Iron Grip

"
seti12 wrote:
So Iron Grip only gives strength's damage, like 10 Strength gives 2% melee physical damage. So only 2% damage increase is given to projectile damage if I have 10 strength. I am confused about this can someone explain it to me.

You just explained it. What else is there to explain, it converts the bonus you get from str to melee damage to work with ranged. That's all it does.
One thing to note however, Seti, is that it grants Increased Physical damage, not Projectile damage. The distinction is important because Projectile damage also applies to Elemental damage :)
But yeah, it's really that simple. Pretty useful if you manage to get a high Physical damage bow somehow.
So, I'm working on a Marauder build to try and use Iron Grip, and I've noticed something troubling...

There doesn't seem to be a single projectile weapon I can use! Every bow, wand, etc. requires something other than Strength. I thought the entire point of Iron Grip was to open up a whole new world of exciting, arrow-shooting fun, but I can't even use the basic bows! Are there any plans to put in a class of ranged weapons based off Strength, or tweak Iron Grip to affect weapon requirements as well? Or am I just shafted on my "Ranged Marauder" idea?
well you have to go into the dex side of grid for bow damage boost passives to further help yourself anyways, so you'd get dex that way or via equipment. swaping reqs is pretty interesting but don't see much balance or smoothness to doing given current workings. you'd need dex anyways for acc (although marauder is right next to resolute tech).
Yep, already got the passive that eliminates enemy evasion. Plus, since that one prevents me from getting critical hits, it's just another reason why I really, really don't need Dexterity. In order to use anything approaching a decent bow, I'd have to spend something like a dozen points in a stat which really doesn't do a damn thing for me.
Or you get a Jade Amulet; that alone gets you up to 30 Dex, more if you also roll a Dex modifier. There's some good Dex bonuses all over the place, too. Four passive points away from Iron Grip already gets you another 50 Dex.

You'll also need it for the skills anyways, so converting the item requirements would be pointless.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Jan 26, 2013, 1:37:20 PM
"
CaptainBravo wrote:
Yep, already got the passive that eliminates enemy evasion. Plus, since that one prevents me from getting critical hits, it's just another reason why I really, really don't need Dexterity. In order to use anything approaching a decent bow, I'd have to spend something like a dozen points in a stat which really doesn't do a damn thing for me.

light quivers provide +50 dex, enough to use most bows.
May I ask if the melee physical % bonus from STR if converted to physical projectile damage, what is the penalty reduction?

My current stats:
370 str = 74% melee phys dmg.
Skill Frenzy:
My physical dmg range before iron grip = 87-230
My physical dmg range after iron grip = 140-371

Doesn't looks like a 74% increase to me.
Last edited by heatzz on Feb 5, 2013, 8:05:41 AM
All 'Increased' modifiers stack additively. There's no penalty on it, it's just added to other Increased Damage sources such as Projectile Damage.
"
Vipermagi wrote:
All 'Increased' modifiers stack additively. There's no penalty on it, it's just added to other Increased Damage sources such as Projectile Damage.

Any idea if you know the formula for Iron Grip?

Is there anything wrong with my dps that I posted before this?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info