[3.11] Divine Ire Hierophant (Self cast)

Im playing this in regular synthesis HC, any recommendations for min max gear?
Last edited by konrad252 on Mar 10, 2019, 7:10:35 PM
"
tululum wrote:
Hi, thanks for the build. Unfortunately, I find it too clunky and weak and will respec to something else for mapping. The divine ire spell benefits from standing in a pack of mobs (so the stages load up faster) but the defenses are just too weak to be standing immobile in a pack of mobs doing barely anything for half a second. It is possible to balance it by not standing in a pack of mobs, but then the stages slowly load up one by one and the DPS becomes rather low. I especially feel this issue at boss fights with large health pools - I have to dodge bosses' attacks often and therefore can only cast for fractions of a second which is barely enough for 4-6 ire stages which leads to my hits being very small. I am slicing through whites, but for rares or uniques I just can't get this build to work so I will respec. Maybe I am undergeared (SSF SC - rushed through story in 8h so no farming for gear or anything, but other builds i played recently didn't need any more gearing/farming/overlevelling during the story and performed much, much better still).

Anyway, good luck at SSF HC and thanks for the build. The guide is solid. I just couldn't get it to work for me (and I have 2.5k hours, but that doesn't mean anything ofc).

EDIT: Also, even though damage output for whites/blues is good, damage projection is rather bad. Area of damage around you is very small and the beam is also rather thin (in lower stages - and it often doesn't pay off to wait for one more second to load it up to be wider). Therefore, its literally impossible to hit everyone on screen with one hit, which makes you recast, which slows you down even further. Didn't matter much during the story, but I like full-clearing maps, so would hurt much more in the end game. Compared to autotargeting spells such as arc or brands, which have perfect projection but lower raw damage, I find them to be better (at least for me). Even though the raw damage output of those are lower, the damage is always projected onto the enemies reliably, which balances it (in my opinion).

I have the EXACT same feeling and experience with this build, I really like the skill and want it to work but I completely agree with everything you say here, I have tried to upgrade my gear a bit (as i'm not SSF) even then its still just underwhelming in regards to other skill options out there.
Any idea of something that would be easy to respec into as I do not have much currency yet,
Well, i'm testing this bild right now, and it's pretty good. Would be wonderful if you give people damage oriented tree, though.
Aaaand, we all wait future updates
"
Thoromuerte wrote:
Well, i'm testing this bild right now, and it's pretty good. Would be wonderful if you give people damage oriented tree, though.
Aaaand, we all wait future updates

do you think there is enough survivability? I'm hoping to be at least semi tanky due to the immobility of channelling
Have started out with this one, slightly changed (noticed this thread after starting my own DI), the thoughts are:

1. This is fully viable for HCSSF. Right now I'm on ~4.5k life/es combined and fine doing yellow tier maps without really dropping low even during breach visits. (lvl 82) That's while having utter shit gear and barely managing to get a 5-link.
2. Skill is fun to play with, easy to survive packs around you, since they don't really have enough time to even attack you (0.4 seconds of channeling is enough to kill white packs and maybe 1 and some seconds for white packs)

My confusions considering this specific build:

1. Why faster casting remains in our main damage link? It barely adds enough cast speed once we get our own CS on the tree, so it's just a dead link which could be replaced with something like added lightning dmg or conc effect.
2. Why no auras and only a single herald? We can go hatred/HoI at least (one of those) without too much detriment to our MoM defences and receive a substantial damage bonus.
3. Found it easier to apply fortify through shield charging (as always), which leaves us with enough space to add those auras in skill gems.

Overall a good build, I've enjoyed starting out with it, and now at lvl 82 and enough currency to craft some 6-links I think I'll switch to domblow as soon as I rip on this one (which will be inevitable).

Wish all of you luck.
I'll address the questions in more detail later, and update the guide with some new ideas, but I've found what I believe to be our BIS weapon. A shaped mace with phys added as fire, and enemies explode for 5% of their max life. The example below is missing the phys as added fire prefix.

