the manacost is too restrictive imho. You should at least cut it by 10 and make it possible for builds to use it with mana instead of BM.
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1158669

Cyclone MARA Beginners and Advanced Guide.
Last edited by Vincendra on Dec 16, 2014, 10:42:49 AM
Despite going from (1.2):
+142% increased damage
+33% increased attack speed

To (1.3):
+184% increased damage
+35% increased attack speed

I still lost 10% of my damage (from 22k to 20k), while playing Elemental Cyclone, too great they compensated attack speed nerf with PHYSICAL damage boost, kinda of a joke. Why GGG? It's like saying Cyclone is meant to be used with PHYSICAL damage/Soul Taker. Mana cost still prohibitive.

I also don't know if I'm just not used to the new mechanics or they just suck hard. I was already used to the desync, they seem to have fixed it a little, but at what cost? Too much less uptime on boss and rares without being able to target monsters, just locations, it's not show at tooltip, but it's a HUGE dps loss. I also play with some latency (south america) and targeting ground become a even worse issue.

IGN - Peonsius
my characters/739743 - standard shop/511367
Last edited by peonso on Dec 26, 2014, 6:04:35 PM
Cyclone is good as is, but, do away with the cap on how many targets it can hit. It's really annoying to take twice as long on a pack because cyclone can only hit half of it, or you can't culling effectively with it coz it can't hit all, or you can't kill the damn vaal aura totem/monster that makes the others immune because the game doesn't like that to be a preferred target, etc.

Please remove target cap or increase it a lot.
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
Cyclone has 20% less attack speed, but hits twice per spin, so the attack speed is misleading. Why not make it 60% more attack speed, but hit once per spin?
Do we have any info on how "long" the minimum cyclone distance is in game units? Sounds like it could be worthwhile to calculate out attackspeed / movespeed breakpoints for squeezing in an additional tick-based-hit per minimum-distance-cyclone, to maximize the damage potential against bosses.
IGN: Totemofo
Are you even testing the shit you do ggg? and listen to feedback? I belive not!

There is a thing called desync which makes your game unplayble.

Maybe cyclone works fine on your test servers, but its unplayble in the real game because of desync, often you cyclone 10 seconds besides a mob because your not able to target anymore!
Last edited by SteamHämmer on Jan 13, 2015, 10:35:34 AM
I think it's about time GGG really looked into the mana cost of this skill.

At level 20, it comes with a whopping 28 mana cost, and it starts out with 24 mana cost at level 1. As a strictly melee skill (Dominating Blow is melee, but serves a completely different purpose.), this skill out the gate and leveled is way too expensive. Combined with aura usage and the blood magic support gem, the cost of the skill skyrockets into the 100s easily with enough supports.

Builds that use cyclone in fact most often don't use cyclone until they are well into maps. How do they level up? Using Cleave or Reave. Not only those have decent AoE, they are cheaper than cyclone by twice the amount. The reason why people switch to cyclone is its ability to do multihits on a same target, allowing one to leech/gain life a lot more than most skills as well as providing stun immunity. Otherwise in the DPS department, Cleave and Reave will boast better tooltip DPS.

To make Cyclone even work on mana, you'd need a decent amount of mana leech on gear, mana regen, and a decently sized mana pool leftover. This precludes most people from going aura-heavy and this sort of setup requires way too much gear requirements to make a skill work. (Not to mention if you whiff a target, you end up going OoM because you're not leeching.)

Please lower the cost of cyclone. It's been long due for this, AS/basedmg changes notwithstanding.
For Ranger build tips, tactics, and critiques, visit this thread:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/69224
Last edited by Islidox on Jan 14, 2015, 11:46:17 PM
Dear GGG. 1.3 patch realy ruined cyclone. Damage/ attack speed buff(nerf) doesnt realy matter but target lock was the way to go when facetanking bosses. Now when fighting boss with cyclone i just roll over it and lose contact= no leech= 100% sure death.

Pls bring target lock back.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info