(3.14) Toxic Rain + Caustic Arrow | 5-10m Sirus DPS | Fast + Durable | 50c Budget/SSF Uber Elder

"
Hello,

I am leveling this build, would appreciate if someone could suggest me a few things i couldnt find in the original guide.

1. What is a good leveling weapon, is silver crude bow good till we get ourself a +1/+2 bow?

2. most of the items listed are quite pricey already, are there any other alternatives to the ones mentioned by the OP?

3. any suggesstion to someone who is leveling? tips maybe for survivabilty or more damage

1. You can level with any bow. Silverbranch / Silverbough are good "twink" options if you have them linked, and yes, any +1 / +2 bow with enough links is a good option, these +gems work only when skill is in bow so if it's in your tabula it really doesn't matter what bow you have. Just use fairly fast base.

Some people use quill rain for levelling but imo it creates too many mana issues and also carries damage penalty so not sure if that's worth it.

2. You can start mapping with cheap items, i.e. life / resist rares, you can get cheap bow with buying imperial legacy cards or the outcome of it (6l imperial bow) and using "Shrieking Essence of Dread" on it (cost me 3c, don't buy Deafening, it does the same for higher price). Also buy lvl 20 corrupted toxic rain, it's dirt cheap and people are gimping themselves going into maps with lvl 17-18 gem.

You can use praxis, thief's torment or ye olde mana flask (just roll enduring mod on it) until you get to the point you can get -mana rings.

You don't need vertex, just get high ES helmet, worst case drop 1 aura until later when you can buy vertex / enlighten.

You don't need queen of the forest, lots of cheap chests that make sense, evasion+es rare, carcass jack, kintsugi, cherrubim's maleficence, but atm no link QOTF is cheap already.

You don't need maloney's, you can use good rolled hunter quiver forever, as a starter hyrri's bite or a rare will work too.

Atziri's step is cheap, you can use ms + resists rare if you're lacking resist cap. I often use rainbowstride from 53 just to cap resists.

You don't need dying sun, you can leave that for much later.

3. For levelling I don't know any "advanced" strats, I just use toxic rain + caustic arrow both while levelling especially if I'm on 4-links still (drop 1 CA then keep casting TR), You can use skitterbots early as some extra source of chill / shock especially if you can't handle malevolence's high mana reservation. Self cast despair on bosses. For survivability just get enough life on gear / tree and try to stay resist capped or close to it. I think the only times I die during levelling is when I neglect resists and end up being 1-shot by spellcasters. Run around and kite stuff (I once got 1-shot by Voll's charge because I didn't move).
"
Viktranka wrote:
"
Hello,

I am leveling this build, would appreciate if someone could suggest me a few things i couldnt find in the original guide.

1. What is a good leveling weapon, is silver crude bow good till we get ourself a +1/+2 bow?

2. most of the items listed are quite pricey already, are there any other alternatives to the ones mentioned by the OP?

3. any suggesstion to someone who is leveling? tips maybe for survivabilty or more damage

1. You can level with any bow. Silverbranch / Silverbough are good "twink" options if you have them linked, and yes, any +1 / +2 bow with enough links is a good option, these +gems work only when skill is in bow so if it's in your tabula it really doesn't matter what bow you have. Just use fairly fast base.

Some people use quill rain for levelling but imo it creates too many mana issues and also carries damage penalty so not sure if that's worth it.

2. You can start mapping with cheap items, i.e. life / resist rares, you can get cheap bow with buying imperial legacy cards or the outcome of it (6l imperial bow) and using "Shrieking Essence of Dread" on it (cost me 3c, don't buy Deafening, it does the same for higher price). Also buy lvl 20 corrupted toxic rain, it's dirt cheap and people are gimping themselves going into maps with lvl 17-18 gem.

You can use praxis, thief's torment or ye olde mana flask (just roll enduring mod on it) until you get to the point you can get -mana rings.

You don't need vertex, just get high ES helmet, worst case drop 1 aura until later when you can buy vertex / enlighten.

