[Ask the Dev] Elemental Equilibrium Keystone

An enemy can only have one EE buff at a time. It will be overwritten.
"
Umbraal wrote:
An enemy can only have one EE buff at a time. It will be overwritten.
"Overwritten" implies that there is a buff that would be applied (which I am told is not the case in a three-element attack). Did you mean that the buff would be removed?
IGN: Totemofo
"
lordbadguy wrote:
At this point, does EE's previous buff get removed, or does the old buff continue its duration?

Because if the EE buff continues its duration, I have a wicked Templar build to start testing...
The new buff overwrites the old. In the case where no new buff is applied (because a hit has either all three elements or none of them), any existing buff is not overwritten and will continue until it's duration (5 seconds) is up.
I find this keystone really awkward to use. Even using totems to apply the "off" element (faster casting spark totem to maximise debuff up time) it just honestly seems more effort than its worth.

Maybe if it stacked a little bit for the "wtf nuclear bomb" effect at 3 stacks.

Conceptually it's very appealing, it's just... well it's one of those passives that might become relevant if the ridiculous brute force builds were nerfed.
Sorry if this is considered grave digging!

Have I got this right :

*Hit with initial cold+lightning attack

*Get buff

*Damage with skill that's predominantly fire with tiny amounts of cold+lightning continues to benefit from the double fire buff for the full 5 seconds ?
D1 - PvM D2 - PvM/PvP D3 - MvM (Money vs Monster)
"
karaknic wrote:

Have I got this right :

*Get buff

*Damage with skill that's predominantly fire with tiny amounts of cold+lightning continues to benefit from the double fire buff for the full 5 seconds ?

No the last hit will override (cancel) the previous one and since all elements are doing damage no resistances will be changed.
Best use of EE IMHO:

*Get buff

*Damage with skill that's fire (and try to ignite the enemy)

*Hit again with cold+lighning to lower enemys fire res while he burns
:)
Proud 5th duelist in the Jul 1 2012 Ladder Race and in the Nov 3 2012 Solo Turbo Race :D
And even prouder 4th Templar in the Nov 10 Four-hour Party Hardcore Race :P
Current OB success:
top 20 Ranger in 105 Minute Turbo Solo (S4E9)
Well, it works pretty nice with elemental hit IF you have no other elemental damage bonuses on gear, other than that it's fiddly and the 25% bonus is not that hot. Dunno if it works with damage ticks from fire trap, I guess it depends on whether FT applies it's damage by ticks in area of effect or just gives a burning status while the enemy stands on it. I tried to test it by pelting with ice spear enemies standing in the pool of fire and it seems to work but it may be just me.
Respect your passive skills and they shall respect you in turn.
Last edited by raic000 on Jul 28, 2012, 1:00:30 PM
"
Sony_Black wrote:
"
karaknic wrote:

Have I got this right :

*Get buff

No the last hit will override (cancel) the previous one and since all elements are doing damage no resistances will be changed.
This is not correct, please see my previous post (5 posts up)
I've made several threads expressing the need to buff EE. Are there any plans to buff it?

In addition to a buff, are there any plans to increase the variety of spells that are viable (ie, not fireball and freezing pulse) and work together better for EE?
This keystone is by far my favorite one.
It's very complicated to understand and you have to put a lot of thought into your build to make it viable, so I understand completely that not a lot of people like to use it. However, I think I figured out a way to make this work. Here's the thread to my EE bow templar. It's super fun, even though it's quite micro-intensive!
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/39266
I'm also thinking about a pure spell-caster with fire trap and fireball instead of bow-attacks. Burn damage synergyzes extremely well with lowered resistances and the fire trap dot stacks with the burn-alignment!
Besides, you should never forget that doing 2-elemental attacks has NO drawback and ONLY improves the third element's damage by 50% ... multiplicative! How the hell could NOT love this keystone?
Last edited by mokschi on Jul 30, 2012, 9:43:54 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info