(3.14) Toxic Rain + Caustic Arrow | 5-10m Sirus DPS | Fast + Durable | 50c Budget/SSF Uber Elder

Thanks for the guide typicaldemon. Was able to kill uber elder in first week of the league.
Lovely build, have been enjoying it!
Winter's white blanket swaddles all.
https://youtu.be/swW-MBvabyQ

T16 Chimera with a lot of really nutty map mods (there was unique boss HP+AoE, % Lightning damage, Ele weakness, Monster attack/cast/move speed, etc). Okay'ish gear, ~4.6k hp and 500 ES. You're still able to live with this build through insane damage mods and handle it all np.

T16 Hydra: https://youtu.be/cNvDePqfCdw

T16 Minotaur: https://youtu.be/pmk0alpjbI0

Big boy Phoenix (temp chains, 60% boss hp, 70% boss aoe, 99% damage as fire, 92% extra dmg as lightning, monsters poison on hit). https://youtu.be/LTFeL1hYdzg

All deathless with corrupted or unID'd maps and tough mods. Did several full rounds of deathless guardian runs, build handles them np.. Just have to know how to use blink arrow properly.
Last edited by Enzymaticc on Jun 14, 2019, 11:05:44 PM
"
fisheyz wrote:
Hey man, looking to try out the build in SSF. I was thinking on Pathfinder tho for the flasks/extra poison, I'm afraid I might lacks survivability.. What do you think?

Realy good guide!! :D

I would heavily recommend you do not play pathfinder. There's no other way to say this: Pathfinder is bad. Play Trickster. You do more damage, have more mitigation, have a larger total pool, and have better recovery. There is no conceivable reason to play Pathfinder with the current iteration of Trickster.

"
naimhairix51 wrote:
hey guys, should i focus on getting a quiver first or +3 bow? which one is mandatory??

The quiver is quite literally to be lazy. You can just push frenzy. In reality, the quiver is "bad". You could use a real quiver and gain resists or use a Soul Strike/Drillneck. I don't want to push Frenzy, so I use Maloney's. Get your bow, its 80% of the build.

"
chaoval wrote:
Did anyone consider going EB? If we use a rare hybrid chest, then we probably won't even need discipline and reduced mana reserveation nodes.

EB is going to get you killed a lot, but you are welcome to try it. When a Ghost Shroud is removed, we regain 2000+ Energy Shield. If this is going to our EB instead, we're going to die.

"
Thanks for the guide typicaldemon. Was able to kill uber elder in first week of the league.
Lovely build, have been enjoying it!

I like you.

"
Enzymaticc wrote:
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/439152384

T16 Chimera with a lot of really nutty map mods (there was unique boss HP+AoE, % Lightning damage, Ele weakness, Monster attack/cast/move speed, etc). Okay'ish gear, ~4.6k hp and 500 ES. You're still able to live with this build through insane damage mods.

Good showcase, although you might want to find some more ES somewhere :)
What would you use for a 5L before you get your crafted bow? Say in a Quill Rain or a 5L QotF?
i think i got good mod here 2x t1 :D
"
typicaldemon wrote:

"
chaoval wrote:
Did anyone consider going EB? If we use a rare hybrid chest, then we probably won't even need discipline and reduced mana reserveation nodes.

EB is going to get you killed a lot, but you are welcome to try it. When a Ghost Shroud is removed, we regain 2000+ Energy Shield. If this is going to our EB instead, we're going to die.

Sorry, should've been clear - MoM EB. I respecced a little, tried out TR with +3 VP multimodded bow, the damage seemed to be just tiny bit higher than ED/blight (and probably only because of wither stacking to full that I don't do on ED at the moment), the playstyle is more defensive with TR slow, but aoe and clearspeed is worse than that of ED-contagion/blight.
^Actually when I was fiddling with my ED tree some time ago I forgot to put a point in MoM and so basically I got the bonus objective for guardian maps on a 4k hp build without noticing lol (blasphemy tc and curse effectiveness nodes helped).

