Iron Grip

what other passives and what weapon are you using. need as much information as possible to sort things out.
we already know it is frenzy gem and your str amount but don't know what weapon (and its stats) then other passives that would be relevant (weapon physical or bow physical).
"
soul4hdwn wrote:
what other passives and what weapon are you using. need as much information as possible to sort things out.
we already know it is frenzy gem and your str amount but don't know what weapon (and its stats) then other passives that would be relevant (weapon physical or bow physical).

Ok, I guess I'list them down.

Current passive skill tree:

Gears:
Spoiler

My current stats:
370 str = 74% melee phys dmg.
Skill Frenzy:
My physical dmg range before iron grip = 87-230
My physical dmg range after iron grip = 140-371

When equip with this:
Spoiler

My physical dmg range after iron grip = 155-412
well you missed that you sided with oak for the +12% physical damage (it works on everything). which is what threw numbers off by a noticeable amount. same for the helm but you provided that information :) so thats fine and ok.

with frenzy without IG:
min 64 +7 =71 then (71 *1.12) *1.1= 87

with iq AND unqiue helm:
(71 *(1 +0.12 +0.20 +0.74)) *1.1 =161
not sure what happened, devs will have to look closer.
"
soul4hdwn wrote:
well you missed that you sided with oak for the +12% physical damage (it works on everything). which is what threw numbers off by a noticeable amount. same for the helm but you provided that information :) so thats fine and ok.

with frenzy without IG:

with iq AND unqiue helm:

Thanks for the calculation. :)
Hmm, I guess i will try to Pm Mark for more info.

Last edited by heatzz on Feb 5, 2013, 9:16:51 PM
First off, can you confirm whether you do in fact have the Cruel Oak reward that increases physical damage?

I will attempt to explain the basics here once I have time, but I am not going to have time to run through every permutation (with/without IG, with/without unique helm) in full detail.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
First off, can you confirm whether you do in fact have the Cruel Oak reward that increases physical damage?

I will attempt to explain the basics here once I have time, but I am not going to have time to run through every permutation (with/without IG, with/without unique helm) in full detail.

Yup i do took the 12% physical damage from Cruel Oak.
"
soul4hdwn wrote:
with frenzy without IG:

with iq AND unqiue helm:

I believe the off-weapon Physical damage isn't increased by Bow Damage nor Iron Grip. Source. The min damage would be lower.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Feb 6, 2013, 1:02:09 AM
"
Vipermagi wrote:
"
soul4hdwn wrote:
with frenzy without IG:

with iq AND unqiue helm:

I believe the off-weapon Physical damage isn't increased by Bow Damage nor Iron Grip. Source. The min damage would be lower.
guess i'm just digging up everything wrong here by trying to help XD the "with everything" is furthest off though and at least the first number matched up.
I had a bigger version of this with all the calculations for each damage type, but then I realised that you only gave numbers for the physical damage, and only gave both numbers for not using the unique helm (I'd included it). So I've redone it without the unique helm, and only for physical.

Tree
300 str

Gear:
Bow
64 - 173 base physical damage

Quiver
1 - 2 added physical damage

Belt
27 Str

Boots
23 Str

Prismatic Ring
6 - 12 added physical damage

Amulet
20 Str (all atributes

Oak reward: 12% increased physical damage

Frenzy Skill:
Deals 110% of base physical damage - this is the same as 10% more physical damage

Totals:

64 - 173 base physical damage
7 - 14 added physical damage (not from weapon)

370 str, Giving a damage bonus from Str of:
74% increased physical melee weapon damage, which is applied also to physical projectile weapon damage from Iron Grip. This does not apply to added damage from nonweapons.

12% increased physical damage

10% more physical damage - does not stack with "increased" bonuses

Without Iron Grip (total increased physical damage for weapon is 12%)
Physical from weapon: 64 - 173 * 1.1 * 1.12 = 79 - 213
Physical nonweapon: 7 - 14 * 1.1 * 1.12 = 9 - 17
-----------
= 88 - 230 Physical Damage
"
heatzz wrote:
My physical dmg range before iron grip = 87-230
Allowing for minor rounding error, I think we hit the mark.

With Iron Grip:(total increased physical damage for weapon is 86%)
Physical from weapon: 64 - 173 * 1.1 * 1.86 = 131 - 354
Physical nonweapon: 7 - 14 * 1.1 * 1.12 = 9 - 17
-----------
= 140 - 371 Physical Damage
"
heatzz wrote:
My physical dmg range after iron grip = 140-371
Right on the money.

With the unique helm, the weapon damage increase is 106%/32% with/without iron grip, and the nonweapon increase is 32%. It'll still match your numbers.

No bugs here
Thanks for the detail explanation Mark. :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info