[Retired Thread] Wallach's Hierophant Holy Flame Totems (Old)

Thanks for the guide, Wallach - I chose your build to round out all my boss kills for 37 challenges. Shaper, Uber Atziri, Uber Elder, depth 300 delve boss, and 83 Cortex, all done. Coming from VSC pathfinder and chaos conversion trickster, it felt slow and relatively weak. With that said, the power of "drop totem stay safe" carried me through the brutal, mod-raged Cortex.

I tried to model my gear as close to you as possible, with only a few tweaks. I would have liked more eHP, and fossil crafting was not kind to me. Perfectly balancing resists made me cringe with all that fire res from scorched, but I did it.

Hope you enjoy the rest of your journey to 100.

Coming here from MS Jugg ... and I hope I finally ding challenge 36 for wings with this char and build :)

Now I am in Act 10, everything is smooth with crappy lvl gear I am looking forward for mapping and bossing.

I had good Jugg, but i cant play melee char, too noobish. Totem playstyle is much better for me, every league.
Last edited by HELLERcz on Apr 11, 2019, 4:19:45 AM
Great guide, When approaching your DPS numbers, did you consider,
and if so, why did you rule out multiple totems support ? Do the 2 extra totems
DPS not cover the individual loss x4.
Last edited by muddzlinga on Apr 11, 2019, 7:14:56 PM
Wallach I'm trying to take a version of your build through HC. Can you check out my HC modified version so far and see if you have any suggestions. Obviously my skill tree looks different as I headed for more life nodes t omake it HC friendly and give me room for error.

I just recently bought my second CoA ring but sold it quickly and went back to EW because I reserved too much mana to hit 100k in ho DPS per totem. Since then I have started to take more mana nodes so I can go back to a damage boost CoA. I found the less mana reserved version only gave me 100 mana which was meh compared to saving for a buff booster CoA.
"
muddzlinga wrote:
Great guide, When approaching your DPS numbers, did you consider,
and if so, why did you rule out multiple totems support ? Do the 2 extra totems
DPS not cover the individual loss x4.

That's basically it; you don't get a DPS increase going from 4 to 6 totems because of the large damage penalty applied to all totems combined with the loss of an additional support. I think it's like break-even or so when going from 3 to 5 totems, but it's easier to hit 4 totems in Synthesis so this isn't particularly relevant in my opinion (at least for Hierophant and our free +1 totem).

"
Vampyrex wrote:
Wallach I'm trying to take a version of your build through HC. Can you check out my HC modified version so far and see if you have any suggestions. Obviously my skill tree looks different as I headed for more life nodes t omake it HC friendly and give me room for error.

I just recently bought my second CoA ring but sold it quickly and went back to EW because I reserved too much mana to hit 100k in ho DPS per totem. Since then I have started to take more mana nodes so I can go back to a damage boost CoA. I found the less mana reserved version only gave me 100 mana which was meh compared to saving for a buff booster CoA.

I'm generally pretty reluctant to give advice for HC since I am a SC player and you probably already have better intuition for what your character needs. What I would say is that it's especially important for you to ensure your mana ratio is correct once you take Divine Guidance (your mana pool should be just over 2/3rds your life pool) or that you at least do something like Blood Magic Support link your Flame Dash so you can't get mana-blocked at low life.

Looking at your character the one thing I would say is that the Circle of Anguish rings are not going to be worth equipping if they don't have the Increased Buff Effect affix for Herald of Ash, which neither of the rings on your character do. Increased Fire Damage is not bad but it is not worth equipping the ring for generally.
Do you have a dislike for uniques, or is there simply nothing good enough for this build?
In particular, how well would Martyr of Innocence work?
"
Vampyrex wrote:

Yeah i'm in a rough spot with my circle of anguish rings in HC. I can't find a affordable buff boost version to save my life currently there's only one that has been for sale for 3 weeks at 3 Ex so I just thought the damage and fire resist boost would be acceptable until I can find one.

I am trying to do what I can on my passive tree to reduce my mana reservation from anger and HoA by slotting those gems into a 15% reduction shield. My mana pool is back up to 1,000 now which is way better than the 500 I was at before. Should I drop anger and suffer the damage hit to increase my mana further for increased safety? I'm just worried my damage is going to drop too low to down these mapping bosses as fast.

I'm currently able to get 148k DPS per totem now which I guess is very low for this build? I'm searching for the crit boost boots and have not found all trials to ascend yet so those two things should help me a lot I'm assuming once I start getting those power charges.

Any other tips regarding my auras, mana reservation, and the passive nodes I took? Or maybe other gear changes I should be targeting? I currently have 2ex to spend and my priorities are buff boost ring then crit chance boots then more ES and armour on my chest piece.
Last edited by Vampyrex on Apr 17, 2019, 10:41:11 AM
"
Wallach wrote:

Looking at your character the one thing I would say is that the Circle of Anguish rings are not going to be worth equipping if they don't have the Increased Buff Effect affix for Herald of Ash, which neither of the rings on your character do. Increased Fire Damage is not bad but it is not worth equipping the ring for generally.

Yeah i'm in a rough spot with my circle of anguish rings in HC. Im negotiating with a guy to try and get my first buff boost it's a 99%. SHould I be aiming for two buff booster anguish rings? Does the boost percentages stack? Or get one boost and one mana reserve damage?

I am trying to do what I can on my passive tree to reduce my mana reservation from anger and HoA by slotting those gems into a 15% reduction shield. My mana pool is back up to 1,000 now which is way better than the 500 I was at before. Should I drop anger and suffer the damage hit to increase my mana further for increased safety? I'm just worried my damage is going to drop too low to down these mapping bosses as fast.

I'm currently able to get 148k DPS per totem now which I guess is very low for this build? I'm searching for the crit boost boots and have not found all trials to ascend yet so those two things should help me a lot I'm assuming once I start getting those power charges.

Any other tips regarding my auras, mana reservation, and the passive nodes I took? Or maybe other gear changes I should be targeting? I currently have 2ex to spend and my priorities are buff boost ring then crit chance boots then more ES and armour on my chest piece.
Last edited by Vampyrex on Apr 18, 2019, 12:33:48 PM
Did you ever look into an Indigon version of this build?
What would it take to convert? They generally have 10k mana pools, I’m not sure how we
could achieve that with a similar set up but I know the DPS would be Godly.
ok, trying this out as my other build sucked basicaly ( i just didn't like the play style )

This is my gear ( no gems or jewels yet ) and would the gear be good enough for solo beachhead's for example so i can gain a few lvls

also, the spell damage on amulet, does that also apply to totems or do i need flat fire damage?

Last edited by Eag1e on Apr 19, 2019, 12:45:31 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info