[3.9] Gryph's CI Vortex + Coldsnap Trickster || Uber Elder+Everything Else

"
Gryphenprey wrote:
"
Surfinn wrote:
Giving this a shot too, would love it if you could outline the passive tree progression. Thanks for the build!

I will definitely add something for this soon. For now I recommend filling out the right side of the tree and then heading over to Ele Overload and Ele Equilibrium. Fill out the nodes that grant resistances first so you can gear appropriately. Take Aura nodes last. Don't need them until you have aspect of the spider.

As you level, grab some life nodes (typical leveling a CI character advice) and respecc later.

"
Chocodisco wrote:
Good comparison between trickster and occ
About the damage,
trickster has 60% damage overtime, 20% more damage over time and 20% skill effect duration.
occ has +25% cold damage overtime multiplier and -20% cold resistence.

I dont know how to calculate and compare both DPS...
Did you calculate that?

Cheers!

My original calculations were done based on my Occultist at the time and a Trickster with the same gear+adjustments. At that time I was going to get a lot more DPS.

So, if I geared an Occultist EXACTLY like I have my Trickster, slightly adjusted tree because of different starts, Occultist does end up with SLIGHTLY more damage. Like 10k-40k more dps on Vortex. It's barely a noticeable amount when I'm already doing 3 MILLION Vortex DPS though.

Shadow gets more damage sooner on the tree, so for a long time you will have more DPS than a typical Occultist and less ES. This eventually balances out as the trees fill out.

That said, Shadow gets a lot of QoL bonuses that make me go Trickster.

Mainly:
Attack, cast, and movement speed.
ES+Mana on kill + 70% Increased Recovery Rate

These two mechanics just make the trickster SO MUCH smoother to play.

trickster's utility and defensive stats overweights occultist's little dps difference.
the amount of dodge and evade we can build on trickster makes occultist look like a useless tool.
+ got my new belt and went ur route of hatred aura addition ^^
feeling pretty good.

Trust your mind and strengthen your abilities!
Last edited by MrsDeath_ on Apr 20, 2019, 3:32:47 AM
"
MrsDeath_ wrote:

trickster's utility and defensive stats overweights occultist's little dps difference.
the amount of dodge and evade we can build on trickster makes occultist look like a useless tool.
feeling pretty good.

Trickster is awesome. :D
Also, THAT BELT! I tried getting that but he wouldn't budge on the price. Been up for sale since like week 1 of the league. haha.

But, mine is ALMOST as good and I corrupted it myself.

Made some changes to my tree and 1 gear slot.

I decided that since I have 13.1k ES I could afford to lose some for more DPS.

I dropped down to 12,220 ES from 13,093 and now have 3.74 Million Vortex Dps.

I dropped path of the Savant and Void barrier for 3 Jewel Sockets. Added might of the Meek to the socket north of the witch start.

In total (in addition to the new gloves) I gained about 700k dps.

Also got Cannot Be Cursed with Silence on Might of the meek because Reflection is still bugged. I hate that that curse still works. >_<
"
Gryphenprey wrote:
"
MrsDeath_ wrote:

feeling pretty good.

Trickster is awesome. :D
Also, THAT BELT! I tried getting that but he wouldn't budge on the price. Been up for sale since like week 1 of the league. haha.

But, mine is ALMOST as good and I corrupted it myself.

Made some changes to my tree and 1 gear slot.

I decided that since I have 13.1k ES I could afford to lose some for more DPS.

I dropped down to 12,220 ES from 13,093 and now have 3.74 Million Vortex Dps.

I dropped path of the Savant and Void barrier for 3 Jewel Sockets. Added might of the Meek to the socket north of the witch start.

In total (in addition to the new gloves) I gained about 700k dps.

Also got Cannot Be Cursed with Silence on Might of the meek because Reflection is still bugged. I hate that that curse still works. >_<

i ll give the glove crafting a chance
gonna try to get cold dot + delirium
Just wanted to say thanks again, the progression was actually pretty straightforward for leveling. Thanks for considering a leveling outline.

Um.. I just faced Mino, my first guardian.. holy fuck that was literally the easiest I've ever killed any of them (this is WITH a harbinger going off in my face in the middle of the fight). His health evaporated and I only moved once or twice, I think he was dead in 10 seconds. The damage sustain is incredible.. and (at this stage) only had 850k DPS with Vortex.

