[3.9] Gryph's CI Vortex + Coldsnap Trickster || Uber Elder+Everything Else

"
Hi, very nice build, i actually level it up and i have some questions, if you mind answer.

- You don't have many jewels, you just don't like or they scale poorly with dot build like this ?

- what do you think about taking Ethereal Feast or Light Eater ?

Ty for your very good job.

Jewels are great! The build is very tight on points though. In my tree I take thing like Ash, Frost, and Storm, for example. This could easily be a 3-point jewel socket with ES, damage, and resists. My personal preference is the reduced ele reflect damage taken to stack with Soul of Yugul for reflect maps is more worth it to me. (Also jewels are expensive haha) By all means though, if you wanna take more jewel sockets do it. Just bear in mind what you're giving up for them instead.

Ethereal Feast and Light Eater are not helpful with DoT builds sadly. We only make hits with Storm Brand and Orb of Storms and those don't do much damage for us to leech off of. Better to get an ES on hit Watcher's Eye.

Hope this helps!
Last edited by Gryphenprey on Apr 14, 2019, 8:33:39 AM
"
Gryphenprey wrote:
Been crafting some chests.

The second one is a WIP. I finally got the 3 Fossil Suffixes I wanted on one of these. All that's left is to meta craft it. Just gotta build up that sweet sweet currency again. ^^

there is a problem with endurance charges.
this build does not rely or build around phy reduction.
its based on evade and dodge. getting 3 endurance charges would do nothing for our build.
its essencially useless.
Trust your mind and strengthen your abilities!
Last edited by MrsDeath_ on Apr 15, 2019, 9:23:37 AM
"
MrsDeath_ wrote:

there is a problem with endurance charges.
this build does not rely or build around phy reduction.
its based on evade and dodge. getting 3 endurance charges would do nothing for our build.
its essencially useless.

It's still 12% phys mitigation--another layer of defense.

It's certainly not *needed* and there are many things I would focus on before getting a chest with that implicit, but it is still a nice bonus.
Last edited by Gryphenprey on Apr 15, 2019, 1:03:28 PM
Hey! Update on my play. I have managed to do the shaper, elder, and uber elder all on my first try, and this is my first league. Extremely fun build, and very fun to map with.

Also, how did you manage to make your synthesised 15% cold dot implicit sai for only 2ex + 22c? The mods required to get it are insanely expensive.
"
kittyyyyy wrote:
Hey! Update on my play. I have managed to do the shaper, elder, and uber elder all on my first try, and this is my first league. Extremely fun build, and very fun to map with.

That's awesome! I'm glad you're enjoying the build. :)

"
kittyyyyy wrote:
Also, how did you manage to make your synthesised 15% cold dot implicit sai for only 2ex + 22c? The mods required to get it are insanely expensive.

Specifically the base only cost me 2ex 22c. I bought 3 fractured items with Cold DoT Multi as the fractured mod. Scour->regal->annul them and then synthesize.

Of course, rolling the dagger after that is a lot more.
"
Gryphenprey wrote:
"
Hi, very nice build, i actually level it up and i have some questions, if you mind answer.

- You don't have many jewels, you just don't like or they scale poorly with dot build like this ?

- what do you think about taking Ethereal Feast or Light Eater ?

Ty for your very good job.

Jewels are great! The build is very tight on points though. In my tree I take thing like Ash, Frost, and Storm, for example. This could easily be a 3-point jewel socket with ES, damage, and resists. My personal preference is the reduced ele reflect damage taken to stack with Soul of Yugul for reflect maps is more worth it to me. (Also jewels are expensive haha) By all means though, if you wanna take more jewel sockets do it. Just bear in mind what you're giving up for them instead.

Ethereal Feast and Light Eater are not helpful with DoT builds sadly. We only make hits with Storm Brand and Orb of Storms and those don't do much damage for us to leech off of. Better to get an ES on hit Watcher's Eye.

Hope this helps!

Wow, very nice. Thanks for answering. If you can i keep bothering you a little :

- Why elemental equilibrium ; we engage 99% of the time with cold skill, and ours other skill don't do as much damage. So monsters have + cold resistance thanks to that so, what i've miss ?

- Yugul + ash frost and storm is absolutely amazing. Thanks for tips.

- Hatred if for your watcher eye ? Without he is useless right?

- Some of other vortex boy using enchant with + aoe size, it is just for smoothing the mapping or it's near mandatory with the right items?

Last edited by Jueyintan on Apr 16, 2019, 12:53:03 PM
"

Wow, very nice. Thanks for answering. If you can i keep bothering you a little :

- Why elemental equilibrium ; we engage 99% of the time with cold skill, and ours other skill don't do as much damage. So monsters have + cold resistance thanks to that so, what i've miss ?

- Yugul + ash frost and storm is absolutely amazing. Thanks for tips.

- Hatred if for your watcher eye ? Without he is useless right?

- Some of other vortex boy using enchant with + aoe size, it is just for smoothing the mapping or it's near mandatory with the right items?

Elemental Equilibrium is used because our skills are Damage Over Time

And while they do hit they only do so once per cast.

This is why we use the mod "Trigger a Socketed Spell when you use a skill" on our weapon. And slot in rapid-hitting duration based lightning skills (Storm brand+Orb of Storms)

This is what let's us consistently gain the benefits of EE.

On trash you won't even notice anyways. But it's especially noticeable on bosses.

ON A SIDE NOTE!

This beastly boi is finished for the time being.
it has 959 total Trickster ES (Assuming level 20 Discipline)
Prefixes:
T1 Flat
T1 Hybrid EV/ES%
Crafted EV/ES%

Suffixes, 3 T1 "of the Underground":
49/50 EV/ES%
Arcane Surge Support
25/25 Aura Effect

When I get another 100ex or so I will be trying to get Tier 2 EV/ES% (91-100) and T1 Flat EV/ES. This would bring it up to over 1k Trickster ES.

destroyed cortex under 10 seconds every phase ^^
this build will be in my every league must builds with my jugg :D
i added some dmg to tree and jewels.
still 12k es since i think we need no more es.
Trust your mind and strengthen your abilities!
"
MrsDeath_ wrote:
destroyed cortex under 10 seconds every phase ^^
this build will be in my every league must builds with my jugg :D
i added some dmg to tree and jewels.
still 12k es since i think we need no more es.

Nice! Yeah I've gotten to the point in my DPS where I can basically instant phase Uber Elder now. With my new chest I'm sitting at 13k ES, seriously considering dropping the EV/ES% Craft for the 10% Spell Dodge one. I'd go back down to about 12k ES if I did that.

I might do some SSF to see how this performs as a league start as I started with Occultist this league. I imagine it should be a breeze.

On a side note: I was looking at your character and tree: You have the Trap and Mine damage nodes taken at the shadow start instead of the Elemental damage nodes...probably should fix that. :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info