[3.9] Pirate's Sire of Shards Fireball Miner [Beginner/console friendly]

Great. This was very clear. I already knew I was going to play around with the skitterbot, since I had no idea how much it was going to chill at the time. I am currently starting with charged mines, but I just hit a6, so I won't get to really play around with it for a while yet.

I'm hoping vorici bench will hit one green and one blue so I can really mess around with the links in game, as I spent about double the average on linking my staff, so I can't really afford to recolor it right now
Brand new to POE, your build is my first and I have to say I am enjoying it. I bought a sire of shards but I am still working on getting the sockets right. I do not have kaoms heart so I am trying an energy shield variant which is proving to be unreliable. I haven't been able to pass the first trial of ascendancy at level 50... siigh... I have been all over the passive skill tree trying to find resistances and more damage mitigation. I have much to learn :), thanks for the build guide. Despite the trouble it has been a blast.
Managed to get a 6L Bramble jack and somehow got the prophesy to upgrade to wall of brambles so running that and the sire of shards.

I'm wondering if you did any testing with the Heart of Fire node since it seems like with Pyroclast and Fireball mines that node filled would be a huge damage boost.

The biggest thing would be missing life and strength nodes out to the right, but potentially taking the mana and energy shield nodes with light eater and the Machina Mitts we'd have enough sustain to make up for the lower life.
"
skills5982 wrote:
Managed to get a 6L Bramble jack and somehow got the prophesy to upgrade to wall of brambles so running that and the sire of shards.

I'm wondering if you did any testing with the Heart of Fire node since it seems like with Pyroclast and Fireball mines that node filled would be a huge damage boost.

The biggest thing would be missing life and strength nodes out to the right, but potentially taking the mana and energy shield nodes with light eater and the Machina Mitts we'd have enough sustain to make up for the lower life.

Hello! Sorry for the super late response, I've been travelling lately and haven't made time to check my build threads.

Anyway:
I haven't actually tried this passive change at all, but Heart of Flames is certainly going to boost your damage a bit so if you think you can get by with a little more life, more power to you! You should be aware though that Machina Mitts don't allow you to leech ES from HoF and similar passive nodes; they give you a new source of mine leech but don't revert the standard mine leeching rules in other situations.

Wall of Brambles is an intriguing idea for a chest, though. Especially if you pair it with Vaal Molten Shell, that's an astonishing amount of on-demand damage mitigation that should let you tank almost anything in the game.
Hi bro. First of all thanks to you for this guid. I have a question: how did u have +50% fire resistant on your Dying Sun flask? I'm new player, but i can't find this on the market, and if i understand right we can't upgrade uniq(brown) items.Or if it is ruby flask, it already given me this stas
Last edited by vbivec on Nov 18, 2019, 6:14:26 AM
The standard for Dying Sun is 50% ... it is a ruby flask but if you find the unique version on the market 50% is the default for all of them.

Up to lvl 87 now and Wall of Brambles with Vaal Molten Shell has been great. Having the extra sockets allowed me to set up a cast when damage taken with Molten Shell as well which definitely may help with life (can still trigger the Vaal skill on demand). I haven't made the swap up to Heart of Flames, but dropped the Machina Mitts idea (just not worth losing the resists and dmg on the gloves).

I'm going to set up Tremor Rod or Martyr of Innocence on weapon swap for Pyro mines. Anyone have suggestions for which would be better for straight up single target boss killing? I feel like the weapon swap and minefield add a pretty significant delay before you can trigger, but would love to figure out the best way to get the highest damage applied quickly after that.

I think overall Tremor would be more damage from each mine, but the time to trigger then trigger again is probably longer than the 100% fire damage and fire pen from Martyr (meaning Martyr a better option to get max DPS ASAP) ... that's at least my current theory.
I'm very interested in this build, but I'm worried about defense. Is there a video that killed uber elder?
"
X1_PaPa wrote:
I'm very interested in this build, but I'm worried about defense. Is there a video that killed uber elder?

No, because I never killed uber elder with a Sire of Shards and fireball.
To be honest, I only tried like... twice, barely got UE below half. But because bringing down UE back in Synthesis took me swapping to a totally different staff, it sort of by definition made it no longer this build so I didn't bother claiming it in the guide.
What do you think about Fury Valve on this build?
"
hyperionxl wrote:
What do you think about Fury Valve on this build?

I honestly have absolutely no idea how Fury Valve + Sire of Shards work together. Sounds meme-worthy in any case, I'll have to experiment with that!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info