"
Myakot wrote:
Have started out with this one, slightly changed (noticed this thread after starting my own DI), the thoughts are:

1. This is fully viable for HCSSF. Right now I'm on ~4.5k life/es combined and fine doing yellow tier maps without really dropping low even during breach visits. (lvl 82) That's while having utter shit gear and barely managing to get a 5-link.
2. Skill is fun to play with, easy to survive packs around you, since they don't really have enough time to even attack you (0.4 seconds of channeling is enough to kill white packs and maybe 1 and some seconds for white packs)

My confusions considering this specific build:

1. Why faster casting remains in our main damage link? It barely adds enough cast speed once we get our own CS on the tree, so it's just a dead link which could be replaced with something like added lightning dmg or conc effect.
2. Why no auras and only a single herald? We can go hatred/HoI at least (one of those) without too much detriment to our MoM defences and receive a substantial damage bonus.
3. Found it easier to apply fortify through shield charging (as always), which leaves us with enough space to add those auras in skill gems.

Overall a good build, I've enjoyed starting out with it, and now at lvl 82 and enough currency to craft some 6-links I think I'll switch to domblow as soon as I rip on this one (which will be inevitable).

Wish all of you luck.

Since you've had success with it, I was curious what were some of the changes you made, or some of the recommendations you would make? I'm still slowly levelling up my character and I'm looking for more info on what people find to be working/not working.
^

Personally, I thoroughly enjoy playing Divine Ire with Storm Brand. I'm following this guide, but experimenting a tiny bit more offensively as I don't play it in HC.

Divine Ire - Phys to Lightning - Infused Channeling - Energy Leech - Added Fire Dmg - Faster Casting

Storm Brand - Power Charge on Crit - Innervate - Faster Casting

To enjoy this build more, (in my casual opinion) you need to :

- Work on your movement skills, because :
1. You can't facetank stuff for long.
2. Flame dashing between every Divine Ire hit will always keep up Arcane Surge, on top of teaching you the best defense mechanic in the entire universe - dodging.

- % cast speed is important to this build because it makes it very agile. Dmg AND dodging = DPS and Survibility in 1 package.

- Keep in mind that Divine Ire and Storm Brand are both LIGHTNING skills. Use that to your advantage in the passive tree by picking up easy nodes like Lightning Walker and Runesmith.

I find that Storm Brand really completes Divine Ire well in fights where you can't channel effectively, by keeping a constant DoT while dodging AND shocking enemies with Innervates 20% chance to shock. Effectively giving you even MORE dmg when you unleash Divine Ire (which really doesn't take long to fully charge, when played optimally.)

Playing this build is a ton of fun. It feels like you're a god teleporting all around the map, throwing storm brands like the first shy bite of a shark - only to INSTAGIBB multiple packs of enemies in a flashing lightning beam of fiery purification!

...This build is biblical, and the end-time has come to Wraeclast!
"
Myakot wrote:

Thank you for trying out my build! I cut out most of your post to focus on the questions, for ease of readability.

1) Faster casting adds about 20% DPS, with the late game PoB. This isn't huge, compared to some other gems we could be using, but this doesn't take into account the higher base damage of the skill by getting more stages faster. Sure, 20% more stages isn't huge, but in boss fights where we're dodging a lot it's a godsend.

2) The purpose behind only the single aura is MoM, as you say. We're aiming for a relatively high combined pool of life and mana, and with that I found that it was a struggle to maintain a 70/30 split if we reserve more than 25% of our mana. Herald of Ash is the biggest bang for our buck with mana reservation, providing us with some extra AoE clear. Herald of Ice is a viable choice once Call of the Brotherhood is achieved, but Herald of Ash still beats it on damage for us.

3) Shield charge fortify is a viable option, and something I intend to add as an alternative to the vigilant strike setup. Vigilant Strike is best when you get a lot of increased skill duration, which we do not.
"
Cruyelo wrote:

Since you've had success with it, I was curious what were some of the changes you made, or some of the recommendations you would make? I'm still slowly levelling up my character and I'm looking for more info on what people find to be working/not working.

In the coming days I'll be updating the guide, hopefully including a section on gameplay and goals for new players. Expanding the gameplay section will help of course, but a dedicated sections for newer players that includes explicit goals and advice that is non-obvious should do wonders.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info