[3.7] Champion Ice Spear Totem (Lazy Build For Delve 1000+)

sooo I went all in, and bought the best gear possible, including Bubonic Trail and Atziri's Reflection.. And after I got it all, I realized that the skill tree aint there..

DUDE!! Help!! :P

All dressed up and no where to go :D

Cheers
I'm level 85 and having quite a bit of trouble getting mobbed/overrun. It seems like, despite grabbing some more damage nodes, I'm not doing enough damage, I just tried to do a breachstone but didn't make it close to the arena. I'm past the starting gear and have some of the upgraded gear, I don't see any easy improvements. Perhaps I've missed something or made a mistake somewhere. If someone could please have a look at my character and tree that would be most appreciated.
Last edited by Pimpernickel on May 23, 2019, 2:40:25 PM
"
Pimpernickel wrote:
I'm level 85 and having quite a bit of trouble getting mobbed/overrun. It seems like, despite grabbing some more damage nodes, I'm not doing enough damage, I just tried to do a breachstone but didn't make it close to the arena. I'm past the starting gear and have some of the upgraded gear, I don't see any easy improvements. Perhaps I've missed something or made a mistake somewhere. If someone could please have a look at my character and tree that would be most appreciated.

I checked your char by PoB, I think you can change somethings:

-Your self-flagellation jewel, you're using a 15% increased damage per curse, try to buy a 20%.

-Remove "Increase Critical Strike Support" and use "Controlled Destruction" instead.

-I dislike pierce, you should use usefull gem (hypothermia)

-Try to buy a 21/20 Ice Spear gem

-Get a 6L, use multiple totem support to gain more totem

-Dying sun could add some projectiles.

-Buy a Pandemonius will boost your DPS and your defenses.

-You can easily find a better sceptre.

-You don't follow the tree, and you can easily obtain better path to obtain damages.

Well its in a race so maybe you don't have currencies. I think its hard to obtain some items.

I'm stuck with the char too but ATM i've been able to kill Uber Atziri and Shaper. And i don't have a full power char
Last edited by Shinz0r on May 24, 2019, 4:30:32 PM
Thanks
Last edited by Pimpernickel on May 24, 2019, 9:30:23 PM
OK so I geared up a champ in STD since I wanted to do delves. I'm leveling up a bit more before going deep, but I can't help to feel that I'm extremely squishy. I really can't see how I will survive any monster in a deep delve even breathing on me...

Am I missing something obvious?
Is anyone planning on updating this build for 3.7?

The original poster doesn't seem to have responded for a long time. This was definitely my favorite build to play so far. It died way less than anything else and still could clear content. If anyone is planning on updating this, please let me know.

The other ice spear builds are not build to be as lazy as this one.
Oops... sorry for leaving everyone hanging here. Got pissed off at Synthesis after playing 3 days and left for the real world the last 3 months.

Going to finally update the build for 3.7 today! Sry again! XD

3.7 will make this build much easier to level with melee changes. 1->50 will be done with the new buffed melee skills while mostly maintaining the skill tree for a later switch to ice spears.

3.7 gives the node behind blood magic 1 free aura. Free Hatred yay! More power.

Nerf to life on abyss jewels will cost maybe 200 hp. Fortify will hopefully get buffed to make up for it. This is life build so it escapes the ES nerf yay!

And most of all, will do some testing to see if Eternal Youth + Eldritch Battery works. If that works out, this build will probably become unkillable.

Edit:
Just went through patch notes. Oh boy. Occultist and ES gets destroyed. Molten Strike gets destroyed. Not many competition left for deep delving now. New powerful clusters along our skill tree path has been added too.

New cluster with +35% fortify effect bumping protection from 20% to 27%, so 10% more tanky.

New cluster with +1% all max resist and 5% physical resist, so 5% more tanky.

New cluster with -20% curse effect, which helps 2 kikazru setup to get -100% curse effect. Life is good.

Mortal Conviction lost +15% life so that hurts a bit, in its place we get free Hatred which is 19% more damage so that's fine(even more with watchers eye).

Shield charge is faster, and can be used with wand. Quality of life explosion.

Immortal call now instant and can last 1.5s with increased duration, and cuts 35% elemental damage. With this we can tank Aul ice shards up to 1000 depth. Aul farming season is open, even with maxed clumsiness!

3.7 seems almost too good to be true. Of course melee seems a ton of fun too. But this build is still king in the lazy and OP category.
Last edited by w3g on Jun 5, 2019, 7:26:06 AM
"Tukohama's Fortress: Newly dropped versions will also have Mortal Conviction."

Probably this is going to get expensive as it was in previous leagues, right? But this is a QoL for us, since we can save 4 points to put in other nodes.

Do you think this shield is going to be mandatory?

Nice build and thanks for sharing, I'm probably doing this one in this new league :)
Well totems are not really meta with Arc in dumpster, so hopefully Tukohama Fortress won't cost too much.

Blood Magic and the 2 10% life nodes are worth taking even if using Tukohama since it's 6.66% life per node averaged, but it does save 1 skill point on Mortal Conviction.
Hey! Thanks for the guide, and a lot of your responses as I've been reading through have been super helpful and informative.

Planning to play this as a league starter for 3.7 (because if Melee seems AWESOME, it gives the option to just play that too!). I'm a pretty experienced player so shouldn't have too much of an issue adapting as I go, but if you have time would you be able to post a slightly more detailed starting gear progression? It always helps to have a benchmark for what items are most important (after soul mantle), from someone who has league-started with a build before, knows what quickly becomes a reasonable price/worth getting early on, etc. I've found my main issue on league starts is that I over or underestimate what certain stuff will cost and end up picking up some items that would have been a huge help too late, and others I try to get too early when they don't help enough and quickly tank in price.

Everything your experience adds helps! Thanks again.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info