[3.9] Divine Ire Totems Hierophant. Elder, Shaper, Uber Elder, Sirus!

Quick question: you are taking crit notes but also linking controlled destruction.

Doesn't Controlled destruction disable to crit with spells due to the 100% reduced crit chance?
"
Quick question: you are taking crit notes but also linking controlled destruction.

Doesn't Controlled destruction disable to crit with spells due to the 100% reduced crit chance?

You get increases and reductions to your crit chance from items, gems, and skill points. These are added up and then applied to crit chance.

Let's say we have 500% increased crit chance (reasonable amount at level 85 with decent gear). If we socket in Controlled Destruction, we lose 100% increased crit so we're down to 400% increased crit chance. Of course we get a lot more damage in return.

You'll still crit fairly often and you get a lot more guaranteed damage too.
Wouldn't the Tukohama's Fortress get you a lot of damage by sacrificing MoM ?
"
relix66 wrote:
Wouldn't the Tukohama's Fortress get you a lot of damage by sacrificing MoM ?

You can get a +1 totem shaper shield with none of the drawbacks of TF, which is why the price of TF dropped so drastically.
"
coskungurel wrote:
"
Apoc8 wrote:
"
RwOzm wrote:
I did this build on the end of 3.7 and I love it.
So this will be my starting char for 3.8!
any changes in 3.8?

I've been really busy focusing on School and Classic WoW currently, but I'll definitely take a look at the changes that were made in 3.8. Just to see if there are any worthwhile changes that can be made.

As far as I can tell, there is no difference in passive tree, ascendancy and skill gems.

Only big difference IMHO is anointments. What notable is the best to anoint on an amulet so that we can refund as many passive points as possible?

I have never done a totem build before and I want to use this build as my starter for 3.8. I would love to see more tips for leveling and early - mid game gearing.

Can you suggest this build for someone who likes lazy builds and minimal flask spamming or should I consider other options?

Thanks for this great build and cannot wait to try it.

Having just imported the build into PoB and then converted to the 3.8 tree, the only difference I can find is that the Alchemist cluster has been removed from the passive tree.

I vaguely recall reading something about that and thought they'd mentioned something about moving it closer to the Ranger section for thematic reasons, but I can't find it at all now.

So that's 3 points saved, but also 26% increased flask effect, 10% increased flask duration and 10% increased damage during any flask effect lost. Hmm.
i recommend to level with arc totems!ire totems for single target..super fast leveling :)
Currently level 83 on a 5 Link Soul Mantle (5L are only about ~30c atm).
This build is an absolute faceroll. Place 2 totems at pack, move, place 2 totems, move rince and repeat – great clear speed!
Also no problems with survivability, I am at 3.9k Life, 1.4k Mana and MoM (Uber Lab not done yet).

Since Summoner is Meta atm gear is quite cheap.

Thanks for the guide, it's a really fun build. I've been trying to dual wield this. They're not great for survivability but I don't know how they are in terms of dps compared to the guide suggestion. I wish we didn't need a math degree to calculate dps in this game.
Does Rain of Splinters jewel work with this build?
This looks like a fun build and tower defense league needs some towers :P, anyone got to the later levels yet with this build and how is it holding up?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info