(HC/SC) Facebreaker + Cyclone - Fists of Fury Duelist [Videos Included]

Patch notes with new information about Cyclone are available. It is a level 24 gem, and duelists will obtain it from the Lost in Love quest at the beginning of act 3.
Hello ...

I believe someone already mentioned it ...

- physical reward from oak is must (I dont know why but its counted differently than for others characters, all the other melee characters should take speed because it will result in higher damage increase)
- dont invest any point into melee physical damage!!!
- for damage you must invest points into speed or fire damage

that shield and uniques which converting damage into fire looks really promising :-D (I will try it, because it will help to get the most damage from my build)

very nice combo is to combine the build with explosive arrow (its working incredibly well, because both builds want as much speed and as much fire as possible :-))) )

This will give me another AOE possbility

The possible builds are:

with maximum fire damage:
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAxthYYz38UFB8uIzPKS72SIwGXz-krO8Oud3yL9SPGS4n7ayqcqlZ8_cywBr465BVQaqnhBRxGjgGDg48pzDsOAPGY_06UhQgOtgpT_0LJa3fv4ZgUEdN2OQigpsJ9lYEnjyMdhps1HxhUoFvna4ZhedqYIgEs6cIEmkkqnrmKLUUTfAfAnHYJI9GFxw26e9OgziiADbF0NBxeeNqQKAyCe98HwI22M9lBS08BQQHnC3xbFXGYEuf35eVh2XsVXrvi4xSU6-3l4WIG3Tt4XM9X0kbKo3vhe0gRtd82Q==

with attack speed + projectile damage
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAAdwCcQQHBLMFLQYOCfYOPBJpFCAUTRRxFxwXHRkuGYUaOBpsG_ofAiSqJa0l3yftKS4pTzIJNsU22DboNuk6UjrYPAU9Xz38QKBBqkbXR35N2FBHUFBSU1hjWK9Z818_YEthIWP9ZU1nm25pcXlyqXTteA1673y4fNmBb4KbgziE2YTvh2WLjIx2jM-NfpBVl5WbLZwtna6ePJ_fogCkGacIpzCnhKvFrKq3trndvoq-p8AaxtjNmNSP2CTfv-Fz4urjauQi7DjsVe0g7w7vTu988B_xbPIv9kj3Mve--Os=

(22% attack speed + 24% projectile) or (30% increased burning duration + 50% fire damage + 20% burning damage)

after this change I will probably go with speed, but I must try it.

The only problem which I found is ressits (I advice to invest more into passives, because you should wear so many uniques which doesnt improve your ressits too much.). So you should have at least 20% ressits to all on rings and amulets so you are able to remove merciless penalty just with rings.

Than you can have a shield or quiver which will add you another 20 - 30 to resists and the rest you will need from passives and boots so you should be able to hit 75 - 80 but its harder do to item requirements ....

to obtain some rings and amulets which are adding bellow things isnt easy at all...
physical damage (at least 10+ damage)
life
ressits

Balance Changes:
Increased the damage of Incinerate by 12.5%.
Added Cyclone (which is level 24) to the quest rewards for the Marauder, Duelist and Templar (at the Normal difficulty "Lost in Love" quest), the Shadow (Cruel difficulty Hillock quest) and the Ranger (Cruel difficulty Brutus quest).
There are now four Energy Shield passives behind Chaos Inoculation. There are three 8% additional Energy Shield nodes and a new notable (Infused Shield), which adds a 20% multiplicative Energy Shield bonus.

Life Gain on Hit is now scaled by the Damage Effectiveness of a skill.
Alexis
*smiles*

=@[.]@= boggled
=~[.]^= naughty wink
"
Kwonryu wrote:
Balance Changes:
Increased the damage of Incinerate by 12.5%.
Added Cyclone (which is level 24) to the quest rewards for the Marauder, Duelist and Templar (at the Normal difficulty "Lost in Love" quest), the Shadow (Cruel difficulty Hillock quest) and the Ranger (Cruel difficulty Brutus quest).
There are now four Energy Shield passives behind Chaos Inoculation. There are three 8% additional Energy Shield nodes and a new notable (Infused Shield), which adds a 20% multiplicative Energy Shield bonus.

Life Gain on Hit is now scaled by the Damage Effectiveness of a skill.

Yeah, I'm a bit worried about the changes to Life Gain on Hit. Luckily since you'll be dealing huge damage, life leech will work just as well from whenever you can use it. Unfortunately until then, you might have some problems. D:

Personally what I did was stack life regeneration to make it to level 24 to use Cyclone (And completed the Lost in Love quest for the quest reward), and I'm sitting at around 25-30 health regeneration per second.
I'd definitely recommend getting a magic coral amulet and rolling it to get either these, or physical damage + maximum health while you get access to Cyclone.

