[3.11] Divine Ire Hierophant (Self cast)

"
ehei wrote:
So, I farmed up an Oni-Goroshi - thoughts on using that to level? Or is that a dumb idea because of X (like no shield, or some other reason).

Oni-Goroshi has nothing on it we want, except being 6L. I would not recommend it.
"
homie1984 wrote:
Noob question:
You advice to use ES leech on six link as sixth gem. usually u will obtain a 6-link quite late in the game. Do you use any life leech before that?

No, not really. The life leech boot enchant is nice though, and will be added to the guide later.
Hello, I realy like your build and i realy enjoye to play it, its very fun ! :D

I just don't understand how you equip the dagger, like how can i get more dexterity?

Thanks for all the good work :) have a nice day :p
Last edited by nérius on Mar 13, 2019, 9:28:28 AM
I also really like this build especially with Mark of Submission and Assasins Mark in it. However, I dont understandd why we use Harald of Ash and Divine Fury. At least I barely do any fire damage so why boosting it?

Why not Zealatory or Wrath instead?
Last edited by homie1984 on Mar 13, 2019, 1:10:58 PM
"
homie1984 wrote:
I also really like this build especially with Mark of Submission and Assasins Mark in it. However, I dont understandd why we use Harald of Ash and Divine Fury. At least I barely do any fire damage so why boosting it?

Why not Zealatory or Wrath instead?

Wrath adds 1.75x damage compared to Herald of Ash, for 2x the mana reservation cost. Our usage of MoM makes us want to keep our mana high. The less we reserve the better.

Regarding why we're boosting fire damage, it's pretty simple: We're not focusing on lightning damage. Herald of Ash + Divine Fury adds a total of 20% physical damage as extra fire damage. This is quite potent, deceptively so. "Gain as extra" is not affected by damage effectiveness. On top of that, Divine Fury boosts our lightning damage too.

Disregard the "Fire spells" portion of it. The passive then gives us 24% inc damage, which affects both lightning and fire, as well as 5% extra fire damage. With the passive leading up to it, it's 40% increased damage. 20% increased damage per point, and extra fire damage on top, is quite valuable.
The way to think about added damage, and damage conversion in general, is that it adds base damage.

We convert 100% of physical to lightning. 5% physical added as fire then means that we get 105% total damage resulting from our physical.

This is why I'm focusing on physical and generic elemental damage.

With Herald of Ash, our goal weapon, and Divine Fury, that's 35% base damage in the form of fire we wouldn't otherwise get. This is scaled by physical damage, fire damage, elemental damage, spell damage, the whole shebang.

134% of our physical damage is becoming lightning damage. That's 100% conversion, and 34% increased base damage, this one affected by physical increases, elmental increases, and lightning increases. Our rings give us a bit extra lightning damage that doesn't affect the phys to fire conversion, but has full effect on the rest of our damage.

"Gain X% of Y damage added as extra Z damage" is in my opinion the strongest possible stat we can have, when Y is physical or lightning. Cold isn't quite as good, and fire is even worse. It doesn't matter much what the resulting damage is, any element or even chaos is going to be very strong.

For reference, we've got x7.15 increased damage and x106.04 more damage (including Divine Ire's 1900%) on lightning and cold, which works out to 758.18. On fire, we have x6.67 and x107.97, which works out to 720. As you can see, it's a minor difference. Still there, no doubt, but small enough that getting fire damage added from physical is still potent.

EDIT: Doing some more math, this means that we do 5% more lightning damage than fire damage.
Last edited by Lilyliciously on Mar 13, 2019, 5:37:42 PM
Hi Lily, thanks for your guide! It was very helpful when deciding my leaguestarter. (playing SSC btw)

My opinion, and my current character (char name is IraFunesta):
Divine Ire is soooo fun! I've had a blast (haha) so far slicing through enemies and bosses alike.

I am currently using a mix between your life/es hybrid and the Divine Ire cwc Wave of Conviction build you can find here https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2451875

I am using a Cerberus Limb/shield combo for more survivability, es and life, but i think when i'll get the chance (and the moneey) i'll switch to the Cwc Shaper staff, although it's gonna be sick expensive.

I am not converting all to lightning, but keeping some fire for the extra dmg, and so far i've not taken MoM, but i will, as soon as i figure out the endgame gear. Not having Mom helps with the damage: i am using HoA and Zealotry aura, for sick dmg and crit!

I've not done any high tier maps yet, but i've just completed uber lab in a very easy way, even argus wasn't a problem.

Anyway, thanks for the guide! Have fun!

Edit: forgot to mention i'm using Holy Flame totem for bosses, as well as Wave of Conviction with unleash and some supports for short, close range, high dmg bursts.
Last edited by jjf9 on Mar 13, 2019, 11:04:53 PM
I'm actually testing Holy Flame Totem right now, so you're on to something there!
Hey. Why do you get Ghost Reaver on the tree if you don't have any source of life leech?
"
highwind123 wrote:
Hey. Why do you get Ghost Reaver on the tree if you don't have any source of life leech?

Yeah, it's good question. Even PoB tells, that "No changes from allocating this node". Lily?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info