[3.9] Pirate's Sire of Shards Fireball Miner [Beginner/console friendly]

successfully done first blight map with my 5 link and 16lvl fireball :)
btw, would that be extremely cool to have 40% more Fireball dmg enchant on helmet? IF that would be helm as we need for pseudo 6link :)
If not it probably would also be nice to have it and set up some CWDT there instead of pyroclast mine
What do you think?
40% increased fireball damage would be nice, but certainly isn't something to prioritize since it only gives you about 5% more total fireball damage. If you had your choice of any lab enchant, pyroclast mine throwing speed would probably trump all other options.

As for a CWDT setup, I would actually drop the supports for Flame Dash and/or the golem before I lost Pyro mines. I might even end up making that my recommended HC setup: CWDT-Steelskin with no supports at all on Flame Dash.
"
40% increased fireball damage would be nice, but certainly isn't something to prioritize since it only gives you about 5% more total fireball damage. If you had your choice of any lab enchant, pyroclast mine throwing speed would probably trump all other options.

As for a CWDT setup, I would actually drop the supports for Flame Dash and/or the golem before I lost Pyro mines. I might even end up making that my recommended HC setup: CWDT-Steelskin with no supports at all on Flame Dash.

there is only one elder helm with that enchant on trade :)
can't imagine how much chaoses you will spend to get immolate and concentrate :)
http://poe.trade/search/kazamonaseduta
Last edited by unhack on Sep 22, 2019, 2:07:05 AM
Is there anything else we could use instead of Golem? really tired to summon it and most time just forget about it.
btw, i swapped my skitterbots for Herald of Thunder and it seems suits me better
Is there anything else we could use instead of Golem? really tired to summon it and most time just forget about it.
btw, i swapped my skitterbots for Herald of Thunder and it seems suits me better

another thing to ask. In POoB i see 80% crit chance with 48646 average skill hit damage. But i have only like ~45% crit chance and about 25k damage with all buffs, what wrong i did? :)

upd
got some gear now i have 50% crit chance and ~32k dmg
haven't completed last lab yet
Last edited by unhack on Sep 26, 2019, 7:32:36 AM
Ah yeah, had some problem tracking that missing 30% myself. It's from checking "Lucky" in configuration, which would come from using lucky flask, I hope that is the answer to the problem (as in you missed this as I did).

"
vonzgred wrote:
Ah yeah, had some problem tracking that missing 30% myself. It's from checking "Lucky" in configuration, which would come from using lucky flask, I hope that is the answer to the problem (as in you missed this as I did).

no i did not, i calculated everything with all buffs and flasks(in battle)
now i did uber lab and buy some nice gear. I have 30k damage for fireball in tooltip and 55% critchance with flask
not really that much
What's with the added cold and charged mine supports? Do the frenzy charges help that much without any investment? We should already have power charges from tree. Obviously the first 4 links are critical for behavior, the POB suggests using Trap and Mine Damage Hypothermia, assuming chilling skitterbot is actually chilling. You can get some flat cold with a abyss jewel if you want crits to chill/freeze, and the chance to freeze on hypothermia helps there too.

Controlled destruction probably isn't terrible here either, as we don't lose that much effective crit chance.
As far as I remember the debate (around page 6 ) Charged Mines are for synergized mine laying speed (direct bonus plus indirect by frenzy charges) - but as he explained, he needs the speed because of the way he plays it. Added Cold is late addition (there was some Ice Bite snafu) and it might not be playtested well- but it's obviously for shatter factor.

Will flat cold from abyss jewel be enough for that? I am asking, I am a pure consument of others' knowledge here, as I do not possess the deeper understanding of the Ailments & secondary effects & dmg layers interaction yet. And as I learn mostly by using POB in the process of substitute - notice the effect - learn the mechanics in practical application, this build is not very friendly to my learning. POB can't handle mines as they are now, especially Pyroclast - but this forked fireball, catching target in multiple overlaying AoEs in homage to old shotgunning is also not POB friendly.
Last edited by vonzgred on Oct 5, 2019, 2:45:21 AM
"
Mageling55 wrote:
What's with the added cold and charged mine supports? Do the frenzy charges help that much without any investment? We should already have power charges from tree. Obviously the first 4 links are critical for behavior, the POB suggests using Trap and Mine Damage Hypothermia, assuming chilling skitterbot is actually chilling. You can get some flat cold with a abyss jewel if you want crits to chill/freeze, and the chance to freeze on hypothermia helps there too.

Controlled destruction probably isn't terrible here either, as we don't lose that much effective crit chance.

"
vonzgred wrote:
As far as I remember the debate (around page 6 ) Charged Mines are for synergized mine laying speed (direct bonus plus indirect by frenzy charges) - but as he explained, he needs the speed because of the way he plays it. Added Cold is late addition (there was some Ice Bite snafu) and it might not be playtested well- but it's obviously for shatter factor.

Will flat cold from abyss jewel be enough for that? I am asking, I am a pure consument of others' knowledge here, as I do not possess the deeper understanding of the Ailments & secondary effects & dmg layers interaction yet. And as I learn mostly by using POB in the process of substitute - notice the effect - learn the mechanics in practical application, this build is not very friendly to my learning. POB can't handle mines as they are now, especially Pyroclast - but this forked fireball, catching target in multiple overlaying AoEs in homage to old shotgunning is also not POB friendly.

Hello! Sorry for the delayed response, I've been taking an extended break from POE of late.

So, support gems:

Controlled destruction is your best bet for raw damage added to fireballs, but it's not better than AddedCold by enough to compensate for the utility of chilling, freezing, and shattering. I used Abyss Jewels for this in the original version of the build so I know it used to work, but I haven't tried it since 3.6. AddedCold works just fine for my needs, since the build has so much ele pen now that you aren't really punished for not specializing in pure fire damage.

Charged Mines on fireball are to suit my recklessly aggressive high-clearspeed playstyle. The damage boost from the frenzy charges is barely noticeable, the big difference is the mine throwing speed. I recommend playing around with both charged mines and minefield, because if one suits your personal playstyle more I'm certainly not going to try and talk you out of it.

Hypothermia is a TERRIBLE choice on Fireball, it's one of the many ways in which POB lies to you. Your skitterbots are great at shocking/chilling bosses, but your fireball mines are going to be carpet bombing an area multiple screens across so there's just no possible way generic enemies are going to be chilled before the salvo lands. Even if you got enough cold damage on jewels etc to consistently chill, it still means you're wasting an entire hit of damage by running Hypo.

So, re: the golem. My golem doesn't die often enough to annoy me, but if you can't stand constantly re-casting it and it feels like a wasted slot to you I'd recommend replacing it with Vaal Molten Shell. Even without armor investment, VMS is pretty ridiculously broken and gives you a few seconds where you can shrug off any hit-based damage in the game (by which I mean, not damage over time). If you go the molten shell route, consider a Rumi's flask! They're super good and depressingly underrated, rarely costing more than a couple chaos outside of hardcore leagues.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info