Wierd Latency Issues

"
wolfman2374 wrote:
in the second post. I zoned out into a random area and as you can see the number of packets at the first and last lines is more or less equal. which as I understand means there was minimal packet loss.

I think you're mis-understanding the packet loss thing.

All you need to look for in order to tell if packets are being lost is the Sent vs Received column or the % Loss column. That tells you all you need to know when it comes to loss.

the Best, Average, Worst, and Last columns are the response times itself. The biggest problem there is going to be that if you're losing 98% of the packets you're sending, then the ping times don't exactly matter. I have no idea why the packet loss is so bad there. It makes no sense at all. I'd also expect the VPN to do something to re-route the packets possibly around the network devices that are losing all that traffic.. but I guess if you have to go through them to hit the VPN anyway, it won't matter.

You can wait for a GGG response or you can send an email with your WinMTR log attached to support@grindinggear.com and they might be able to help you out a little more. At this point all I can tell you is that you're getting some really bad packet loss and it isn't on GGGs end because their server only had 1% loss compared to the 90's on all the other hops.
tnx i'll do that.
Having the same problems... The only thing different is that im geting them randomly.. One moment its fine and the other Im geting like 500-600-2k spikes while not being disconnected.. After instaling the VPN thingy nothing changed.. If you find a way to solve this problem let me know , I would appreciate it.

EDIT: Also stating that my connection shouldnt be a problem since im playing other online games without any connection issues and my normal ping is about 50-80
Last edited by Galant66 on Mar 21, 2013, 1:08:10 PM
"
Galant66 wrote:
Also stating that my connection shouldnt be a problem since im playing other online games without any connection issues and my normal ping is about 50-80

You can't compare to other games because other games are on other hardware on other networks. There's no guarantee that the route you're taking to the other games is the same as the route it takes to get to the PoE servers.

Your best bet is to run the WinMTR application as explained earlier in this thread, and to record your play session especially when you are experiencing issues. Looking at the results can help determine if a problem is happening with the connection, and possibly where it is happening.
"
Drakier wrote:
"
Galant66 wrote:
Also stating that my connection shouldnt be a problem since im playing other online games without any connection issues and my normal ping is about 50-80

You can't compare to other games because other games are on other hardware on other networks. There's no guarantee that the route you're taking to the other games is the same as the route it takes to get to the PoE servers.

Your best bet is to run the WinMTR application as explained earlier in this thread, and to record your play session especially when you are experiencing issues. Looking at the results can help determine if a problem is happening with the connection, and possibly where it is happening.

Will do that later on then,thanks.
People reported the same issues in this thread: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/152736

It's hard to say what the problem is without more tools at our disposal, all we can really tell is that certain IP addresses (servers) are dropping a whole bunch of packets for more than just one or two people...
"
Synthetic009 wrote:
People reported the same issues in this thread: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/152736

It's hard to say what the problem is without more tools at our disposal, all we can really tell is that certain IP addresses (servers) are dropping a whole bunch of packets for more than just one or two people...

Yeah.. I've noticed that certain networks are dropping a TON more packets than others. I'm not sure if it is shoddy switching equipment or what... but getting upwards of 90% packet loss in my opinion over an internet routed path is just unacceptable.
"
Drakier wrote:
"
Synthetic009 wrote:

Yeah.. I've noticed that certain networks are dropping a TON more packets than others. I'm not sure if it is shoddy switching equipment or what... but getting upwards of 90% packet loss in my opinion over an internet routed path is just unacceptable.

So if I understood.. This issue cant be fixed from my side right?
"
Galant66 wrote:

It depends on what the problem is for your situation. All situations are different. A lot of them have things in common however.

Without running the diagnostics yourself, it's hard to say what category you fall into.

Once you run the WinMTR diagnostics for a bit, we'll be able to more easily identify where the problem might be, and what possibly can be done to try to help you with it.

I just saw another thread actually where users are tracking various instance IPs and determining if there are server/hardware issues in addition to the other problems people are getting. There appears to be a small pattern emerging with a couple of servers that always are having issues.

I'll be keeping an eye on that as well to determine if anything comes of it.
"
Drakier wrote:
"
Galant66 wrote:

It depends on what the problem is for your situation. All situations are different. A lot of them have things in common however.

Without running the diagnostics yourself, it's hard to say what category you fall into.

Once you run the WinMTR diagnostics for a bit, we'll be able to more easily identify where the problem might be, and what possibly can be done to try to help you with it.

I just saw another thread actually where users are tracking various instance IPs and determining if there are server/hardware issues in addition to the other problems people are getting. There appears to be a small pattern emerging with a couple of servers that always are having issues.

I'll be keeping an eye on that as well to determine if anything comes of it.

Where do I find the host data in the Client.txt file?
Last edited by Galant66 on Mar 21, 2013, 2:47:23 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info