Cyclone

if your crit was 20% somehow, your volls would enable you to always have charges. a 1/5 chance is just starting to be high crit chance already. if i had that, i'd always at least see one or two crits because it is still possible to crit vs one for and not another. it likely still is "all or nothing". power charges don't get re-checked mid-use of a skill (unless cold snap was on a trigger gem), so there likely won't be anything silly like how crit weakness works.

as for cast on crit, its somewhat interesting you want steady triggering when crits themselves are not steady at all. additionally you have a percentage to check after critting in order to cast skills. all this means you cannot have evenly spaced out casts. this is not specific to cyclone as i think you're concerned about.
Last edited by soul4hdwn on Mar 26, 2014, 4:25:55 PM
Cyclone is playable once you get used to holding shift all the time. I know it doesn't make sense for shift to work with cyclone, but it solves the worst desync issues that happen with cyclone. No more "I ma not hitting these mobs, where the fuck am I?" moments.
http://i.imgur.com/8fqgfAh.png
Holding down shift made no noticeable difference for me, at least not as much as removing multistrike support. Sucks because that cuts my attack speed and thus LGOH in half but at least I don't die to desync anymore.
Shop closed until further notice. Check out my Dominus musical tribute instead:
https://soundcloud.com/hackproducer0815/dominus
Guys how do you manage the mana issues? I took a blood magic gem at lvl 35 but it is quite annoying because i am close to die to often since I am playin in Invasion league.
Cyclone with multistrike is hilarious. You have no idea where the hell you are. I didn't mind dying due to the huge desync even (like, full screen+) just because I thought it was so funny. I took out multistrike once I hit maps due to limited portals. Regular Cyclone desync has never bothered me since though, the control you feel compared to MS is just, huge.

My only issue with cyclone is that it stops way too easily due to obstructions, including every damned pebble in the game. I find using it near walls to be exceedingly difficult. I really wish cyclone would path better, as long as you click somewhere for valid movement, you should cyclone there. I hate hitting an obstruction and just stopping dead. Moving works fine, stand behind an obstruction and click on the other side, you walk around it. Same thing with cyclone? Nope, you stand there like a dummy. This is by far the most problematic thing in fighting with the skill, especially in the clutterfest that is many (most) areas of the game.

Aside from that one issue though, Cyclone is massively fun. Re: Mana issue, I went full BM with a crapton of leech (28% when everything's going), plus a little LGoH (only 2 for normal, 42 for Vaal) and LGoK (50).
Support a free Hong Kong.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with
sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo Galilei
Last edited by Archwizard on Apr 6, 2014, 3:51:04 PM
Whats you cyclone dps? mine is 5.5k tooltip dps with WED+FA+MS+FP+CE.
To solve mana problem i removed blood magic gem and started using keystone. Current mana cost is 228 with 0.2 a/s. Started using multistrike as it cuts mana cost. Might invest into reduced mana cost and start using blood magic gem agen, but atm gem combination feels very strong and cant be better with auras.
"
kavinux wrote:
Whats you cyclone dps? mine is 5.5k tooltip dps with WED+FA+MS+FP+CE.
To solve mana problem i removed blood magic gem and started using keystone. Current mana cost is 228 with 0.2 a/s. Started using multistrike as it cuts mana cost. Might invest into reduced mana cost and start using blood magic gem agen, but atm gem combination feels very strong and cant be better with auras.

23400 tooltip
cyclone/life gain on hit/added fire dmg/concentrated effect in bringer of rain.
Cyclone + multistrike is funny as hell :) Have to use almost every time OOS command after cyclone 'cos there is like 90% chance I'm somewhere else than it shows ^^.
Cyclone seems to attack four times per cycle rather than just two times.

I just tested a level 1 Cyclone along with a level 1 Cleave. Both have the exact same tooltip DPS (and attack time, for some reason...) given that Cleave attacks once at 80% effectiveness and Cyclone is supposed to attack twice at 40% effectiveness. I found that in the amount of time it takes me to hit one target once with Cleave, I'm actually hitting one target four times with Cyclone rather than twice. I also seemed to be killing mobs about twice as fast (a little slower than that since smaller hits are mitigated more by armor) as I was with Cleave. Both gems are completely unsupported and I have no attack speed from passives or gear. This may account for why many report having about double what the tooltip DPS shows.
Last edited by SoundChaser83 on Apr 20, 2014, 11:27:13 AM
I'd like to see Cyclone changed to a set mana drain based on attack speed like just about every other ability. If I'm holding the button and I've got mana I should be spinning. I don't care that there is a rock in the way. Make people manage mana drain through regen, leech, and attack speed like everything else. This I can't attack a guy in a corner or I'm dying because I'm pointing at a location I can't path to, so Cyclone won't start, doesn't make sense. Please stop this madness!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info