[Retired Thread] Wallach's Hierophant Holy Flame Totems (Old)

"
Ballislife32 wrote:
Hi, I haven't taken the time to read through all of the comments on this build, but i do have a question. I was about to just go with the ascendency passives that you had suggested and I noticed that ARCANE BLESSING takes care of what the other 2 keystones ( Conviction of Power and Divine guidance) seem to not be able to do. I am just curious if there is some other reason as to why you wouldn't want to go with the arcane blessing and maybe why. I understand that the endurance charges add a bit more survivability to the build but is that the only reason? POB says that going the arcane blessing route gives about 20k more dps and i believe that is per totem. Anyway, I would love to hear back about this cause I'm assuming I'm just missing something there. Thanks in advance :)

That ascendancy only gives level 1 arcane surge. I get that by linking an arcane surge gem to flame dash. You could get it that way then just take illuminated devotion for the 40% increase, or go divine guidance for defense.
Last edited by Autkast on May 17, 2019, 1:59:45 AM
How do you think the damage is gonna be next season without the synthesis rings?
So all you really end up having is playing the economy, and plowing maps. And if you want to get anywhere on your character, you are better off mowing monsters down like weeds and just collecting pennies of the ground as fast as possible than any meaningful item hunting.
"
How do you think the damage is gonna be next season without the synthesis rings?

Quite a bit lower - if I just swap out the two Circles of Anguish my character is wearing in Synthesis I go from about 3m total DPS to 2m total DPS (before Vaal Righteous Fire). Still pretty good all things considered.

Sorry I haven't been around much; Synthesis wasn't too exciting of a league outside these new skills and I'm currently busy with the MK11 vortex. I'll probably return close to Legion launch and update this build once patch notes are out if any of the changes are relevant.
Last edited by Wallach on May 23, 2019, 12:39:46 AM
love the build. but in you PoB link controlled destruction does not show up in the calculations ( no -100 crit chance). Also crit chance is lucky, How can this be. You have no flask with that mod.
"
blackbird3000 wrote:
love the build. but in you PoB link controlled destruction does not show up in the calculations ( no -100 crit chance). Also crit chance is lucky, How can this be. You have no flask with that mod.

Controlled Destruction does not remove your critical strike chance, it reduces it by 100%. So if I had +500% critical strike chance increasing my base crit from 5% to 30% for example, Controlled Destruction would reduce it to +400% (or 25% critical strike chance).
Last edited by Wallach on May 30, 2019, 11:58:54 PM
After reading the manifesto I'm pretty confident this will be my league starter again for 3.7.

Once patch notes land tomorrow and I can see things a little more clearly I'll start updating the guide, but there doesn't appear to be much of anything that will change significantly for this build other than the loss of damage from Synthesis uniques going away (which I didn't even know existed at the time I league started this build to begin with).

The only real question will be if the mana nodes behind Mind Over Matter exist anywhere else or if they're just getting straight up removed. If they're just gone I suppose those points (plus one more) could go into Mind Drinker but it will still be a noticeable loss of mana pool. Since this build will be going back to Essence Worm and 0 mana reservation it'll be a pretty small change overall, though.
Last edited by Wallach on Jun 4, 2019, 12:08:55 AM
What are you looking at to replace Immortal Call now that it doesn't give immunity? I was thinking that Steelskin could be an ok replacement, and then possibly switching to leap slam as a movement skill to benefit from the fortify damage reduction as well. this could require a bit of extra investment in dex at certain points in the build though to support the gems. leap slam now always stunning full life enemies would also be a nice way to not get accidentally killed when rushing around too fast (for me anyways)

or does the fact that Ancestral Bond blocks us from dealing damage with skills ourselves mean that fortify can't proc at all since fortify requires "on melee hit"?

I am rather new to PoE still so I have possibly foolish questions :)
Last edited by Scathias on Jun 4, 2019, 3:55:41 AM
"
Scathias wrote:
What are you looking at to replace Immortal Call now that it doesn't give immunity? I was thinking that Steelskin could be an ok replacement, and then possibly switching to leap slam as a movement skill to benefit from the fortify damage reduction as well. this could require a bit of extra investment in dex at certain points in the build though to support the gems. leap slam now always stunning full life enemies would also be a nice way to not get accidentally killed when rushing around too fast (for me anyways)

or does the fact that Ancestral Bond blocks us from dealing damage with skills ourselves mean that fortify can't proc at all since fortify requires "on melee hit"?

I am rather new to PoE still so I have possibly foolish questions :)

You can still proc Fortify with Ancestral Bond, since it only needs to hit, not deal damage. I just don't mess with it because we don't have great access to attack speed compared to cast speed, and I don't want to be on top of enemies to proc Fortify in the first place. If it fits your playstyle though there's no reason you can't do so.

As for Immortal Call, I'm waiting until patch notes to decide if I'm going to remove it from the build or not. My gut instinct says Immortal Call will still be very good for this build since it now also reduces elemental damage, and we generate free endurance charges for it. The fact that it now has a cooldown really isn't that relevant since I don't feel like you are under pressure defensively that often; usually your totems are taking the heat, so if it only has like an 8 second CD I could see just leaving it as-is (even letting CWDT fire it).
Good points there, i hadn't considered the effect the rest of our cast speed vs attack speed would have on how well the movement skills worked.

Which brings me to my next question. Why do you run Lightning Warp and Flame Dash? Is Lightning Warp just a back up for if/when you run out of charges on Flame Dash and because you can afford to run a secondary movement skill because you use so few gem slots?
"
Scathias wrote:
Good points there, i hadn't considered the effect the rest of our cast speed vs attack speed would have on how well the movement skills worked.

Which brings me to my next question. Why do you run Lightning Warp and Flame Dash? Is Lightning Warp just a back up for if/when you run out of charges on Flame Dash and because you can afford to run a secondary movement skill because you use so few gem slots?

It's more for particular map cases where Flame Dash cannot reach across a gap that Lightning Warp can, and since the gem slots are there to make it basically instant it's nice to be able to jump those gaps (like being able to cross the river in act 5/10 at the broken bridge instead of going around to the working bridge).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info