If anyone wants to try out MoM EB, I suggest a tree like this @lvl91 (ignore spreading rot): https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/3.7.1/AAAABAYCAQPuBAcFtQbnBx4IiQj0DkgPqxEtEZYTbRQJFr8byBzcHb4fQSLqIvQkiyU_JogmlSj6LJwwcTIBM4czozY9OkI8tkWdSRNJUUmxS3hMg0yzUUdTUlVLVcZcQF1oXfJh4mHrYqxqQ2qMbAtsjG0ZcNR0gXWedoJ8g3_Ggh6Cx4PbhMWFMofLiEKJ4I2_jxqP-pMfkyeVBZUul5WX9JhTmuCa8Zu1nAKdqqEvotmjo6QFp5uw2LEwshm00bVItzC4k7kCvOq-isHFwzrIDMgUyqnPFc96z93UI9ZU18_aO9sL3ajmWOjW6-7viPDV8Yr1b_k3-aQ=?accountName=chaoval&realm=pc&characterName=Do_You_Miss_CWDT_IC
each jewel socket should have some %life jewel with damage or resist stats (maybe one of them should be %es instead of life depending on your gear to make it so that ES=Life*3/7)
"
chaoval wrote:
"
typicaldemon wrote:

"
chaoval wrote:

Sorry, should've been clear - MoM EB. I respecced a little, tried out TR with +3 VP multimodded bow, the damage seemed to be just tiny bit higher than ED/blight (and probably only because of wither stacking to full that I don't do on ED at the moment), the playstyle is more defensive with TR slow, but aoe and clearspeed is worse than that of ED-contagion/blight.
^Actually when I was fiddling with my ED tree some time ago I forgot to put a point in MoM and so basically I got the bonus objective for guardian maps on a 4k hp build without noticing lol (blasphemy tc and curse effectiveness nodes helped).

If anyone wants to try out MoM EB, I suggest a tree like this @lvl91 (ignore spreading rot): https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/3.7.1/AAAABAYCAQPuBAcFtQbnBx4IiQj0DkgPqxEtEZYTbRQJFr8byBzcHb4fQSLqIvQkiyU_JogmlSj6LJwwcTIBM4czozY9OkI8tkWdSRNJUUmxS3hMg0yzUUdTUlVLVcZcQF1oXfJh4mHrYqxqQ2qMbAtsjG0ZcNR0gXWedoJ8g3_Ggh6Cx4PbhMWFMofLiEKJ4I2_jxqP-pMfkyeVBZUul5WX9JhTmuCa8Zu1nAKdqqEvotmjo6QFp5uw2LEwshm00bVItzC4k7kCvOq-isHFwzrIDMgUyqnPFc96z93UI9ZU18_aO9sL3ajmWOjW6-7viPDV8Yr1b_k3-aQ=?accountName=chaoval&realm=pc&characterName=Do_You_Miss_CWDT_IC
each jewel socket should have some %life jewel with damage or resist stats (maybe one of them should be %es instead of life depending on your gear to make it so that ES=Life*3/7)

I was talking about EB/MOM. It will ruin your characters defenses for virtually zero gain. If your Ghost Shrouds go to your EB, your main HP pool doesn't receive any sustain and you just die.
I see you missed one of the questions, that's pretty related to Legion and that is: how good is the build it terms of "tagging" the Legion.

One of the nemesis of the melee meta is their inability to tag it as efficient as most spells. I know Scourge Arrow does a good job but haven't tried TR
"
typicaldemon wrote:

I was talking about EB/MOM. It will ruin your characters defenses for virtually zero gain. If your Ghost Shrouds go to your EB, your main HP pool doesn't receive any sustain and you just die.

It doesn't really, lol. While mapping all of that is irrelevant because of patient reaper, while bossing you will restore health with flasks anyway, while ES is still instantly restored from the shrouds. EB MOM also means that I don't need -mana affixes or clarity watchers eye and I can reserve 100% of my mana.
Last edited by chaoval on Jun 15, 2019, 11:42:27 AM
Quick Shaper run I recorded from earlier, for anyone interested:

https://youtu.be/4oBRGoWJFKM

I believe shapers health was buffed up for this league but this build still handles it quite well. I really like how toxic rain has a good combination of solid map clearspeed and boss damage (so you don't really need to sacrifice either. Phase acro etc seems to be performing incredibly strong this league and the survivability is good.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info