(3.14) Toxic Rain + Caustic Arrow | 5-10m Sirus DPS | Fast + Durable | 50c Budget/SSF Uber Elder

"
Viktranka wrote:
Advice

Thanks! I'm new to red maps so I'm still figuring a bunch of these things out. This build is definitely not optimized, but that's kind of what I was looking for; how much would it cost to make it so. So thanks for all the pointers!

This character actually started out as a CA/TR build, so the CA is kind of left over after I switched over to main TR. But I will say, swapping CA into my bow does make it hit pretty hard. At this point I don't use it as much, so I'll look into swapping those gems out.

The tree I did take a blend of this build and tried adding more damage to it. However, even going full glass cannon I really didn't get the damage I was hoping for, so I pulled back to this hybrid I have now. Good call on the cluster jewel, I didn't realize Wasting Affliction didn't do anything for TR, I'll pick up something new.

I did look at +2 support bows in POB, and I know POB isn't 100%, but what's the big advantage? Right now, if I switch to a 20ex +3 bow thats currently up for sale, my DOT dps stays almost the same (105k to 103k). Is there something I'm missing?
Last edited by theories311 on Apr 2, 2020, 9:23:44 AM
"
Hey guys approximately how many alts have you used to isolate t1 DoT and t1 Attack speed on end game bow?

I have my doubts because I'm currently closing in on 3000 alts and I've started to feel that i might do something wrong. Never crafted in this game so i'm kinda noob, maybe someone could verify that i'm trying to isolate them correctly?

I basically spam alts until i see suffix: Of Liquification (t1 DoT) and then i regal it and expect to see attack speed, scour and repeat.
Am i doing it correctly, maybe there is better way?

Thanks!

I spent 10k+ alts i think, and more than 20 prefixe and sufixe beasts.

Finally made the bow... My back from all the currency farming...
"
theories311 wrote:
But I will say, swapping CA into my bow does make it hit pretty hard.
Yeah gem swapping it to bow could have some uses. Leaving it in the chest on a 5-link and not getting gem bonuses from bow? Probably weak damage. If you want play with gem swap or weapon swap, it's viable.

"
theories311 wrote:
However, even going full glass cannon I really didn't get the damage I was hoping for
Yeah it's a dot build, it will never phase bosses in 1 second or bust fat mobs instantly, if you're looking for that you'd have to make a different build / character.

"
theories311 wrote:
I didn't realize Wasting Affliction didn't do anything for TR
Yep it's only for poison / bleed / ignite.

"
theories311 wrote:
I did look at +2 support bows in POB, and I know POB isn't 100%, but what's the big advantage? Right now, if I switch to a 20ex +3 bow thats currently up for sale, my DOT dps stays almost the same (105k to 103k). Is there something I'm missing?
If it's 20ex then it's probably better to craft one yourself. It should cost around 10ex.

With the +2 to supports you get +2 on all your awakened gems, you also get +2 on empower which balances out the +2 to bow gems you're getting on TR now.

But more importantly, you should be able to get at least one good mod before multimodding, atm you have dexterity, poison and projectile speed, so it's a fairly weak combo. Even if you get just attack speed or just damage over time multiplier suffix, it's better than what you have now.
Just so I am not messing up understanding PoB, when using a +1 dex skills neck it seems I have to manually add 1 to all my dex skill. It doesnt seem to add them like for say my bow or empower. Is this correct or am I doing something wrong?
IGN PoopyPotter
"
Phloozy wrote:
Just so I am not messing up understanding PoB, when using a +1 dex skills neck it seems I have to manually add 1 to all my dex skill. It doesnt seem to add them like for say my bow or empower. Is this correct or am I doing something wrong?
It used to be the case, yes, I guess the guy didn't update it yet then, default pob is missing a lot of stuff for example thread of hope is not implemented or any blighted uniques.
is it worth to work on cluster jewel ??? seems cluster jewel abit expensive
"
memonemo wrote:
is it worth to work on cluster jewel ??? seems cluster jewel abit expensive
Well depends what other upgrades you can get... I just bought a very nice cluster for 130c which is much cheaper than 3ex it used to be.
Would using inpulsa be viable?

Thanks!
Any thoughts on what upgrade should I go for next that would be a significant DPS increase? Probably jewelry/jewels/gloves? (although I got pretty tired of shopping and then having to play around with resists)

Not sure how to link jewels without respeccing and removing them from my tree but I'm running a large/medium cluster combo:
Large:
- Unholy Grace
- Unwaveringly Evil
- Wicked Pall
- 2 Jewels

Medium:
- Eternal Suffering
- Exposure Therapy
- 1 Jewel

Jewel 1:
- 4% to chaos DOT multiplier
- 7% increased attack speed with bows