This is exactly the kind of build I was looking for.. the one that can do everything and has layered defense. I'm coming from a glass cannon necro/spectre build, which was fun but I got tired of being one shot. This is fun/satisfying too, love dropping the vortexes/balls and feeling like Shaper

I'm pretty confident I'm going with this build again next league. Very happy so far, I'm at 8.2k shield and looking to get it up to 9-10k with the rest of the wheels.

EDIT: Hydra and Shaper down, easy

Double edit:

I think I just had my luckiest crafting experience ever in PoE. I used about 50 or 60 alts and got the tier 1 cold damage multiplier. I completely misread one direction in the OP, which said to imprint the MAGIC state. I thought I was imprinting the RARE state.. so I accidentally used a regal.

So, I was then stuck with a rare item with three affixes, two of which I needed to get rid of. I went ahead and just annulled and pressed forward with my 1/3 chances. Got real lucky and successfully isolated my cold damage over time affix.. my heart was pounding lol. Got the rest made, pretty good rolls. When I have more currency later I may try to divine the last bit of cold dmg over time but.. very very happy with it working out lol.
Last edited by Surfinn on Apr 20, 2019, 8:59:21 PM

i think it went well.
i ll lose just 50 es.
"
MrsDeath_ wrote:

i think it went well.
i ll lose just 50 es.

Nice, how are you able to roll 100% ES on your craft? The highest I see is 40% ES and 28 life on my craft bench.
Hi, I'm lost in terms of how to increase my dps further. Currently sitting @ 1 mil vortex shaper dps. The obvious to me now is that I can go for auls amulet and a bottled faith. But still I feel like im missing something.

https://pastebin.com/FkJBGJbB - my character.
@Gryphenprey

I must be blind.. how are you gaining frenzy charges?
"
Surfinn wrote:
Just wanted to say thanks again, the progression was actually pretty straightforward for leveling. Thanks for considering a leveling outline.

Um.. I just faced Mino, my first guardian.. holy fuck that was literally the easiest I've ever killed any of them (this is WITH a harbinger going off in my face in the middle of the fight). His health evaporated and I only moved once or twice, I think he was dead in 10 seconds. The damage sustain is incredible.. and (at this stage) only had 850k DPS with Vortex.

This is exactly the kind of build I was looking for.. the one that can do everything and has layered defense. I'm coming from a glass cannon necro/spectre build, which was fun but I got tired of being one shot. This is fun/satisfying too, love dropping the vortexes/balls and feeling like Shaper

I'm pretty confident I'm going with this build again next league. Very happy so far, I'm at 8.2k shield and looking to get it up to 9-10k with the rest of the wheels.

EDIT: Hydra and Shaper down, easy

Double edit:

I think I just had my luckiest crafting experience ever in PoE. I used about 50 or 60 alts and got the tier 1 cold damage multiplier. I completely misread one direction in the OP, which said to imprint the MAGIC state. I thought I was imprinting the RARE state.. so I accidentally used a regal.

So, I was then stuck with a rare item with three affixes, two of which I needed to get rid of. I went ahead and just annulled and pressed forward with my 1/3 chances. Got real lucky and successfully isolated my cold damage over time affix.. my heart was pounding lol. Got the rest made, pretty good rolls. When I have more currency later I may try to divine the last bit of cold dmg over time but.. very very happy with it working out lol.

I'm glad you're enjoying the build. :) pretty lucky with those alts and annuls.

"
Surfinn wrote:
"
MrsDeath_ wrote:

i think it went well.
i ll lose just 50 es.

Nice, how are you able to roll 100% ES on your craft? The highest I see is 40% ES and 28 life on my craft bench.

It's the Hybrid Es% + life and Es%. Two separate crafts.

"
Surfinn wrote:
@Gryphenprey

I must be blind.. how are you gaining frenzy charges?

Cold snap generates frenzy charges on kill. I also have a +2 min frenzy charges off hand shield for bosses/map start.
Ah, that makes sense. Thanks so much for the explanations.. and for the build. :) I've only died twice since leveling 70ish+, and both were me standing in dumb positions.
Last edited by Surfinn on Apr 21, 2019, 11:27:49 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info