Iron Grip

Unavailable
Unavailable
Balance & Design
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
"
Flair wrote:
first!

question:

are wands considered range weapon?

is wand damage considered projectile?

Yes and Yes
First off, can you confirm whether you do in fact have the Cruel Oak reward that increases physical damage?

I will attempt to explain the basics here once I have time, but I am not going to have time to run through every permutation (with/without IG, with/without unique helm) in full detail.
I had a bigger version of this with all the calculations for each damage type, but then I realised that you only gave numbers for the physical damage, and only gave both numbers for not using the unique helm (I'd included it). So I've redone it without the unique helm, and only for physical.

Tree
300 str

Gear:
Bow
64 - 173 base physical damage

Quiver
1 - 2 added physical damage

Belt
27 Str

Boots
23 Str

Prismatic Ring
6 - 12 added physical damage

Amulet
20 Str (all atributes

Oak reward: 12% increased physical damage

Frenzy Skill:
Deals 110% of base physical damage - this is the same as 10% more physical damage

Totals:

64 - 173 base physical damage
7 - 14 added physical damage (not from weapon)

370 str, Giving a damage bonus from Str of:
74% increased physical melee weapon damage, which is applied also to physical projectile weapon damage from Iron Grip. This does not apply to added damage from nonweapons.

12% increased physical damage

10% more physical damage - does not stack with "increased" bonuses

Without Iron Grip (total increased physical damage for weapon is 12%)
Physical from weapon: 64 - 173 * 1.1 * 1.12 = 79 - 213
Physical nonweapon: 7 - 14 * 1.1 * 1.12 = 9 - 17
-----------
= 88 - 230 Physical Damage
"
heatzz wrote:
My physical dmg range before iron grip = 87-230
Allowing for minor rounding error, I think we hit the mark.

With Iron Grip:(total increased physical damage for weapon is 86%)
Physical from weapon: 64 - 173 * 1.1 * 1.86 = 131 - 354
Physical nonweapon: 7 - 14 * 1.1 * 1.12 = 9 - 17
-----------
= 140 - 371 Physical Damage
"
heatzz wrote:
My physical dmg range after iron grip = 140-371
Right on the money.

With the unique helm, the weapon damage increase is 106%/32% with/without iron grip, and the nonweapon increase is 32%. It'll still match your numbers.

No bugs here
"
AmazingRando wrote:
Then why wouldn't physical damage from off weapon sources be affected by Iron Grip? The damage is being added to the projectile and Iron Grip says it adds the physical damage bonus to melee attacks to projectile attacks, so it should stand to reason that Iron Grip should affect all physical damage in the projectile, not exclusively the on weapon damage. It's weird and unintuitive that elemental damage from off weapon sources is treated differently from physical damage from off weapon sources.
This is a holdover from previous design of the damage system, and will be changed in an upcoming refactor of damage stats, bringing consistency by making physical added damage from non-weapon sources function just like elemental damage does.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info