[3.9] Pirate's Sire of Shards Fireball Miner [Beginner/console friendly]

"
"
Cool build! Will you be updating this for 3.7?

Edit: oops quoted the wrong message

3.7 update is (finally) out! Thanks for reminding me that I need to be responsible for this stuff going forward XD

Cheers haha!! I have started this league with this build and aside from some survivability issues it's been a blast(literally)!

6-Linked with 1 fusing!!! Im so exited with the build right now. I can't wait to start mapping. Gonna tryhard this week-end to get all the gear and kill shapper and post here my feedback about the build.
Hey OP, great build, i'm having a literal blast leveling with it already in 3.7. Just a quick thing though, would you recommend going for blood magic (from malachai mask) and pick up wicked ward on our way to the witch region to go for a no mana build? I feel extremely mana starve at lvl 30 already and blood magic helped alot with that
"
Hey OP, great build, i'm having a literal blast leveling with it already in 3.7. Just a quick thing though, would you recommend going for blood magic (from malachai mask) and pick up wicked ward on our way to the witch region to go for a no mana build? I feel extremely mana starve at lvl 30 already and blood magic helped alot with that

Glad to hear you're enjoying it! I definitely didn't try using a malachai mask to level so I can't say anything for or against that, I leveled using vaal clarity starting in act 1 to alleviate mana issues. I also didn't bother running zealotry until I had the essence worm, since I found my damage more than good enough without it.
Any thoughts on how this build compares to Frostbolt mines or Ice Spear mines? I'm struggling to get the 5 link going on the Sire and feeling extremely squishy. I'm wondering if the chills from Frostbolt or Ice Spear might make it a bit safer until I have the currency to link the Sire up properly.
"
unhappymeal wrote:
Any thoughts on how this build compares to Frostbolt mines or Ice Spear mines? I'm struggling to get the 5 link going on the Sire and feeling extremely squishy. I'm wondering if the chills from Frostbolt or Ice Spear might make it a bit safer until I have the currency to link the Sire up properly.

If you are wanting a cold version, I would actually recommend freeze pulse mines over frostbolt or ice spear, unless you just love one of those skills more. Ice Spear needs a source of pierce to feel useful at all, and the frostbolt projectiles move so slowly that you aren't going to get nearly as much defensive utility out of them as freeze pulse.
"

For 5 link I'd recommend delving for the 5 link recipe (around depth lvl 61 i think) and do the jewelry orb recipe (6 slot item = 7 orb) and convert them back to fuse til you have 150 to use it on the sire. It only took me a week or so since league start to gather enough materials playing casually
Found this build and decided to try it out to avoid doing some of the meta stuff out there. Looks fun, but I can definitely say that playing remote mine feels so clunky. I guess I'll get over that with time?

I am wondering how far you've taken this build so far? Wondering if it's something I can use as a single solo the world character, or if inevitably I am going to want/need a secondary character for certain content.

Thanks!
hey, just as a heads up, +1 mine helmets can ALSO roll Hypothermia Support. I got a helmet with both of these and put ice spear in for a 6 link, and HOLY SHIT. It's the first time EVER I one shot the act 9 boss. although fireball may be VERY good (and I mean it, 2-3 mine placements clear entire legions + yellows included), putting ice spear in the helmet is a good way to make sure if you ever get a general, you can free him in about a second (if you cant shotgun or panic). I would high recommend trying it
"
mr_tac0 wrote:
hey, just as a heads up, +1 mine helmets can ALSO roll Hypothermia Support. I got a helmet with both of these and put ice spear in for a 6 link, and HOLY SHIT. It's the first time EVER I one shot the act 9 boss. although fireball may be VERY good (and I mean it, 2-3 mine placements clear entire legions + yellows included), putting ice spear in the helmet is a good way to make sure if you ever get a general, you can free him in about a second (if you cant shotgun or panic). I would high recommend trying it

That's actually fantastic to know, definitely worth noting. Appreciate it!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info