[3.9] Gryph's CI Vortex + Coldsnap Trickster || Uber Elder+Everything Else

Taking it back. Was a noob question. Great build!
Last edited by _WK_ on Apr 17, 2019, 10:48:16 PM
It is awesome build.
Is there any budget option for league start player?
Cheer!
"
Gryphenprey wrote:
"
MrsDeath_ wrote:
destroyed cortex under 10 seconds every phase ^^
this build will be in my every league must builds with my jugg :D
i added some dmg to tree and jewels.
still 12k es since i think we need no more es.

Nice! Yeah I've gotten to the point in my DPS where I can basically instant phase Uber Elder now. With my new chest I'm sitting at 13k ES, seriously considering dropping the EV/ES% Craft for the 10% Spell Dodge one. I'd go back down to about 12k ES if I did that.

I might do some SSF to see how this performs as a league start as I started with Occultist this league. I imagine it should be a breeze.

On a side note: I was looking at your character and tree: You have the Trap and Mine damage nodes taken at the shadow start instead of the Elemental damage nodes...probably should fix that. :)

oh yeah it was my old trapper :D
forgot to fix that ty
Trust your mind and strengthen your abilities!
"
Chocodisco wrote:
It is awesome build.
Is there any budget option for league start player?
Cheer!

Yes! In the gear section I cover the high end and the low end gear. Basically get as good as you can at whatever point you're at in the game.

The build has no *required* uniques and can run very effectively on rares/cheap uniques.

Makes a good league start too because it levels so smoothly. I use Freeze Pulse+Explosive Trap+Frost bomb (typically 1-shots packs as you run) until 12 where I can get blade vortex for the boss/single target.

At 16 get Cold Snap and enjoy 1-shotting everything :D
At 28 you get Vortex and that's it. Enjoy free-rolling the story. ^^
Thanks for sharing the tips.
If you don't mind, can you share how to level at the league start, especially before shifting to ES...
Cheers!
"
Chocodisco wrote:
Thanks for sharing the tips.
If you don't mind, can you share how to level at the league start, especially before shifting to ES...
Cheers!

Sure. I level as Hybrid Life+ES. You can grab some of the close by life nodes as you go if you want to, and then respec later.

Don't be afraid to spend a little currency on mediocre ES gear at league start before maps.

I usually go CI once I get to around 5-6k ES.

You should feel pretty overpowered while leveling anyways. Get your ascendancies, Normal and Cruel (Ghost Dance -> Escape Artist) will be the most important for your defenses. Merc lab will help with sustain. Uber lab is just more damage.

Ghost dance -> Escape Artist -> Patient Reaper -> Prolonged Pain

Hope that helps!
Thank you very much for sharing those tips!
Giving this a shot too, would love it if you could outline the passive tree progression. Thanks for the build!
Good comparison between trickster and occ
About the damage,
trickster has 60% damage overtime, 20% more damage over time and 20% skill effect duration.
occ has +25% cold damage overtime multiplier and -20% cold resistence.

I dont know how to calculate and compare both DPS...
Did you calculate that?

Cheers!
"
Surfinn wrote:
Giving this a shot too, would love it if you could outline the passive tree progression. Thanks for the build!

I will definitely add something for this soon. For now I recommend filling out the right side of the tree and then heading over to Ele Overload and Ele Equilibrium. Fill out the nodes that grant resistances first so you can gear appropriately. Take Aura nodes last. Don't need them until you have aspect of the spider.

As you level, grab some life nodes (typical leveling a CI character advice) and respecc later.

"
Chocodisco wrote:
Good comparison between trickster and occ
About the damage,
trickster has 60% damage overtime, 20% more damage over time and 20% skill effect duration.
occ has +25% cold damage overtime multiplier and -20% cold resistence.

I dont know how to calculate and compare both DPS...
Did you calculate that?

Cheers!

My original calculations were done based on my Occultist at the time and a Trickster with the same gear+adjustments. At that time I was going to get a lot more DPS.

So, if I geared an Occultist EXACTLY like I have my Trickster, slightly adjusted tree because of different starts, Occultist does end up with SLIGHTLY more damage. Like 10k-40k more dps on Vortex. It's barely a noticeable amount when I'm already doing 3 MILLION Vortex DPS though.

Shadow gets more damage sooner on the tree, so for a long time you will have more DPS than a typical Occultist and less ES. This eventually balances out as the trees fill out.

That said, Shadow gets a lot of QoL bonuses that make me go Trickster.

Mainly:
Attack, cast, and movement speed.
ES+Mana on kill + 70% Increased Recovery Rate

These two mechanics just make the trickster SO MUCH smoother to play.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info