(3.14) Toxic Rain + Caustic Arrow | 5-10m Sirus DPS | Fast + Durable | 50c Budget/SSF Uber Elder

"
resisnex wrote:
"
malinVautour wrote:
Is the dmg a lot better with carcass jack over QotF ?

The damage is much more with carcass jack over qotf. Top TR dps characters on poeninja use it instead qotf, and I also use cj sometimes for carrying or running "increased hp" maps

Hey hope you don't mind me creeping your profile, you seem to play this build very actively. Grace feels amazing defensively, but most others seem to have it slotted in non helm just for the vaal cooldown on bosses I would assume. Are you using Mana reserve version? OP mentions it and I made the flip after getting one shotted by a pack of quill shooters.

Feedback from anyone on this obviously welcome! I'm coming from PS4 and have only played from Synthesis+ league.
Last edited by maka140 on Oct 3, 2019, 7:55:51 AM
"
maka140 wrote:
I made the flip after getting one shotted by a pack of quill shooters.
If you mean the porcupines that explode on death, your best defense as a bow build is to keep your distance. The further you are the less likely multiple projectiles will hit you and just one won't kill you, it's usually melee builds that get 1-shot because they get all of the projectiles at once.

If you mean the spitting plants in vaal areas / temple incursions, these are projectile spells and best you can do is some chaos resistance and spell dodge.
If anyone else playing this is having issues with mana, do yourselves a favor and get an enduring mana flask. Preferably of staunching. Enduring mana flasks are completely busted OP right now.

I can spam this flask at the beginning of a map and have 25s of super high mana regen + bleed immunity. By the time it runs all the way down, I'll have gained back my charges on the flask. It's a great way to deal with mana sustain until you can get better gear.
"
Viktranka wrote:
"
maka140 wrote:
I made the flip after getting one shotted by a pack of quill shooters.
If you mean the porcupines that explode on death, your best defense as a bow build is to keep your distance. The further you are the less likely multiple projectiles will hit you and just one won't kill you, it's usually melee builds that get 1-shot because they get all of the projectiles at once.

If you mean the spitting plants in vaal areas / temple incursions, these are projectile spells and best you can do is some chaos resistance and spell dodge.

They were definitely humanoid and it was a ranged attack, looked like a bunch of Spears or something that were red. Might have just been bad RNG, just thought to myself that probably would not have happened with grace.
"
maka140 wrote:
They were definitely humanoid and it was a ranged attack, looked like a bunch of Spears or something that were red. Might have just been bad RNG, just thought to myself that probably would not have happened with grace.
Could be a type of demon / abomination like this one: https://gamepedia.cursecdn.com/pathofexile_gamepedia/c/c9/Tentacle_Miscreation.png?version=3f93ce9df50bad627ac8d4cc6a305a6d

Yes, evasion should help with these, you can also sidestep as their missiles shoot at a direction where you were standing (they aren't namelocked to you / homing).

"
bridgeburner wrote:
If anyone else playing this is having issues with mana, do yourselves a favor and get an enduring mana flask. Preferably of staunching. Enduring mana flasks are completely busted OP right now.
I'd say it's probably the best to use warding (anti-curse) on these as bleeding doesn't happen all the time, while curses happen often as a map affix so you're stuck with temp chains / vulnerability / enfeeble / ele weakness for the whole map duration.
"
Viktranka wrote:

"
bridgeburner wrote:
I'd say it's probably the best to use warding (anti-curse) on these as bleeding doesn't happen all the time, while curses happen often as a map affix so you're stuck with temp chains / vulnerability / enfeeble / ele weakness for the whole map duration.

Yea I probably will try to roll one for curses so I don't have to keep re-rolling temp chains maps.
"
bridgeburner wrote:

I can spam this flask at the beginning of a map and have 25s of super high mana regen + bleed immunity. By the time it runs all the way down, I'll have gained back my charges on the flask. It's a great way to deal with mana sustain until you can get better gear.

There is a reason why this guide strongly emphasizes -mana cost on rings... having even 2 -8-9 is almost necessary.
My suggestion (IF you can afford it) is to drop mana flask and get watcher eye of bleed immunity and vaal clarity. Trickster has no problem sustaining mana while mapping thanks to on kill replenishing and only struggles at big bosses. We have so much increased skill effect duration that 4l setup like inc duration - phase run - vaal clarity - vaal grace is extremely good. Pop phase run between packs for great MS boost and pop vaal skills at bosses for capped dodge/spell dodge for ~15-18 second and infinity mana for ~30 seconds. Using +3 non-VP bow that's enough time to kill even most t16 shaper guardians (except chimera).
"
MrOleg wrote:
"
bridgeburner wrote:

There is a reason why this guide strongly emphasizes -mana cost on rings... having even 2 -8-9 is almost necessary.
My suggestion (IF you can afford it) is to drop mana flask and get watcher eye of bleed immunity and vaal clarity. Trickster has no problem sustaining mana while mapping thanks to on kill replenishing and only struggles at big bosses. We have so much increased skill effect duration that 4l setup like inc duration - phase run - vaal clarity - vaal grace is extremely good. Pop phase run between packs for great MS boost and pop vaal skills at bosses for capped dodge/spell dodge for ~15-18 second and infinity mana for ~30 seconds. Using +3 non-VP bow that's enough time to kill even most t16 shaper guardians (except chimera).

I should have specified. I'm in SSF so. I have to make due with what I can find. Don't have the higher tier -mana yet.
Is there any saving this bow I made a huge mistake on?

"
P_larker wrote:
Is there any saving this bow I made a huge mistake on?

Not really.

You could scour off the crafts, hit it with an annul, and hope it takes the +1 to bow gems... but your VP level is the lowest it can be anyway, and an annul is probably worth about what you'll pay in alterations to re-roll the VP.
Current league IGN: Teldra_Anc_LAD
Feel free to message me in game if I'm on.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info