Edit: It all depends on what the damage effectiveness of Cyclone is. However I can't help but think that it will be low, and Life Gain on Hit is being changed to not work so well with it. :(
Last edited by EndOfEnds on Mar 12, 2013, 7:53:03 AM
first levels can be harder with cyclone, but dont forget, that you played just with infernal blow before :-D

I believe that this change will not affect facrebreaker buils at all... at least normal ones ....

I play it little bit differently, For Aoe clearing I am using explosive arrow which has great synergy with facebreaker build.

I am not sure what it will do with lesser or greater multiple projectiles. (this damage is not listed as damage effectiveness - its listed just as less damage).
I know that there were a lot of discussion about dual wielding and cyclone ...

I think that many people missing few important things ...

1) is there any shield increasing attack speed? I dont know any, but maybe I miss one. You can have increase attack speed on weapon.
2) 10% bonus from DW is increasing your attack speed.
3)There is alot of passives which increasing attack speed and are easy to take and you can have them for 2hand. You can take advantage of 1h, dual wield, weapon specific.

you can try this on leap slam :-D (its not anyhow usable on whirling blade - damage on whirling blade is absolutely low and aoe is very low too....)

but to be honest .... I am using 2 hand :-DDDDDDDDDDDD
"
antarian wrote:
I know that there were a lot of discussion about dual wielding and cyclone ...

I think that many people missing few important things ...

1) is there any shield increasing attack speed? I dont know any, but maybe I miss one. You can have increase attack speed on weapon.
2) 10% bonus from DW is increasing your attack speed.
3)There is alot of passives which increasing attack speed and are easy to take and you can have them for 2hand. You can take advantage of 1h, dual wield, weapon specific.

you can try this on leap slam :-D (its not anyhow usable on whirling blade - damage on whirling blade is absolutely low and aoe is very low too....)

but to be honest .... I am using 2 hand :-DDDDDDDDDDDD

Of course there are advantages to using weapons over facebreaker unarmed builds. The main reason to use facebreaker over 2H weapons is that when paired with specific uniques, the damage is unbeatable. Facebreaker builds until now have been sub-par, as they lacked an AoE attack, and Cyclone fixes that issue for them. =)

Honestly, I just want to use an unarmed build with Cyclone because it will look and feel awesome. Who needs magic and blades when you can just punch your enemy!
I'll start evasion + facebreaker duelist today, here is my planned skills for 103 points in advance:

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgQAmSunn72Bn6OrxQHcR36-imVNeA2E2Qthbml5aMS4vqfBBNX40k2Ov8APG0XV7XuMapMhAhm0tkEq9srTWhos6SyF3Q0VIHTxOrOQCvzFks0hYJ65NYZW-meg4oBAoLnNnaruDnRBh3asRwUt705OyHfXSn1gSzIJNZJ_K3rv034wfNaKdO1RR02SqriNvz7Pqn8Ftb3mhxnN6tQj6NbdqJsmxqIyATBxshlLeM96OkJh63pTqW618q6TbPaC5IqvkBEM8qXLTeOsWf6P6xQ=

pros:
- phys damage (54% melee + 31% attack speed + 52.4% melee from str)
- evasion (+110% evasion from items + 30% absolute evasion from skills + 20% to dodge spells + doubles chances to avoid projectiles)
- +216% hp

Available for critique.
Last edited by Nilanno on Mar 12, 2013, 9:29:45 AM
"
Nilanno wrote:
I'll start evasion + facebreaker duelist today, here is my planned skills for 103 points in advance:

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgQAmSunn72Bn6OrxQHcR36-imVNeA2E2Qthbml5aMS4vqfBBNX40k2Ov8APG0XV7XuMapMhAhm0tkEq9srTWhos6SyF3Q0VIHTxOrOQCvzFks0hYJ65NYZW-meg4oBAoLnNnaruDnRBh3asRwUt705OyHfXSn1gSzIJNZJ_K3rv034wfNaKdO1RR02SqriNvz7Pqn8Ftb3mhxnN6tQj6NbdqJsmxqIyATBxshlLeM96OkJh63pTqW618q6TbPaC5IqvkBEM8qXLTeOsWf6P6xQ=

pros:
- evasion (+110% evasion from items + 30% absolute evasion from skills + 20% to dodge spells + doubles chances to avoid projectiles)
- +216% hp

Available for critique.

Instead of going out of your way to get those 3 individual elemental resistance nodes, I personally would just use those points to start heading in to the marauder tree.
"
Nilanno wrote:

pros:
- +216% hp

Available for critique.

I dont know why but I wouldnt get % Increased Physical Damage nodes. I took the first 12% node on the Marauder tree when my DPS on Infernal Blow was like 960 and it increased to like 980 which is not worth it imo. These nodes just scale badly with IB, dont know why though, on paper they look awesome.
ign: PhrozenFlame

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info