[Ask the Dev] Elemental Equilibrium Keystone

Elemental Equilibrium

Enemys you hit with Elemental Damage temporarily get +30% Resistance to that Element.
Enemys you hit with Elemental Damage temporarily get -20% Resistance to other Elements.

I did some further reading about this Keystone but it caused more new questions than answers.

1.How long last the buff by default?

2.If i use a single elemental attack/spell, does the buff affect caused statuseffects like burn, shock by this used attack/spell?

3.If i use a two elemental attack/spell, how is the caused buff looks like?
a) -40% to other, +10% the both used
b) -40% to other, +30% the both used

4.Three elements don't cause this buff?

5.Does Molten shells damage, which is caused by the playerbuff, cause this E.E. buff? What about Tempest shield?

6.Does Elemental Weakness resistance part stack with Elemental Equilibrium?

English is my third language, there will be bugs.
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
"
LadyDevimon wrote:
5 seconds

"
LadyDevimon wrote:
2.If i use a single elemental attack/spell, does the buff affect caused statuseffects like burn, shock by this used attack/spell?
Only for burning, because that's the only one which causes damage. Burning damage is fire damage, and affected by fire resistance. So if you have this keystone and hit something with fire damage, igniting it, it will gain fire resistance and thus take less burning damage.

"
LadyDevimon wrote:
A. It just adds the two individual effects.

"
LadyDevimon wrote:
Correct.

"
LadyDevimon wrote:
5.Does Molten shells damage, which is caused by the playerbuff, cause this E.E. buff? What about Tempest shield?
Molten Shell's damage is not caused by a buff. It's caused by the Molten Shell spell, which does two things - applies a defensive buff to you, and deals damage when a condition is met. This damage, like any other damage dealt by your spells, will trigger Elemental Equilibrium. Same for Tempest Shield.

"
LadyDevimon wrote:
Yes.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:

"
LadyDevimon wrote:
Only for burning, because that's the only one which causes damage. Burning damage is fire damage, and affected by fire resistance. So if you have this keystone and hit something with fire damage, igniting it, it will gain fire resistance and thus take less burning damage.

So technically, since they're burning at each "pulse" over those seconds....if someone is burning for say 10 seconds and you hit them repeatedly with the same elemental (ice spear), then each ice spear will do more damage? (Because hit with burning, hit from spear, tick from burning, hit from spear...etc)
Last edited by sanddemon on Mar 28, 2012, 8:08:33 PM
No. Burning deals damage constantly over time, it doesn't "hit" anything. degen/damage over time is separate from hitting things for a numerical amount of damage, and does not trigger any effect which triggers on dealing damage.

You'll not elemental equilibrium specifies it works when you hit an enemy.
"
LadyDevimon wrote:
Elemental Equilibrium

Enemys you hit with Elemental Damage temporarily get +30% Resistance to that Element.
Enemys you hit with Elemental Damage temporarily get -20% Resistance to other Elements.

I did some further reading about this Keystone but it caused more new questions than answers.

Use the search feature.
Not only that, but how is a question like this feedback?
Fresh cakes for all occasions.
Delivery in 30 eons or less
Call 1-800-DOMINUS
Remember - 'Dominus Delivers'
Last edited by Xapti on Mar 29, 2012, 12:29:58 AM
Well my follower this is an excellent question and i thank you for it. I think its great we have a forum where you can ask questions. Because without question we just have answers and an answer without a question is a statement.

Yes your are right! I used the search and it caused more new questions than answers.

Feel free to try it out again and answer all my questions above with the information of those like 100 hits.

I think questions are also feedback, because they show how the user thinks/feels/react/whatever if he doesn't know something more in detail because its just a hitten not obvious mechanic.
Thank you for this thread. It clear a lot up for me. But it also confuses me a bit.

If I cast a cold spell, giving +30% resist to cold and -20% to lightning and fire, then switch to fire, then back to cold, etc etc, wouldn't the resists be constantly increasing if you only use two elements?

example:

Fireball (+30% FR, -20% CR, -20% LR)
Ice spear (+10% FR, +10% CR, -40% LR)
Fireball (+40% FR, -10% CR, -60% LR)
Ice spear (+20% FR, +20% CR, -80% LR)

etc. Note how the fire and cold resistances constantly go up.

Is this correct? If so, it would mean that only using two elements for an elemental equilibrium build would not be smart, right? Or are you counting on 2-shotting most all monsters so it doesn't matter?

I guess this will clear my question up:
Do the buffs continue to overlap and have their own 5 second timers, or do they completely reset old buffs once a new elemental equilibrium buff/debuff is applied?

Seems like the best build would be cycling from a 2-element combo attack to the final 3rd element, then back to the 2-element combo.
Last edited by visibiliti on Mar 29, 2012, 1:33:53 PM
As far as i know the buff doesn't stack.

An entity can only have one E.E. buff.
After 5sec(default) the buff disappears.
If an other attack/spell with elemental hits, a new buff is applied.

there are 6 possible buffs

+30cold,-20%fire,-20lightning
+30fire,-20%lightning,-20%cold
+30lightning,-20%cold,-20%fire
+10%cold,+10%fire,-40%ligthning
+10%fire,+10%lightning,-40%cold
+10%lightning,+10%cold,-40%fire

only one can be "active"

If an enemy has 75% to fire,cold and lightning and you use an icenova with addet lightningdmg, the fire resist is reduced to 35%, cold and lightning cant be higher and stay at 75%. If you use now elemental weakness with -50% to all, the fire resist is -15%, cold and lightning 35%. 35% because the E.E. buff is still active.
^ Thanks for the reply! Got it!
Yeah, the buff is replaced the next time you hit them with elemental damage. On;y the most recent hit is ever in effect.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info