You don't need queen of the forest, lots of cheap chests that make sense, evasion+es rare, carcass jack, kintsugi, cherrubim's maleficence, but atm no link QOTF is cheap already.

You don't need maloney's, you can use good rolled hunter quiver forever, as a starter hyrri's bite or a rare will work too.

Atziri's step is cheap, you can use ms + resists rare if you're lacking resist cap. I often use rainbowstride from 53 just to cap resists.

You don't need dying sun, you can leave that for much later.

3. For levelling I don't know any "advanced" strats, I just use toxic rain + caustic arrow both while levelling especially if I'm on 4-links still (drop 1 CA then keep casting TR), You can use skitterbots early as some extra source of chill / shock especially if you can't handle malevolence's high mana reservation. Self cast despair on bosses. For survivability just get enough life on gear / tree and try to stay resist capped or close to it. I think the only times I die during levelling is when I neglect resists and end up being 1-shot by spellcasters. Run around and kite stuff (I once got 1-shot by Voll's charge because I didn't move).

Thanks for your reply, much appreciated. Reached level 47 so far lol 7 hrs 22 min /played im not good at this xD

linking my gear/stuff here for reference.. i still need resits havent capped them yet at act 6.. lets see might replace some uniques with rares, what to drop is always the tough question.

Really hate Maven as a boss and its mechanics! pls give us something cool like Elder/Shaper
Anyone here able to clear the Simulacrum? I got to Wave 18 and then it turned into a one-shot fiesta...

I probably have to do a much better job at kiting, but rubber banding becomes a problem as the mobs can tank.
"
SadSong wrote:

What i should multimod on this amulet?

Out of curiosity did that drop or did you craft it? If you crafted it, how did you go about it? I'm finally starting to get into crafting this league but still pretty new to it all.
"
Xaldibik wrote:
"
SadSong wrote:

What i should multimod on this amulet?

Out of curiosity did that drop or did you craft it? If you crafted it, how did you go about it? I'm finally starting to get into crafting this league but still pretty new to it all.

It is listed on this thread.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2077932
"
Anyone here able to clear the Simulacrum? I got to Wave 18 and then it turned into a one-shot fiesta...

I probably have to do a much better job at kiting, but rubber banding becomes a problem as the mobs can tank.

I did it today, died 2 times but it was easier than expected.
Damage at full life is showing as more dps than empower 4 in path of building. Is that because I am using a +1 skills +2 bow skills bow and not a full +3 crafted bow? Or is this a case of not trusting PoB?
IGN PoopyPotter
Last edited by Phloozy on Apr 1, 2020, 4:49:52 PM
"
Phloozy wrote:
Damage at full life is showing as more dps than empower 4 in path of building. Is that because I am using a +1 skills +2 bow skills bow and not a full +3 crafted bow? Or is this a case of not trusting PoB?
It's more of a case of trusting yourself of always staying on full hp, anytime you get hit and it hits more than your ES and goes to life, you'll have a basically 5-link. If you can pull it off and never get hit, go for it.

The +2 to support gems takes over once you start using awakened supports and then empower is mandatory to not lose levels on your main skill.

Spent all 3ex I had getting to here. Has adding +2 to level of socketed support gems worked here, or should I stick to the attack speed (local), unique/rare enemy attack speed, and Chaos DoT Multiplier?
"
Jelloslayer wrote:

Spent all 3ex I had getting to here. Has adding +2 to level of socketed support gems worked here, or should I stick to the attack speed (local), unique/rare enemy attack speed, and Chaos DoT Multiplier?
You cannot craft +2 to support when it has +2 to bow, the game won't let you, it'll say "the item already has a mod of this type", so yeah, all you can do is craft chaos multiplier and one of the attack speed mods. Keep in mind multimod says now "can have up to 3 crafted modifiers" but in reality, it's 2. Multimod itself takes a slot, so it's "can have multimod and 2 others".
Last edited by Viktranka on Apr 1, 2020, 6:49:30 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info