Cyclone

There's is an easy way to stop Cyclone from desyncing!

Just DENY to use monsters as a target for Cyclone, using point on the ground under cursor instead.

There are ways to change Multistrike+Cyclone combo in this case:

1) MS isn't workin' at all (because Cyclone CAN'T target monsters. So MS can't do that either. No additional hits in this case.

Now this combo produce HUGE desync, so it's barely playable anyway)

2) MS works in different way with Cyclone, just increasing hits/sec instead of re-target Cyclone to another monster.

What can devs say about this?
Suggestions I support:

Brand new, without flaws, set mechanic: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/117837
Last edited by narical on Feb 21, 2014, 4:47:57 AM
PLEASE
remove the random movement programming part of this skill.

stopping and hitting every god damn object nearby.

need direct control of where i want to move to.

it might help us out with the goddam desync with this skill.

another note with this skill.. VOIDBEARERS cyclone seems to like to skirt around voidbearers instead of just killin them.. or is this intended to pis us off ?
"
B3RTY wrote:
PLEASE
remove the random movement programming part of this skill.

stopping and hitting every god damn object nearby.

need direct control of where i want to move to.

It's all I've suggested btw.
There's NO random movement - you click on monster, but it's in different place in server... But you select him by it's ID, not the point at the screen...So your character cycloning "somewhere" without control... And with multistrike it takes another monsters as new targets, on his way to f**ng "somewhere", so desync grows up exponentially.
Suggestions I support:

Brand new, without flaws, set mechanic: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/117837
i have found a minor work around that does seem to help. the skill leap slam can be used to help resync the game (i have personally tested leap slam). i suspect other movement skills that involve some kind of teleport effect or moving past terrain to a specific location would also help.

the desync still needs to be dealt with but i have found that leap slam makes it much easier to deal with.

so if you want a button to sync back up with the server in most cases, for most characters i suggest you equip a smoke mine (reasonable mana cost [10 mana] and a level 1 gem should work just fine for resyncing [no major stat investment required]). i have not personally tested smoke mine (or any skill besides leap slam) but the theory seems to be sound.
Îs the tooltip dps now accurate? My cyclone deals 14k dps, my dual strike 30k with the same supports, yet both seem to kill Piety at roughly the same speed (provided she doesn't run away).
Shop closed until further notice. Check out my Dominus musical tribute instead:
https://soundcloud.com/hackproducer0815/dominus
"
holocaustus wrote:
Îs the tooltip dps now accurate? My cyclone deals 14k dps, my dual strike 30k with the same supports, yet both seem to kill Piety at roughly the same speed (provided she doesn't run away).

Cyclone realistic dps is the tooltip dps multiplied by two.
this skill is just awfull, everytime i use it i get desync and the posterior rubber band.
been stuck in all fucking corners and every obstacle on the path its not fucking funny at all, walking for 5 sec and then BUUM you are on back room stuck on the wall, seriously. Its the most desync game i ever played, i dont know how you guys even dare in put more skills on the game when the existing ones dont work how they should.
Desync is your main problem forget about balance, nerf, itemization and everything else and fix the fucking desync that is game breaking and makes your game (that is fucking awesome on all other aspects for me) feel like im playing 3 seconds behind of what i actually see in mi screen. that will make you loose more players than anything else, fix that and you will be touching the sky.

PD: hope that mi english dont hurt your eyes so much, im from Spain
Man, I thought people were exaggerating when they complained of the desync associated with Cyclone.

At least I still have time to spec this character into Spectral Throw or something. Too bad I already spent MTX points on the Cyclone alternate effects...
Desync is bad with all melee skills but especially so with Cyclone. It's like I need to bind /oos to my right mouse button to even play. I'll spec into Spectral Throw instead.
"
Hi everyone!

I dont know if this has been posted before, but i noticed that Cyclone only checks for critical strike when it is performed, and not on every hit. So, when it decides to crit, all the hits from it will crit. This is pretty unfavorable because crits are not evenly spaced, and can thus lead to problems with things such as volls protector or cast on critical strike. Is this intentional or is it going to be fixed somewhere in the future?
all skills roll crit once, then compare it against the monsters. cyclone is one of the easier performed cases of critting a LOT of times because you just spin through a group real slow, hitting a lot of times.

the only way this would be bad if somehow you dealt too much damage per hit (reflect), which isn't what cyclone does. volls will keep your power charges full if you're constantly critting. cast on crit is what people WANT in this situation, as to cast more often for "free".

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info