[3.6] Low Budget - 10 Curse Winter Orb CI Occultist - 6.8 mil Shaper DPS. VIDEO BUILD GUIDE

I'm struggling with damage on this build - currently have the five linked staff, and tier 9 bosses are dying very slowly even with an active diamond flask. Survivability is good with immortal call/ the occultist ES node. Would anyone give me some tips to improve my dps? here's the toon: https://pastebin.com/EyC01WYt
My face when I'm lvl 91 up to T14 maps and I'm still 1 trial away from doing uber lab... fml
So just looking this build over still and before i go face first into reworking my witch for this i got a few questions.

1: What kind of jewels do you run in the skill tree? i looked around the guide and couldn't find it, unless i'm blind

2:if you happen to have a legacy pyre (the one that gives you 100% dmg conversion) would that be better?

3:where are you getting the other 50% damage conversion mentioned under the pyre ring section?

Besides that love the idea of the build, i have waiting for a curse build using some of the new curse items, and thank you for your hard work.
"
I'm struggling with damage on this build - currently have the five linked staff, and tier 9 bosses are dying very slowly even with an active diamond flask. Survivability is good with immortal call/ the occultist ES node. Would anyone give me some tips to improve my dps? here's the toon: https://pastebin.com/EyC01WYt

Some suggestions:

1) Use an augmentation in some flasks to get one more stat;

2) Give quality to your Flasks;

3) Buy a Dying Sun to get more projectiles;

4) If you need more speed, you could use Quicksilver with adrenaline;

5) Gems Level 20 with 20% quality. I know they are expensive, but it is an upgrade... or at least level 19 with 16% quality, so you will only need 4 Gemcutter Prism and just one level to 20 and the price may be much lower;

6) You have ONE random intelligence node allocated. I don't think you need those 10 intelligence as a witch... near "Written in Blood" in the Chaos Innoculation side of the tree;

7) Just my oppinion... I think you could test to remove the 3 nodes from Essence Surge and the random intelligence node and, with those 4 nodes you could take "Potency of Will" that will give you 45% increased Skill Effect Duration, so you need to cast Winter Orb less frequently to have high number of stacks;

8) Near "Melding", if you put a jewel "Energy from Within", you can get higher percentages of Energy Shield from the 4 nodes near it;

9) If you are lacking speed, phase run could help;

10) If you change one of the Winter Orb Support Gems for a gem that could intensify the damage for boss fights it may help.
“There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.”
― Albert Einstein
Last edited by jacarishe on Mar 31, 2019, 7:21:23 PM
"

1. You can get some cheap jewls that offer cold damage/spell damage/ multiplier/ staff cast speed.
2. Your second ring can be switched out for something more useful in my opinion.
3. You are at 6100 ES that is more than I at level 90 or 91 with only 5200...remember a strong offense can be considered a strong defense. I have tested my build on guardian (hydra) and can easily go through corrupted tier 15 maps.
4. I invested in voidwalker murder boots which gives a ton of dex, and seems really defensive to me due to "phasing" and pierce additional targets is a bonus. consider trying this on ur build.
5. A cheap stygian vise is a good option for extra damage, and the extra jewl slot allows you to add even more damage. there are plenty cheap stygian on market with resist/little es/spell damage.
6. Most importantly your gem setups I think are way off, consider looking back at the guys original guys setup.
7. consider Infused Channeling vs elemental focus in ur 5-link setup

My current setup: still needs a ton of work:
https://pastebin.com/ErFzGYC8
I love this build, but I'm gonna be stuck on a 5-L Realm Ender forever. Tried my hand at crafting and this is what I got....

Do you recommend a cwc divine ire and wave of conviction build?
Last edited by mchotdog33 on Apr 3, 2019, 8:01:14 AM
"
KMunay wrote:
So just looking this build over still and before i go face first into reworking my witch for this i got a few questions.

1: What kind of jewels do you run in the skill tree? i looked around the guide and couldn't find it, unless i'm blind

2:if you happen to have a legacy pyre (the one that gives you 100% dmg conversion) would that be better?

3:where are you getting the other 50% damage conversion mentioned under the pyre ring section?

Besides that love the idea of the build, i have waiting for a curse build using some of the new curse items, and thank you for your hard work.

1. here are the jewels I'm using right now, you have to look to the PoB link to know what jewels OP is using

2. yes, and you would be able to use something different in your weapon slot

3. Realm Ender has the implicit "socketed gems are supported by level 5 cold to fire", and that's the rest of the conversion
Sent from my Einhar Technologies Multidimensional Beast Net
"
KMunay wrote:

1: Anything that gives flat cold is ideal. That on some extra ES and crit.

2: Legacy pyre would be great. It should allow you to choose a different weapon, possibly something that's a pseudo 8 link.

3: Realm ender gives level 5 cold to fire, which converts 50%.
Thank you for the reply! guess i never realized cold to fire was 50%. then my last question would be, if no realm elder, then do you have any recommendations for weapons then?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info